PDA

View Full Version : Best wax for the money

bawazir
01-19-2010, 04:24 PM
Everyone knows their are a lot of wax brands on the market. I been using Black Box for quite a long time. I remember the shine I got on all my Black car's. The Black Wax 3 step Car Wax system is a good product for the price. But now I would like to try something more than better so i went out to buy the 3 step wax from Mothers and let me tell you guys something, it is one of the best product I ever used so far, but ****ing expansive almost $50 for the whole kit but the result is worth the money.
Cleaner wax $10,Clay bar spray 20, and Pure Carnauba wax 20

http://www.mercurymarauder.net/gallery/data/500/medium/IMG_4184.JPG (http://javascript<b></b>:;)
http://www.mercurymarauder.net/gallery/data/500/medium/IMG_4189.JPG (http://javascript<b></b>:;)
http://www.mercurymarauder.net/gallery/data/500/medium/IMG_4188.JPG (http://javascript<b></b>:;)

http://www.mercurymarauder.net/gallery/data/500/medium/IMG_4190.JPG (http://javascript<b></b>:;)
easy to apply and take off, and dust free. No shine like mothers :)

SC Cheesehead
01-19-2010, 04:25 PM
Zaino's good stuff too.

Blackened300a
01-19-2010, 04:31 PM
NTX tech wax 2.0 works wonders. I save the mothers stuff for my aluminum.

bawazir
01-19-2010, 04:41 PM
It's NXT, and i guss it is an okay product, but is not worth money

drj02
01-19-2010, 05:08 PM
ZAINO all the way!! Top notch stuff for all applications!!

bawazir
01-19-2010, 06:17 PM
Check it out a $10,000 wax job:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PkmZveqyU5E

DOOM
01-19-2010, 06:24 PM
I have been using mothers products for 15 years.
Love the stuff!

CBT
01-19-2010, 06:26 PM
Check it out a $10,000 wax job:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PkmZveqyU5E

Crazy looking car, I'd like to have it.

guspech750
01-19-2010, 08:07 PM
Zaino's good stuff too.

Zainos is the best. I love it. But I have been to lazy and mostly foregetful to order more.

I have gotten awesome results from the same Mothers products Bawazir posted. Its all in the clay bar in my opinion. I think thats key.

TAKEDOWN
01-19-2010, 08:09 PM
^^^ Easy for you to say, you got a DTR! ^^^

bob6364
01-19-2010, 08:22 PM
Zainos is the best. I love it. But I have been to lazy and mostly foregetful to order more.

I have gotten awesome results from the same Mothers products Bawazir posted. Its all in the clay bar in my opinion. I think thats key.

Wait!?...Sombody post products?...I thought the thread started on the post above me......

bawazir
01-19-2010, 10:25 PM
:Offtopic:

MM03MOK
01-19-2010, 11:19 PM
And you guys thought AJ was a PITA! Maybe it's time to put the keyboard down and go read a book or something, since you're certainly not adding anything valuable here.

DOOM
01-19-2010, 11:26 PM
What happened here??? :confused: :dunno:

03Farmmarauder
01-19-2010, 11:30 PM
Wash the car with Meguires 00 Wash. Dry car and use water in a bottle mixed with a little of Meg 00 Wash and use any cay bar have tried alot and see no difference between any of them. Dont waste money for the stuff in a bottle for a clay bar. after you have the car clayed wash again with Megs 00 amd dry. Start with Megs#9 swirl remover over entire car and remove next use Megs #7 show car glaze over enitre car. Then I use a product called Body Shop System PLUM CRAZY hand polish by Malco. Now use Meg #26 yellow wax cream then Meg 2.0 and your almost done. Fallow with Meg #135 Synthetic Spray detailer one panel at a time and also what I use to clean door shuts. Megs #40 vynal protector for everything plastic and door seals and Meg Gold class tire gel. Thats how I detail every car and all farm equipment!!!!! That truly is the best system

bawazir
01-19-2010, 11:48 PM
Wash the car with Meguires 00 Wash. Dry car and use water in a bottle mixed with a little of Meg 00 Wash and use any cay bar have tried alot and see no difference between any of them. Dont waste money for the stuff in a bottle for a clay bar. after you have the car clayed wash again with Megs 00 amd dry. Start with Megs#9 swirl remover over entire car and remove next use Megs #7 show car glaze over enitre car. Then I use a product called Body Shop System PLUM CRAZY hand polish by Malco. Now use Meg #26 yellow wax cream then Meg 2.0 and your almost done. Fallow with Meg #135 Synthetic Spray detailer one panel at a time and also what I use to clean door shuts. Megs #40 vynal protector for everything plastic and door seals and Meg Gold class tire gel. Thats how I detail every car and all farm equipment!!!!! That truly is the best system

Good tips!

03Farmmarauder
01-19-2010, 11:48 PM
Oh btw just from a body guy and FYI i would never use cleaner wax it has sand in it where polish has abrsives and is completly different. rubbing compounds are a thing of the past and cleaner wax is basically a mild version of that.

03Farmmarauder
01-19-2010, 11:57 PM
Oh and pic of Marauder and 87 turbo cupe from last year

bawazir
01-19-2010, 11:58 PM

Oh btw just from a body guy and FYI i would never use cleaner wax it has sand in it where polish has abrsives and is completly different. rubbing compounds are a thing of the past and cleaner wax is basically a mild version of that.

Well am using the cleaner by hand would that be safe for the paint ?

03Farmmarauder
01-19-2010, 11:59 PM
Marauder and 87 t-bird

03Farmmarauder
01-20-2010, 12:02 AM
Well am using the cleaner by hand would that be safe for the paint ?

I would stay completly away from cleaner wax as it contains sands and is used to clean the fall out and over spray away from paint and that is what the clay is doing anyways. Polish is a chemical cut that is safe and now is what body shops use.

03Farmmarauder
01-20-2010, 12:08 AM
Polishes and new compounds use a diminishing abrasives that are not sand and leave behind oils that will condition your paint where cleaner wax strips the paint of all of those oils that are left from before. Cleaner waz is harsh and can be harmful to paint and I believe they belong in the trash and if you want to see the true condition of your paint use a wax a grease remover the kind for body shops and it will show all the swirls and scratches that you are hinding with wax instead of fixing with polish then protecting with wax!!!

03Farmmarauder
01-20-2010, 12:45 AM
Btw rain x is good stuff along with stoner glass cleaner. I would never use any turtle wax ice products in my eyes they are junk and I have tested them. Also I would not use any eagle one products wit the nanno technology because I have heard that it can go through ur skin but I do not know that as fact. All carpet cleaners u buy in cans are junk use steam to clean no residue to attract dirt.

johnnyrauder
01-20-2010, 02:27 PM
zaino by far is in a class by its self

Joe Walsh
01-20-2010, 02:34 PM
And you guys thought AJ was a PITA! Maybe it's time to put the keyboard down and go read a book or something, since you're certainly not adding anything valuable here.

Awww shucks!

This world needs more levity!

MyTMerc
01-20-2010, 06:16 PM
Sorry my very slightly humorous attempt to bring the thread back on topic made me a PITA. Your sure your right, I'm not adding anything of value here. Or on the 100th favorite wax thread. So aye, aye. Keyboard is down. Have a nice day.

CBT
01-20-2010, 06:21 PM
Sorry my very slightly humorous attempt to bring the thread back on topic made me a PITA. Your sure your right, I'm not adding anything of value here. Or on the 100th favorite wax thread. So aye, aye. Keyboard is down. Have a nice day.

Nooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo o!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Phrog_gunner
01-20-2010, 06:23 PM
Nooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo o!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

No means yes, no?

bawazir
01-25-2010, 08:05 PM
Guys check out this wax: http://www.zymol.com/paint-3.aspx?page=2

darkvader1
02-19-2010, 04:02 PM
Liquid glass baby! Meguires

tallpaul
02-27-2010, 09:48 PM
I thought I paid attention to detail when I washed and waxed my MM. The job that guy on the youtube link does is incredible. Must be nice to be able to pay someone $10,000 to wash and wax your car.

rocko112869
04-04-2010, 07:45 AM
Ive tried alot of stuff on my show cars throughout the years....so far the stuff i like the best and have been hooked on for a couple of years now is Viper Speed Wax made by Ardex. Goes on and off super easy...not a quick detailer mind you (use mcguires FI34 at shows)...gotta put it on and take it off like wax but by the time you apply it to your panel its ready to come off so it goes real fast.Thin like milk so i put it in a spray bottle and squirt it on my applicator. thats my 2 cents

LeoVampire
04-04-2010, 09:45 AM

But I have to admit if I don't watch how I apply it and it gets into a spot I can not clean it out of it will leave a white residu running down the side of the car when it rains.

Needless to say it is worth picking up some low stick painters tape and cover an area where you do not want the stuff to get into first.

Just that reason alone is making me think of trying out the Turtle Wax Black box stuff for ha ha's and see the difference.

Plus any imperfections in the paint like minor cracking is highlighted with a light color polish so maybe the Black would be a good change.

BTW in those pics you can see under the spoiler on the passenger side is where the FU was carved into the trunk I tryed to hide with touch up paint that had to be fixed.

blackrauder
04-04-2010, 01:19 PM
Turtle Wax has this wax kit specificly designed for black cars, it does wonders it has two stages, it truly left my car with a wet shine leaves no white residue on the car it is great. Its $20 from autozone. The box is black Turtle Wax Black Ice, I recommend if ur MM is blk

bob6364
04-04-2010, 01:25 PM
Turtle Wax has this wax kit specificly designed for black cars, it does wonders it has two stages, it truly left my car with a wet shine leaves no white residue on the car it is great. Its $20 from autozone. The box is black Turtle Wax Black Ice, I recommend if ur MM is blk

Even if its not Black us it, you may get lucky and it will turn black....:P

justbob
04-04-2010, 01:51 PM
Black box is a POS that lasts one month. Less if you actually drive it. The local body shops around here have actually recommended the age old orange bottle Nufinish polish. I took their advice and all I can say is WOW. All wax's look good, some are more user friendly, I finally found one the lasts now. So far after a month, NO CHANGE in appearance, Car rinses back to a glimering shine, unlike all the "specialty" waxs. And when dusting her down, the scuffs do not refill with the dust like all other wax's.

blackrauder
04-04-2010, 07:15 PM
LOL and then it will be faster :burnout:

Even if its not Black us it, you may get lucky and it will turn black....:P

blackrauder
04-04-2010, 07:29 PM
Thats your opinion, I have had mine on almost a month, all I do is use my duster and its back to shining again, if bird :censor: gets on the car I use Turtle Wax Ice Spray Detailer to wipe it off didnt mess up for me, It also depends on the weather ur car is exposed too.

Black box is a POS that lasts one month. Less if you actually drive it. The local body shops around here have actually recommended the age old orange bottle Nufinish polish. I took their advice and all I can say is WOW. All wax's look good, some are more user friendly, I finally found one the lasts now. So far after a month, NO CHANGE in appearance, Car rinses back to a glimering shine, unlike all the "specialty" waxs. And when dusting her down, the scuffs do not refill with the dust like all other wax's.

boatmangc
04-05-2010, 04:50 AM
I use Zaino's over a base coat of Klasse All in One,
After multiple trips around the car with Menzerna Intensive polish and Menzerna Final Polish.
After you buy the Zaino Products you will see how cheap it is because it goes incredibly far. Waaay farther than paste wax and it leaves no white residue, I use it on my plastic, wiper arms, etc.
It got me the "Best Paint" trophy at SSHS9.
Besides their "Leather in a Bottle" is as good as it gets.

Check autopia.org for more info.

MERCMAN
04-05-2010, 05:05 AM
I tried Black Box for the first time this past weekend. I give it a 2 :up: Great stuff!! WORD OF WARNING!!! Use gloves when applying this product. The color of the wax(black) will stain your hands.(ask me how I know!)

HotRodKristina
04-06-2010, 03:43 PM
I've been meaning to try Poorboy's products, a friend of mine swears by it, and he's the most a/r detailer I've ever met.

My usual routine (which I'll do the weekend of the 17/18)

* Wash the car with original Dawn to get out all the old wax, oils, and solvents
* Clay, using a fresh bucket of water w/ a tiny bit of Dawn in it
* Wash lightly/rinse again
* Meguiar's polish
* Meguiar's Liquid Gold

I don't like goo'd up interior, so I use the old school aerosol glass cleaner on the windows, dash n door bits, and leather wipes on the seats.

She's not a show car, and the door dings and pits I see in the paint drive me nuts, but I just have to fight that lol... too many years of having show cars that got babied constantly I guess. Maybe I'll fork over some $ for a paint job once she's paid off. Or maybe just save up for a 5.4L transplant instead :D

03MERCMARAUDER
04-11-2010, 10:50 AM
Adams polishes all the way. Been using it for 10 years now and by far the best products I have used.

TooManyFords
04-11-2010, 02:57 PM
I think the best wax for the money is; whatever the guy is using while he puts it on my car!

"hey, you missed a spot over there..."

JohnPPD
04-11-2010, 03:30 PM
I have to agree with the Menzerna polishes. Klasse is an excellent sealant, but I also like the Wolfgang deep gloss sealant. For "pure" carnauba wax, I prefer the P21S 100% carnauba. Not quite as buttery as Souveran or Fuzion, but half to a third of the price. Compared to Swissvax Crystal Rock, it's a steal! LOL

babbage
04-11-2010, 06:47 PM
I've never used the expensive stuff, but have had Fantastic results with the turtle wax BLACK BOX kit. Tiny scratches and pitting disappear. It has 2 bottles of black detail spray, a black cleaner (step 1) and a black wax.

bawazir
04-18-2010, 06:12 PM
Well my 2nd car made it in to the web site
Page3 MM: http://www.turtlewaxblackbox.com/stories.aspx
page2 winter beater: http://www.turtlewaxblackbox.com/stories.aspx

and they have sent me a Shirt & Black Box Wax, :D

dmmKwRiMOCo

bawazir
04-18-2010, 06:27 PM
VERY VERY GOOD JOB CLEANING UP THIS MARAUDER, Check it out:

http://www.detailedimage.com/Ask-a-Pro/2004-mercury-marauder/

Vostok
04-18-2010, 06:42 PM
VERY VERY GOOD JOB CLEANING UP THIS MARAUDER, Check it out:

http://www.detailedimage.com/Ask-a-Pro/2004-mercury-marauder/

awesome....

bawazir
04-18-2010, 06:44 PM
it sure is

Kennyrauder
04-18-2010, 06:45 PM
Some'thin has happened to me. I used to spend a day on my car getting it real pretty. Northern Ontario kicks your car polishing butt so hard you say ..why did I do this? I am looking at at a one application deal.

bawazir
04-18-2010, 06:54 PM
Some'thin has happened to me. I used to spend a day on my car getting it real pretty. Northern Ontario kicks your car polishing butt so hard you say ..why did I do this? I am looking at at a one application deal.

Dude take it to Bob, I am guessing he is going to wet sand and buff the **** out of whole car, that what i am going to do after my gauges installed, :D

Dr Caleb
04-19-2010, 08:20 AM
I have to agree with the Menzerna polishes. Klasse is an excellent sealant, but I also like the Wolfgang deep gloss sealant. For "pure" carnauba wax, I prefer the P21S 100% carnauba. Not quite as buttery as Souveran or Fuzion, but half to a third of the price. Compared to Swissvax Crystal Rock, it's a steal! LOL

+1. I just did my car and truck over the weekend (and my arms are killing me) with the Wolfgang Fusion (truck) and Pinnacle Souvran (car). I used a Maguires fine cut scratch 2.0, Maguires glaze, then the waxes. Followed by Ice synthetic, then the Wolfgang shine enhancer. I really like the ease of these waxes, and they are very deep in the shine department.

Two black vehicles in the driveway, and everyone who passes by admires them!

tomd
06-18-2010, 12:05 PM

What the hell do you do on the 3rd day! LOL! :eek:

knine
06-18-2010, 01:36 PM
We "Mothered" my car before Kentucky, hated it. No deep shine like I get with Turtle Waxs' "Ice". Just rewaxed and detailed BLUE 2 weeks ago, now she won't come out of the garage....she wants to stay clean.

P.S., I think I just heard a bunny scream