PDA

View Full Version : Attention 2010 Carlisle attendee's!

Blackened300a
01-25-2010, 07:47 AM
I received this email this morning from Rick, the event Manager of Carlisle...

Hi Paul!

It’s time to begin looking at classes for the 2010 edition of the All-Ford Nationals.

Since you were my contact last year. I’m wondering if you are still involved with the planning?

I’m looking for the best way to break Marauders into classes. Usually the owners have good suggestions.

Please feel free to share your thoughts.

Thanks & have a great day!

See ya in June!
Rick

I was looking to just keeping it to a simple breakdown "03-04 Marauders". In just one single "stock" class. I can look into seeing if he can keep the modified cars together with us but thats never the case with the mustang guys so I dont see any chance of that with us.
Im accepting feedback from you guys til Friday, then Ill inform Rick of our choice and that will be how we will be organized for Carlisle.

Majority rules so speak up ASAP so I get this squared away.

This was my response to Rick...

Hey Rick!
Thanks for the email. I am still in charge of the planning for the Marauders to attend Carlisle. Im putting the suggestion forward to the members who are attending and Ill have a definiate answer as to how we would like our class by Friday Morning.

You have no idea how excited we are to finally be represented at this event! So far we have 25 cars already confirmed to attend. We hope to have at least 40 cars like we had last year.

Im also pushing the Pre-Registration to give you a idea of the parking spots we will need.

I have only one question, If we were broken down into Stock and Modified, Would we be all parked together or would the modified cars be located elsewhere on the field?

Thanks so much Rick!

Paul

Heres another follow up From Rick...

Hi Paul!

This is the current breakdown for Mercury Marauder classes:

1963-1970 (S/M)
2003-2004 (S/M)

It is by no means etched in granite. But numbers talk! J

If we separated stock & modified, they would be adjoining classes.

Let me know what you think.

Thanks!
Rick

DOOM
01-25-2010, 07:51 AM
I say we just keep it one class.
Nice and simple.

Paul T. Casey
01-25-2010, 07:54 AM
Too bad daily driver class wasn't an option.

O's Fan Rich
01-25-2010, 07:56 AM
Guess I'll be with CV guys .......

DOOM
01-25-2010, 07:59 AM
:flamer:

You could clone it! :D

Pops
01-25-2010, 08:00 AM

We can start own club Rich!;)

O's Fan Rich
01-25-2010, 08:01 AM
:flamer:

You could clone it! :D

And you could STFU!!!!!!:D

Joe Walsh
01-25-2010, 08:20 AM
I would vote for 2 classes IF they can keep us all in the same area.
If they want to split us up, then we should stick with just 1 class.

SMOKE
01-25-2010, 08:21 AM
I'd take up as many classes as they'd let us have...however NOT at the risk of breaking up the parking...

This would sort of keep things in the same vein as the "internal" awards.....as in the chrome & power-adder folks get
their moment to shine aside those less mechanically (or financially) inclined...

There is a pretty clear distinction between the mod's and not's in our little family so the lines drawn on what is modded
and what isn't are fairly easy...and the big bonus of putting the best modded power-adders up against the best
modded N/A's for an all out THROWDOWN for the same award!!! :duel:

However I wonder if taking up too many classes at the Carlisle level (stock and mod) are we diluting our showing within
the event as a whole? I'd say we've rep'd pretty well over the last couple years with Doomie, Paul, Mark, etc....snagging
awards....but I think there are more stockers to please with the prospect of an award and allow more potential "winners" to cycle through?

J

Pops
01-25-2010, 08:25 AM
Do I get a Vote as a non Marauder owner! You need two classes but make sure the cars are all together.

Blackened300a
01-25-2010, 08:28 AM
According to Rick, He said that the Stock/Modified class would be ajoining so I assume that would be next to each other. If thats the case then let there be 2 classes. I agree with the N/A vs S/C challenge plus that spreads the awards around for the other members. I could put a end to this and just tell him to make the 2 classes.
However, if anyone pre-registered already in the stock class with a S/C, it may throw a monkey wrench into this idea.

Who here already pre-registered??
I may have to do another thread and let the chips fall where they may. We'll have it all sorted out and perfected by 2011. I guess going from 7 cars in 2007 to 27 in 2008 to almost 40 in 2009 was a miracle in itself so whats another year? :D

Im going to send another Email to Rick to find out what he means by ajoining. Then when I get the response, Im going to delete this thread and put up the final thead explaining everything and allow everyone to adjust their registration accordingly.
Im going to push and push hard for us to all be together since we are all part of the same car club.

rayjay
01-25-2010, 08:32 AM
Do I get a Vote as a non Marauder owner! You need two classes but make sure the cars are all together.

I agree with Pops, NA and Blower/Juiced cars, but keep them all together.

SMOKE
01-25-2010, 08:32 AM
I'll venture to say that they'll still toss one or two of us into Full Size Ford Other or whatever at the registration table when you get there....that seems consistent for the last couple of years....

No matter how the chips fall we gotta make sure everyone knows what the class/code/whatever is when they go to registration and not to walk away with anything less than a seat in the Marauder class..

Best,
J

DOOM
01-25-2010, 08:38 AM
I'll venture to say that they'll still toss one or two of us into Full Size Ford Other or whatever at the registration table when you get there....that seems consistent for the last couple of years....

That's the point of us having our own judging class this year!
So this :bs: dosent happen again this year.

Blackened300a
01-25-2010, 08:38 AM

No matter how the chips fall we gotta make sure everyone knows what the class/code/whatever is when they go to registration and not to walk away with anything less than a seat in the Marauder class..

Best,
J

I just sent a email to Rick to find out what he had in mind for us as far as parking I also told him that 99% of us are all part of MM.net and we want to be parked near each other. I also told him that if he can make this happen then we want the Stock/Modified class for 03-04 Mercury Marauders.
Rick has been answering my emails within 10 minutes so I hope to have this answer soon.

Blackened300a
01-25-2010, 08:39 AM

No matter what they give us, We will still have our own in-voting.
(Only cause our trophies are better) :cool4:

DOOM
01-25-2010, 08:40 AM
Here's my next question.
How many "MODIFIED" (S/C) marauders will be there???
I mean if it's only 2 or 3 what would be the point of having a seprate class?

Blackened300a
01-25-2010, 08:43 AM
Here's my next question.
How many "MODIFIED" (S/C) marauders will be there???
I mean if it's only 2 or 3 what would be the point of having a seprate class?

It will be set in stone for future events when there will be more and more S/Ced cars. Plus we had about 5 or 6 if I remember correctly last year and more S/Ced guys each year.

DOOM
01-25-2010, 08:45 AM
Maybe we should poll to see how many "MODIFIED NON N/A" marauders are gonna be there?
Last year I think we only had 6 S/C marauders.
How many this year? Will it be enough to make up an entire class???

Blackened300a
01-25-2010, 08:54 AM
Maybe we should poll to see how many "MODIFIED NON N/A" marauders are gonna be there?
Last year I think we only had 6 S/C marauders.
How many this year? Will it be enough to make up an entire class???

There were classes with only one car in them. The Supercoupes had only 2 cars in one of their year classes.
Theres only first second and third for awards so I think we would be good to go.

DOOM
01-25-2010, 09:04 AM
Whatever works.
As long as i get to hang with my pops im happy. :D

Blackened300a
01-25-2010, 09:10 AM
OK, heres the deal.

Rick just emailed me back and said his goal is to put the 2 classes next to each other BUT, This can only be done if he has a minimum of 17 registered cars by the cut-off date of May 17th. If he don't have enough Marauders Pre-registered by that date, he will not split the class and we will all be in the Stock class parked any which way.

I plan to register today as Mercurymarauder.net as my car club and in the Stock Class.

If you have a S/C register in the Modified class with Mercury Marauder.net as your car club.

You have to pre-register, No waiting on this, if you want this done and done right, you need to pre-register ASAP!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Im going to have this closed down and another thread started with all the info PRE-REGISTER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!

DOOM
01-25-2010, 09:15 AM
Sounds good!
But pops will still have to park by the dumpsters and port a pottys. :D

Pops
01-25-2010, 09:19 AM
Only cause I have to much Bling for your eyes!:P

snookey
01-25-2010, 10:14 PM
my car has 20,000 miles on it. the car is ''stock'' My car is clean outside, inside , motor and under carriage. And i can't compete with suprecharger , chromed motors all kinds of gauges on the ''A' post. My car took first place in the year 2005. If we have one class . You won't see me there.

Blackened300a
01-26-2010, 07:04 AM
my car has 20,000 miles on it. the car is ''stock'' My car is clean outside, inside , motor and under carriage. And i can't compete with suprecharger , chromed motors all kinds of gauges on the ''A' post. My car took first place in the year 2005. If we have one class . You won't see me there.

As long as we have minimum of 17 registered cars, we will have 2 separate classes for Stock and Modified. We will be parked next to each other as well.

jonroe
01-26-2010, 07:47 AM
Paul,

You can count another confirmed registrant. I'm number 1121 - registered today and will be there for one day (Sat first choice, Sun if bad weather).

Jon
Herndon, VA

DOOM
01-26-2010, 09:01 AM
And i can't compete with suprecharger , chromed motors all kinds of gauges on the ''A' post. If we have one class . You won't see me there.

Must be talkin about pops. :rolleyes:

SMOKE
01-26-2010, 10:32 AM

As I listed in my post....

"...go to registration and not to walk away with anything less than a seat in the Marauder class.."

Almost more of a reminder to myself because no matter how lined up the ducks are the folks eating cardboard
pizza in the rain under those registration tents don't really care for clerical accuracy....if the groundwork for our
class gets laid properly it will still be incumbent upon ourselves to make sure we get in the right class at the table...

Best,
Jonathan

SMOKE
01-26-2010, 10:37 AM
If we have one class . You won't see me there.

The weekend is about much more than Carlisle trophies. We have our own, plus the entire weekend to hang out, show and shine, walk around, bake in the sun, drink water in the shade of the tent, chamois in the mist first thing in the morning, get a big dinner going together...and on and on and on....

Don't let trophies (or lack therof) keep you from an amazing time....but I don't think you need to be reminded if you've been going since '05 (or earlier) :D

We need ya there!

Best,

DOOM
01-26-2010, 10:52 AM
The weekend is about much more than Carlisle trophies. We have our own, plus the entire weekend to hang out, show and shine, walk around, bake in the sun, drink water in the shade of the tent, chamois in the mist first thing in the morning, get a big dinner going together...and on and on and on....

Don't let trophies (or lack therof) keep you from an amazing time....but I don't think you need to be reminded if you've been going since '05 (or earlier) :D

We need ya there!

Best,

Well said smokey.
The best part of this trip is hanging out with friends making a few new ones and seeing lots of great fords! :banana2:
MM.NET does a whole lot of great things for us here, and one of the reasons why i love the site so much.
Its definitely more than just trophies. :trophy: :trophy1:

LeoVampire
01-27-2010, 02:39 PM
Have to wait for the disability check to come in.

So I will post the registry number on the other thread as soon as it is a done deal.

True to his word the guy I mentioned that goes to the Ford Carlisle event with his friends he already made the reservations at a place for all of us so I can go I just had to take car of the registration for the event.

He has been keeping me busy with work on all his cars and so much more. Man he has a lot of vehicles.
1936 Caddy Convertable flat head 8, 1938 Caddy Hard top flat head 8, 1983 Mercedes 380 SEL SOHC head v8 hard top / convertable, 2007 Ford Kenny Bell GT Mustang, 2006 Acura and his wife's 2004 BMW.

I have been buying the stuff I want to put on my Maruader with the money I am making working on his car's. I am glad the event is in June so I can get it done before then. Can't work on her during the winter.

Blackened300a
01-27-2010, 02:44 PM
I hope you can attend, Im very interested in seeing your gold engine.

LeoVampire
01-27-2010, 02:54 PM
I hope you can attend, Im very interested in seeing your gold engine.

I will be there but it won't be just the engine. I am also doing the brakes in silver and gold so that aproaching the open hood car you can see the same effect behind the wheels as under the hood.

Same gold done on the calipers with Silver Rotors. Should be a nice matching effect that goes well together.

But thanks Blackened300a for wanting to see my baby. :beer:

FastMerc
01-27-2010, 07:22 PM
Over the years that I have been involved in the classic car and modern car hobby,I have set up shows and promoted shows as well as judged shows.I can tell you this A car that is STOCK is as it is when it came from the factory thats that! Now modified is a whole new ball game my car is modified as is Pauls,But Doom is in a power adder modified catagory.So in actuality there are 3 catagories.Thank God we dont have any PRO street guys near us,thats a whole other ball game lol. We all like our cars and what we do to them and we enjoy the show part and yes we like to think we have a winner,and on the same note I like to have fun with others and enjoy the show at the same time.Just wanted to shed some light here,maybe just somthing to think about. :)

Blackened300a
01-27-2010, 08:01 PM
Over the years that I have been involved in the classic car and modern car hobby,I have set up shows and promoted shows as well as judged shows.I can tell you this A car that is STOCK is as it is when it came from the factory thats that! Now modified is a whole new ball game my car is modified as is Pauls,But Doom is in a power adder modified catagory.So in actuality there are 3 catagories.Thank God we dont have any PRO street guys near us,thats a whole other ball game lol. We all like our cars and what we do to them and we enjoy the show part and yes we like to think we have a winner,and on the same note I like to have fun with others and enjoy the show at the same time.Just wanted to shed some light here,maybe just somthing to think about. :)

When I think modified, I think power adder that can be seen from a mile away. Added bling, Simple bolt-ons but staying N/A, I would consider to be stock. All in all, These cars in bone stock form aren't too impressive to look at under the hood.

DOOM
01-27-2010, 09:14 PM
Lots of car shows I have gone to (god knows I have been to many :D) say up to 3 bolt ons are still considered stock. (including blowers)

I will enter modified this year though. Makes no diffrence to me.
Since when did car shows get so confusing? :confused:

Blackened300a
01-27-2010, 09:34 PM
Lots of car shows I have gone to (god knows I have been to many :D) say up to 3 bolt ons are still considered stock. (including blowers)

I will enter modified this year though. Makes no diffrence to me.
Since when did car shows get so confusing? :confused:

Its nature, someone walks by and sees a stock Marauder they will keep walking, if they see a Supercharged Marauder, they will stop and admire it.
Its just fair to spread the awards around, plus with the 2 groups, we can now walk away with a lot more trophies. We will no longer compete with a whole laundry list of cars. Now we will be noticed by all of Carlisle.

DOOM
01-27-2010, 09:40 PM
Paul don't get me wrong I'm not arguing. I'm just trying to understand.
But the classes are stock and modified not N/A and S/C
if I had a N/A marauder with headers intake gears and wilwoods is that not MODIFIED???

Blackened300a
01-27-2010, 09:47 PM
Paul don't get me wrong I'm not arguing. I'm just trying to understand.
But the classes are stock and modified not N/A and S/C
if I had a N/A marauder with headers intake gears and wilwoods is that not MODIFIED???

I agree that its modified, but not according to the rules that I been following with my local car shows. Rims, paint, non factory power adder, body kits, and body modification is considered modified.
Performance upgrades like exhaust, intakes, pulleys, brakes, etc would still fall under the "Stock" class.

DOOM
01-27-2010, 09:59 PM
I agree with you Paul. And all I'm saying is at car shows I have attended blowers are called bolt ons and put you in "STOCK" class.

Even though you are N/A I personally consider your car MODIFIED (and fast as hell) :burnout:
I'll give you another example. Cntrlraven is N/A but has lots of mods. But at a car show it would be in "STOCK" class. But to me it's MODIFIED.

Mr. Man
01-27-2010, 10:17 PM
VWD as your car is PINK that makes your putt-putt mobile MODIFIED regardless of your other bolt-ons :D :lol:

DOOM
01-27-2010, 11:01 PM
VWD as your car is PINK that makes your putt-putt mobile MODIFIED regardless of your other bolt-ons :D :lol:

Thank you for adding something constructive. :shake:

Mr. Man
01-27-2010, 11:17 PM
Thank you for adding something constructive. :shake:

Ok then Mr. poo-poo face, What kind of cookies do we want Ms.D to bring?:banana:

Blackened300a
01-27-2010, 11:25 PM
I agree with you Paul. And all I'm saying is at car shows I have attended blowers are called bolt ons and put you in "STOCK" class.

Even though you are N/A I personally consider your car MODIFIED (and fast as hell) :burnout:
I'll give you another example. Cntrlraven is N/A but has lots of mods. But at a car show it would be in "STOCK" class. But to me it's MODIFIED.

The only thing that can seperate my Marauder from yours is what we have under the hood, thats the point of why a S/C car will be in a "Modified" class and a N/A in the Stock class.
The rules say 3 or more additions to your car would make your car "modified" If we went by those rules then any Marauder that rolled in with a K&N filter, Pro-guard, and tinted windows would be thrown into the Modified class along side guys with superchargers and custom paint jobs. I agree 100% that my car is Modified. Chris's car is Modified but since we only have 2 classes and nobody went extreme with paint and body modifications, (Human size skull exhaust tips are on the border :D) I figured it was fair to divide us the way we divide each other on the site. There are us N/A guys and there are the S/C guys. Since we are all going to be parked together its not going to make that much of a difference except there will be 7 or 8 (Depending on how many celebrity picks) Marauders rolling across in the parade come Sunday afternoon. Thats why Im pushing for this Pre-Registration. We get 17 cars registered by May 17th, We get 2 Classes and it will be a long line of Marauders being awarded trophies. This is big for us and for the car that brings us together on this forum everyday. Its my passion that makes me want this.

SMOKE
01-28-2010, 07:17 AM
I think we all get it....sort of subjective when it comes to our cars....I think the obvious lines of stock V mod is the blower V non-blower aspect....theres our tipping point that probably works best...

I was thinking we should follow the "up to 3 mods" rule as that looks like a standard Carlisle practice but it just doesn't feel as right for us.

Plus...we're getting some years on us now...but I'd say were still a tick too recent to embrace a gilded/stock/virginal Marauder (except for that Blue that popped up a while ago that had no miles on it and all the undercarriage shots in the classified ad)...THAT was a stock car....:D

Best,
J

RocsMerc
01-28-2010, 11:28 AM
Hi Paul!

It’s time to begin looking at classes for the 2010 edition of the All-Ford Nationals.

Since you were my contact last year. I’m wondering if you are still involved with the planning?

I’m looking for the best way to break Marauders into classes. Usually the owners have good suggestions.

Please feel free to share your thoughts.

Thanks & have a great day!

See ya in June!
Rick
If I'm understanding this email correctly, I think he's asking us what categories we should be divided into. If that's the case, then we should just tell him we're splitting Supercharged vs. N/A. Then our classes might actually be called 03-04 Marauder N/A, 03-04 Marauder S/C. Then no one will be able to complain about being modified in a stock class or whatever.

Blackened300a
01-28-2010, 01:25 PM
If I'm understanding this email correctly, I think he's asking us what categories we should be divided into. If that's the case, then we should just tell him we're splitting Supercharged vs. N/A. Then our classes might actually be called 03-04 Marauder N/A, 03-04 Marauder S/C. Then no one will be able to complain about being modified in a stock class or whatever.

Friday Ill throw that idea past Rick, If he agrees then thats how we'll do it. However I think Rick was asking more about if we will all be in one big class or we do the stock modified for 2 classes. Dont foget the classic Marauders. He even mulled the idea of throwing them in with us which Im against. Let the classics have their own class.

Bluerauder
01-28-2010, 01:48 PM
Let the classics have their own class.
Agree with ^^^^^. The older Marauders definitely should be in their own class.

SMOKE
01-28-2010, 03:17 PM
Agree with ^^^^^. The older Marauders definitely should be in their own class.

x2 (or is this up to 3 now....)

Best,
J

Ms. Denmark
01-28-2010, 04:02 PM
... then we should just tell him we're splitting Supercharged vs. N/A. Then our classes might actually be called 03-04 Marauder N/A, 03-04 Marauder S/C. Makes sense to me..... plus a separate class for the Oldies but Goodies.:)

Red91LX
01-28-2010, 05:06 PM
Finally having a pure 03-04 Marauder class at Carlisle is a big deal. I still remember when a prototype Marauder debuted at Carlisle as a feature car inside Building T...

I don't want to open a big can of worms, but if the only criteria for the stock vs modified 03-04 Marauder class is either N/A or S/C, it means little to me. With the hoods down, there will be no visual or obvious differences to the untrained/casual eye. I agree that the S/C is a serious modification vs something like custom billet wheels, polished intakes (and other engine parts), tinted glass, an aftermarket stereo system, headers, custom exhaust system, front spoilers, etc. all of which technically make a car modified in most typical shows.

The Carlisle people don't really care when you register your car what class you enter. They don't inspect your car or verify what you have. It's more about your peers. If they object because they feel your car has been modified and is entered as stock, then the arguments and whining begin. The voting at Carlisle usually amounts to a brief and casual look over by those who are "neighbors" on our showfield, and probably a good percentage don't turn in a balot anyway. Of course, the Marauder group will spend lots of time looking at all the Marauders before they vote for their favorite in the class...

I presume the MM group also has it's own set of awards, making the case more interesting. We have more say about whether a car is "modified" or not. Just having a supercharger makes for a single modification, and would probably pass as stock in almost any car show I've ever been to that adheres to the "3 or more rule".

Can't wait for the show regardless. I don't care about trophies or awards anymore. My car is is daily driven, parked outside, and is as clean and detailed as most MM's that are not driven out of the garage except on sunny days. There are numerous paint scars the the previous owner acquired throughout the majority of the car's time. I've had the car since May 09. I might have these fixed someday, but I have to say at this point, it won't bother me if they never get repaired.

n3fvg
01-28-2010, 05:10 PM
What class would my 2010 Dodge Charger Hemi Police Car be in?????
As long as I am next to Doom, I'll be happy!:banana::banana::banana: :banana::banana:

Red91LX
01-28-2010, 05:39 PM
What class would my 2010 Dodge Charger Hemi Police Car be in?????

Here ya go...http://www.carsatcarlisle.com/ce/pdf/2010_All_Chrysler_Classes.pdf :banana::banana::banana::banan a:

FastMerc
01-28-2010, 07:14 PM
When I think modified, I think power adder that can be seen from a mile away. Added bling, Simple bolt-ons but staying N/A, I would consider to be stock. All in all, These cars in bone stock form aren't too impressive to look at under the hood. I dont mean to stir the bees I just spoke of past experience that I have had. I agree with you guys on much of the discussion...