PDA

View Full Version : Need to get supercharged

djyelloboy
01-03-2010, 11:58 AM
What do i need to do or where do i need to go to get my marauder supercharged

BUCKWHEAT
01-03-2010, 12:04 PM

1. $10k, just to be sure you have enough.
2. Rootes type S/C complete kit from Trilogy Motorsports-Detroit
3. Install and tune by Alternative Auto-Detroit
4. Enjoy.

Extras to consider at the same time:
a. 4:10 gears
b. Headers: Stainless Works or Kooks ( or cobra shorties)

Stop there, and get experience to see what you want next.

ImpalaSlayer
01-03-2010, 12:04 PM
IMO, build your own kit. its the cheapest way and you dont have to deal with the limited crappy dealers that make a kit for the marauder.

ntd
01-03-2010, 12:11 PM
IMO, build your own kit. its the cheapest way and you dont have to deal with the limited crappy dealers that make a kit for the marauder.

I agree with Dave(ImpalaSlayer), but while you could build your own Eaton kit like Dave you and also build your own Vortech/Paxton kit like I'm doing.

ImpalaSlayer
01-03-2010, 12:16 PM
I agree with Dave(ImpalaSlayer), but while you could build your own Eaton kit like Dave you and also build your own Vortech/Paxton kit like I'm doing.

yup, either way is great

FordNut
01-03-2010, 01:14 PM
A wheelbarrow full of money? Or a good bit of know-how.

Kits: Trilogy, Reinhart Vortech, FIT ProCharger, Kenne Bell Mach1 kit.
DIY: Vortech, ProCharger, Cobra Eaton setup.

Motorhead350
01-04-2010, 10:10 AM
You don't need ten grand for the blower, but if you buy everything new and have it set up properly you will end up spending ten grand. With what has been figured out in the past eight years you could probably get where you want to for four grand. That's if you build the blower setup yourself and just a tune.

This doesn't include 4:10s, 3500 stall, headers... none of which you need, but you will want. :D

DOOM
01-04-2010, 10:21 AM
Trilogy kit is a little over 6k.
Comes with everything you need even a tune!
You don't need 4:10 gears with this setup.

CWright
01-04-2010, 02:56 PM
I would recommend driving some other marauders that are supercharged to see what you like. I have a Novi 1200 air to air kit along with kooks headers. With S/C only car made 386 to rear wheels. Went ahead and added headers car went to 461 to the rear wheels with 9.5 lbs of boost. I met up with some guys in Atlanta back in November. I got to drive 2 different cars that have a Trilogy. First was a gen II trilogy and the other was the original. Both were very nice as well. I invite you to Atlanta the 3rd Saturday of the month and check out for yourself. I highly recommend to see exactly what you might be looking for. If not, I wish you the best in your search. If you want to contact Dennis Reinhart, he is just outside Jacksonville Florida. Here is his number 904-276-5003. He is who did all my work. Again good luck!

FormulaMarauder
01-06-2010, 09:32 AM
My Vortech runs 12.2 with only 9psi, 4.10's and a 3,500 stall. I got my kit used for 4k, but the recipe I'm using new shouldnt run over 7k with installs and tune.

Cheeseheadbob
01-06-2010, 09:45 AM
You need to buy my car. :D