PDA

View Full Version : Car Shows Charleston Area

Juice
01-21-2010, 01:54 PM
I've been stationed here for 9 months and I've only ever seen one small gathering of cars at the local Hooters in that time. Anyone know of any local gatherings that go on in the Charleston area? It would be nice to cruise by some of them, especially now that I have something to cruise with. :D

fastblackmerc
01-21-2010, 02:07 PM
Checkout the Carolina Marauders forum.

Juice
01-21-2010, 02:12 PM
I noticed the ones posted are all in NC. While I'd love to go to those, it's kind of a pain in the ass for me to go outside of 75 miles (I have to print up an itinerary, fill out a request chit, then get it approved). I was hoping to keep it near or in Charleston. I know that limits me quite a bit, but such is life.

Big Black Beast
01-21-2010, 02:14 PM
I never go to car shows or cruise ins.
If I want to look at Mustangs & Vettes, I'll do a google search.

Juice
01-21-2010, 02:16 PM
Sweet, have fun with that.

Hadamustang1
01-21-2010, 02:29 PM
I never go to car shows or cruise ins.
If I want to look at Mustangs & Vettes, I'll do a google search.

I think he meant, thats all you see at car shows..

SC Cheesehead
01-21-2010, 08:04 PM
I noticed the ones posted are all in NC. While I'd love to go to those, it's kind of a pain in the ass for me to go outside of 75 miles (I have to print up an itinerary, fill out a request chit, then get it approved). I was hoping to keep it near or in Charleston. I know that limits me quite a bit, but such is life.

That's too bad. There's a great show up in Wilmington, NC every October that several of us attend. It's an all-Ford show hosted by the SENC Mustang club. We've been going for the past 3-4 years and they LOVE having Marauders there.

CBT
01-21-2010, 09:11 PM
I've been stationed here for 9 months and I've only ever seen one small gathering of cars at the local Hooters in that time. Anyone know of any local gatherings that go on in the Charleston area? It would be nice to cruise by some of them, especially now that I have something to cruise with. :D

I love that town! Hey are you going surface or sub when you roll outta school?

Juice
01-22-2010, 02:26 PM
Surface, and I'm hoping for San Diego. My girlfriend is stationed in Norfolk, but from what I understand, that's the ******* of the Navy, and should be avoided. I have been enjoying the East Coast though, it's out here, except for the all the swamp ass down here in SC.

After I finish this school in May, I still have to go through 6 months of prototype training (most likely in New York), so I'll probably be moving up there some time this year.