PDA

View Full Version : my MM dyno sheet

LANDY
01-03-2010, 05:42 PM
hey guys, i found this searching after the previous owner gave me some clues.
this car was the #7 air to air kit Reinhart did.
the gentlemen told me it peaked at 7.8 psi, but he also told me he wasnt 100% sure. does it look like it?
are there any updates on this kit.
http://web.iwebcenters.com/reinhartautomotive/images/session/00-00-1130790536-03varm.jpg

thanks
LANDY

guspech750
01-03-2010, 05:43 PM
Nice!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

ImpalaSlayer
01-03-2010, 05:45 PM
looks like it went right to about 10psi

dohc324ci
01-03-2010, 06:01 PM
Sweet numbers for an AA!

RR|Suki
01-03-2010, 06:20 PM
Sweet numbers for an AA!

That's not an abnormal starting place

ImpalaSlayer
01-03-2010, 06:21 PM
That's not an abnormal starting place

kinda what i was thinking. seem pretty average for the boost. but they are good numbers!

RR|Suki
01-03-2010, 06:31 PM
kinda what i was thinking. seem pretty average for the boost. but they are good numbers!

Indeed, it'll be a good kick in the pants

RacerX
01-03-2010, 07:55 PM
Sheesh! That's close to 570 at the crank! Nice! I guess Hypereutectic pistons can take some beating on. :D

LANDY
01-03-2010, 08:18 PM
looks like it went right to about 10psi
thats what i see too. i still want to de tune it a little,i want to keep it under 9psi.

LANDY
01-03-2010, 08:22 PM
Sheesh! That's close to 570 at the crank! Nice! I guess Hypereutectic pistons can take some beating on. :D
i dont know about 570 to the crank. that seems a little steep, there are other members here running close to those #s on stock bottom end. so i agree with you on the pistons.

ImpalaSlayer
01-03-2010, 08:29 PM
thats what i see too. i still want to de tune it a little,i want to keep it under 9psi.

i wouldn't bother man. maybe go just to get it checked out but 10psi isnt anything.

just find a good tuner if you know what i mean.

RR|Suki
01-03-2010, 08:31 PM

A tune isn't going to reduce the PSI, either way it's not the PSI that will cause you the most trouble, but rather power. At that power level though it's still rather safe. Could fatten up the tune just a tad and take just a little timing out of it. That will reduce power and increase your safety net

dohc324ci
01-03-2010, 08:44 PM

I always assumed it would be around 400rwhp at 6/7.5lbs but ah I see its 9/10lbs. I wonder if anyone's pushed these to 12lbs 500+rwhp easily with some good fuel.

ImpalaSlayer
01-03-2010, 08:46 PM
I always assumed it would be around 400rwhp at 6/7.5lbs but ah I see its 9/10lbs. I wonder if anyone's pushed these to 12lbs 500+rwhp easily with some good fuel.

im sure its been done. crazy how much more power snails make with less boost. i still cant quite get my head around it.

LANDY
01-03-2010, 08:57 PM
A tune isn't going to reduce the PSI, either way it's not the PSI that will cause you the most trouble, but rather power. At that power level though it's still rather safe. Could fatten up the tune just a tad and take just a little timing out of it. That will reduce power and increase your safety net
that makes sense, i know the pulley size changes the psi, i just wasnt sure if a tune did.

LANDY
01-03-2010, 09:01 PM
i wouldn't bother man. maybe go just to get it checked out but 10psi isnt anything.

just find a good tuner if you know what i mean.
i might do that before i take the car to the track.

FordNut
01-04-2010, 06:03 AM
Aren't you changing the headers from shorties to long tubes? For sure get it retuned after that, it may affect the AFR. Get a number on the dyno with the timing like it is, then you can have a little bit of timing pulled out of it to reduce the power level. Maybe richen it up at the higher rpm range, if you richen up the whole thing it will hurt fuel mileage.

LANDY
01-04-2010, 05:09 PM
Aren't you changing the headers from shorties to long tubes? For sure get it retuned after that, it may affect the AFR. Get a number on the dyno with the timing like it is, then you can have a little bit of timing pulled out of it to reduce the power level. Maybe richen it up at the higher rpm range, if you richen up the whole thing it will hurt fuel mileage.
yes i im Brian, i want to make a pull with the afr fixed with the kooks on to compare the #s, then detune it a little bit to about 430 or 445 max @ the rear tires.
thanks fo your help.:beer:

RR|Suki
01-04-2010, 05:12 PM
yes i im Brian, i want to make a pull with the afr fixed with the kooks on to compare the #s, then detune it a little bit to about 430 or 445 max @ the rear tires.
thanks fo your help.:beer:

if you are trying to reduce the power why even bother putting long tubes on? :confused:

FordNut
01-04-2010, 05:14 PM
SHH! We need a genuine before/after comparison test...

As to one reason why, he already has the headers, he took them off the totalled NA car.

LANDY
01-04-2010, 05:21 PM
yes, i think we definately need a comparison on numbers. plus the car has catalitic converters and is soooo quiet. i miss how much better my old one used to sound.

RR|Suki
01-04-2010, 05:26 PM
SHH! We need a genuine before/after comparison test...

As to one reason why, he already has the headers, he took them off the totalled NA car.

True we do. Poor guy is gonna spend a lot of money though just to reduce power... money to install the headers etc. maybe even more tuning time than he'd need otherwise. If it were me I'd just sell em and make some chedda :banana:

LANDY
01-04-2010, 05:34 PM
i will do everything myself but the tuning.

FordNut
01-04-2010, 05:34 PM
I'll bet cranking down the peak power won't dramatically reduce power at lower rpm's and the power "under the curve" will be much higher with the headers even if the peak power isn't impressive.

LANDY
01-04-2010, 05:49 PM
I'll bet cranking down the peak power won't dramatically reduce power at lower rpm's and the power "under the curve" will be much higher with the headers even if the peak power isn't impressive.
im confused,:confused: i dont drive the car everyday and when i do drive it i just treat it like my old one, i dont like abusing the car, but when i go to the track i also like to make the best out of it.
i probably put 200 miles or less a month unless its time for a road trip.
i just want reliability. upgrading the bottom end is going to be a slow process.
what should i do?
i really want to keep those kooks.

FordNut
01-04-2010, 06:15 PM
what should i do?
i really want to keep those kooks.

Just do this, like you originally planned to do.

Get a number on the dyno with the timing like it is, then you can have a little bit of timing pulled out of it to reduce the power level. Maybe richen it up at the higher rpm range, if you richen up the whole thing it will hurt fuel mileage.

RacerX
01-06-2010, 07:52 PM
Naw, go with the LTs, I'll take the shorties off you for my new lower end.;)

Dennis Reinhart
03-13-2010, 01:07 PM
hey guys, i found this searching after the previous owner gave me some clues.
this car was the #7 air to air kit Reinhart did.
the gentlemen told me it peaked at 7.8 psi, but he also told me he wasnt 100% sure. does it look like it?
are there any updates on this kit.

http://web.iwebcenters.com/reinhartautomotive/images/session/00-00-1130790536-03varm.jpg

thanks
LANDY

I think this is much better 452, was at standard your making plus that today at SAE these are great bumbers at 8PSI

http://web.iwebcenters.com/reinhartautomotive/images/session/00-00-1268508743-472.jpg

hotford
03-13-2010, 02:15 PM
the graph shows 8 psi but remember thats after the intercooler so actually if ya measure it right at the blower the psi would be at least 2 psi more, the core has some restriction when boost is passing through it.

JimP
03-13-2010, 03:13 PM
If your haven't read up on Alky injection and have some time do a quick internet search for Alky kits. If you need some extra security, an Alky kit will raise your effective octane, cool your intake charge and give you a better safety blanket to avoid detonation or leaning out.

Razor makes a kit which I use on my Buick GN. I can run up to 26 lbs. of boost on 94 Octane pump gas. You can make this kit work with the MM, if your a die hard FORD guy Snow performance makes kits for cars Paxton's, Vortex chargers etc..... All my forced induction cars including my recently sold 88 GT 5.0 have had alky kits. When I do decide to boost the 03 MM I have it'll have one too. Alky is also cheap, 6.99 for a gallon of Methyl Hydrate (wood alcohol at home depot).

Nice dyno numbers by the way, the car must be a blast to drive

hotford
03-13-2010, 03:45 PM
If your haven't read up on Alky injection and have some time do a quick internet search for Alky kits. If you need some extra security, an Alky kit will raise your effective octane, cool your intake charge and give you a better safety blanket to avoid detonation or leaning out.

Razor makes a kit which I use on my Buick GN. I can run up to 26 lbs. of boost on 94 Octane pump gas. You can make this kit work with the MM, if your a die hard FORD guy Snow performance makes kits for cars Paxton's, Vortex chargers etc..... All my forced induction cars including my recently sold 88 GT 5.0 have had alky kits. When I do decide to boost the 03 MM I have it'll have one too. Alky is also cheap, 6.99 for a gallon of Methyl Hydrate (wood alcohol at home depot).

Nice dyno numbers by the way, the car must be a blast to drive
lidio at alternative has used razor kits for years now, the alky kit is what im looking into for my MM , lidio says hes done a few kit for some customers with MM.

LANDY
03-13-2010, 04:13 PM
thats nice to know, something to add to the list on the future when it makes more power. right now the car is running safely on 11 degrees of timing on 93 octane.

Glenn
03-13-2010, 06:28 PM
Absolutely the Dyno chart is incorrect no MM can make that kind of power with Shorties. :eek:

Glenn Ford :flamer:

RR|Suki
03-13-2010, 06:45 PM
Absolutely the Dyno chart is incorrect no MM can make that kind of power with Shorties. :eek:

Glenn Ford :flamer:

the 439 or whatever number from before is the shorties. He took them off and put on LTs, these are the numbers after that :lol: