PDA

View Full Version : Will a Cobra Diablo Predator work on a Marauder

MarauderPU
01-16-2010, 09:54 PM
I am planning an cobra blower upgrade and have a chance to pick up a new Diablo Predator tuner for a 2003 cobra. Question -- will it work on the Marauder with or without the blower conversion?

Do I need to convert to a Cobra ecu?

thanks

Karl

Dennis Reinhart
01-17-2010, 06:56 PM
I am planning an cobra blower upgrade and have a chance to pick up a new Diablo Predator tuner for a 2003 cobra. Question -- will it work on the Marauder with or without the blower conversion?

Do I need to convert to a Cobra ecu?

thanks

Karl

No unless you get a Marauder tune from a Diablo dealer and the tuner was returned to stock on the Cobra.

cougar9150
01-18-2010, 11:45 AM
The only Diablo Predator tuner that works out the box on the MM is Diablo P/N U7146. http://www.diablosport.com/index.php?module=htmlpages&func=display&pid=55

This can still be used after you have your blower upgrade installed, just need to bring it to a tuner and have them work their magic.

Dennis Reinhart
01-18-2010, 11:51 AM
And SCT in my opinion is far better

cougar9150
01-19-2010, 09:19 AM
It depends, Diablo is easier for the beginner to use and has a definitely more user friendly format. My only SCT experience was with an X-Cal 2 and I found while it had more items unlocked that I could adjust (this is up to the tuner who provides you the tune) the user interface left a bit to be desired with the one line of information visible due to the extremely small screen. With the Diablo I couldn't access my gear ratio to change it myself even though I was only running it with the Diablo factory tune, you can access this option with the SCT, along with several other parameters that are locked from the factory by Diablo.

The Diablo can data log without being hooked up to a laptop and you can review the data real time while on the move. It has section where you can choose what data parameters you want visible while logging. When I tried to do this on my X-Cal2 and it told me I needed a log file or something to do it and I later found out that it woudl require a laptop along w/software.

SCT in my opinion has better factory support and a better selection of supporting tuners in most areas. I also know that there are a few shops out there that you can buy the SCT tuner with a custom tune for your MM setup for under $400. Dennis is one that is highly recommended, then there is Lidio, and one or 2 others. The Diablo has to have a custom tune made for it because the base tune provided on it for the MM is crap, so you would probably have to spend another $200 anyways on top of the tuner.

If I had to choose between the 2 brands I would go with a newer SCT X-cal products just because of the lack of customer support from Diablo and the larger amount of supporting tuners available around the country.