PDA

View Full Version : Installed my JLT getting 63 MPGs !

PhastPhil
01-21-2010, 09:16 PM
Today, I installed my new JLT cold air setup that I had gotten for Christmas. This is for my 2004 CV Sport. It was spa day for my car today. I took it to my friend's auto body shop so that I could work in warmth. I changed the oil, replaced the brake pads on all four corners, and installed my new JLT. I also reconnected my Scan Guage. On the way home from the shop I made a few stops to run errands, and everything seemed normal according to the Scan Guage. Tonight, on my way to work, I travel my usual 42 mile one way trip into work and the Scan Guage is telling me that I am getting 63.2 miles per gallon, and only used .7 gallons of gas. ! :banana:

Woah ! Call Ford, tell them not to cancel the Panther platform vehicles. We've made an important discovery that will save the company !

Me and JLT are going to be world famous !

Seriously. The only thing I can think of, is that I did not disconnect the car's battery when I installed the JLT. I know that when making changes to the car that can alter the parameters of the performance, that the battery needs to be disconnected to clear out the computer and reset it. But I didn't think the cold air set up would make that much of a difference. So I guess I'll disconnect the battery when I get home from work, and see if that helps.

I did recheck all the setting on my Scan Guage because I recently had it in my wife's minivan. My Scan Guage is usually pretty accurate. All of the other settings seemed to working fine.

RR|Suki
01-21-2010, 09:31 PM
Today, I installed my new JLT cold air setup that I had gotten for Christmas. This is for my 2004 CV Sport. It was spa day for my car today. I took it to my friend's auto body shop so that I could work in warmth. I changed the oil, replaced the brake pads on all four corners, and installed my new JLT. I also reconnected my Scan Guage. On the way home from the shop I made a few stops to run errands, and everything seemed normal according to the Scan Guage. Tonight, on my way to work, I travel my usual 42 mile one way trip into work and the Scan Guage is telling me that I am getting 63.2 miles per gallon, and only used .7 gallons of gas. ! :banana:

Woah ! Call Ford, tell them not to cancel the Panther platform vehicles. We've made an important discovery that will save the company !

Me and JLT are going to be world famous !

Seriously. The only thing I can think of, is that I did not disconnect the car's battery when I installed the JLT. I know that when making changes to the car that can alter the parameters of the performance, that the battery needs to be disconnected to clear out the computer and reset it. But I didn't think the cold air set up would make that much of a difference. So I guess I'll disconnect the battery when I get home from work, and see if that helps.

I did recheck all the setting on my Scan Guage because I recently had it in my wife's minivan. My Scan Guage is usually pretty accurate. All of the other settings seemed to working fine.

All you need to do is recalibrate the scan gauge. Hit fillup or whatever that option says next time you fill up. Then after that the next time you take fuel, tell the scangauge how much and you'll be all set again.

Tucker
01-22-2010, 05:44 AM
LOL,
yea, check that scan gauge as somethings up.
Disconnecting the battery isn't needed. Your car will learn the changes you made within a few miles of driving.

Thank for the write up

Jay

Paul T. Casey
01-22-2010, 06:08 AM
I've know Mr. Tuckers product were great for years, but I guess he didn't send me this super duper unit. On a serious note, once installed and tuned, I did notice an increase in fuel mileage, but then again, I noticed an increase with every performance mod.

PhastPhil
01-22-2010, 09:12 PM
Good news. I rest my Scan Guage again and now everything seems to be back to normal. It is a bit early to tell, it looks like I have gained about 1 - 1 1/2 mpg increase. What I am very sure of, is the gain in power. The responds quicker when accelerating to enter a highway and merging into traffic. To me this is also a safety benefit. Sometimes is stop and go traffic, you need to react quickly to get out of or avoid a dangerous situation. Having a car that reacts quicker to your inputs, can make all the difference.

So far, I am very happy with my new JLT cold air intake system !

Thanks Jay !