PDA

View Full Version : Chip Flashed ???

mungce
11-02-2003, 08:25 AM
How can I know if my D Reinhart chip has been flashed, lacking a hand held ? I took my 300A to the dealer for it's 15K check, and left with a car the now " cuts out " , like an older V-8 did when a plug was bad, then then enging kicks back in, this repeating itself at idle. I have little torgue. To make matters worse, he left the power steeering hose so loose that it's goning to fall off, so I can't even drive it till the dealer opens Monday.
Any way to tell if I have been flashed ?

Jim Williams
Ft.Worth

RF Overlord
11-02-2003, 08:41 AM
Jim:

I won't make the obvious comment that you should never leave the chip in when you take your car to the dealer, but even if they did somehow re-flash it, your car shouldn't run the way you're describing...sounds like something else is wrong...remove the chip and see how it runs...

As far as the power steering hose, are you referring to the one right near the oil filter that goes into the rack? If so, they're supposed to be loose like that...it's a special swivel connection...

mungce
11-02-2003, 09:34 AM
If the power steering hose is supposed to be this loose, it would be hard to understand, it's leaking fliud at the same place, where it hooks onto the sterring rack. Nasty situation,,,

Jim Williams
Ft.Worth, Tx

Dennis Reinhart
11-02-2003, 12:14 PM
Call me Monday

RF Overlord
11-02-2003, 12:34 PM
Originally posted by mungce
If the power steering hose is supposed to be this loose, it would be hard to understand, it's leaking fliud at the same place,

OK, you didn't say it was leaking before...that's NOT good, but even when they're a$$embled correctly, the metal tube is still loose, so it can swivel out of the way when changing the oil filter...

Call Dennis, like he asked, before you bring the car back to the dealer...

mungce
11-02-2003, 02:36 PM
will do Dennis.... best tech support om Earth !!

Jim Williams