PDA

View Full Version : Xcal or Diablosport

gdsqdcr
01-03-2010, 10:16 PM
Hey folks

Tuning is a new game to me. I know if I were to buy a XCal, I should buy a XCal3. BUT, can the same tunes be used on a DiabloSport? There is a local guy to me who has one, with the stock and a 4.10 tune on a DiabloSport. I can have the tuner for under $200.

Is this a good buy or will I regret it, sell it and then end up ultimately buying the XCal? :lol:

Thanks!
Anthony

dohc324ci
01-03-2010, 10:46 PM
I dont know who in our area is a diablo tuner. You can pick it up find a Diablo dealer and have a custom tune done 400+200=600 or get a DR tune for $379 and comes with his Marauder tune. you dont have much as far as mods so I would recommend doing that. I think Shaun Ellis from socaldiablo.com is at Mustang Ranch in San Jose every month and can tune it for you. There are at least 5 shops I know of that are SCT.

BhamMarauder
01-04-2010, 07:56 AM
I bought a DiabloSport Predator from a local shop several months ago. The stock Marauder tune didn't work well. The shop made several attemps to customize the tune but it still didn't work well. I ended up going back to my stock tune and returning it.

I have since purchased an Xcal3 with the Lidio (sp?) tune, but I haven't installed it yet.

FordNut
01-04-2010, 08:04 AM
First step, find a good tuner. Preferrably one with Marauder experience: they're NOT just like a Mustang.

Second step, get the device he prefers to use. Keep in mind, if you change tuners (the person, not the device) in the future you may have to change hardware too.

There are a lot more SCT users/dealers/tuners out there than Diablosport.

SpartaPerformance
01-04-2010, 09:55 PM
Xcal hands down. Diablosport is like "my first handheld"

na svt
01-05-2010, 08:06 AM
The software used is not as important as the person tuning the engine. Also, the handheld device you go with will have no affect on the quality of the tune.

I have no hands on experience with Diablo products, but if you go with an Xcal mail order tune you can datalog using a laptop and then that datalog to the tuner and for tweaking. There is no need for a local tuner but is far more convenient.