PDA

View Full Version : Throttle Body Spacers

yryr999
01-31-2010, 05:29 PM
Good Morning every one

I want ask you guys about Throttle Body Spacers

what he do becouse i read in the web site give me up to 22HP

Features

The Street & Performance Helix Power Tower PLUS Throttle Body Spacer represents fresh spacer design
Designed to create forceful turbulence that burns more efficiently
Tested on Street & Performance’s SuperFlow air bench and DynoJet
Delivers up to 22 HP and 25 ft. lbs. of torque
Can boost gas mileage up to 4 MPG
T-6061 aluminum crafting
Easy bolt-on installation in approximately 45 minutes
Quiet operation
50-state street legal (CARB #D516-2)
becouse i want install in my vicky 2007

did any one try that ???

thanks

skyhigh
01-31-2010, 05:31 PM
me too.how much is that?

a_d_a_m
01-31-2010, 05:39 PM
I highly doubt a TB spacer is going to give you 22hp and 4mpg.

SC Cheesehead
01-31-2010, 05:52 PM
Good Morning every one

I want ask you guys about Throttle Body Spacers

what he do becouse i read in the web site give me up to 22HP

Features

The Street & Performance Helix Power Tower PLUS Throttle Body Spacer represents fresh spacer design
Designed to create forceful turbulence that burns more efficiently
Tested on Street & Performance’s SuperFlow air bench and DynoJet
Delivers up to 22 HP and 25 ft. lbs. of torque
Can boost gas mileage up to 4 MPG
T-6061 aluminum crafting
Easy bolt-on installation in approximately 45 minutes
Quiet operation
50-state street legal (CARB #D516-2)
becouse i want install in my vicky 2007

did any one try that ???

thanks

1. Who's selling this? Is it from one of our MM.net vendors?

2. Do you have a link to the website claiming this?

3. "what he do becouse i read in the web site give me up to 22HP."

There's an old saying that goes, "Don't believe half of what you read and none of what you hear." IMO, if that Throttle Body Spacer gives that type of HP increase, we'd all be running them. ;)

yryr999
01-31-2010, 05:59 PM
http://www.autoanything.com/air-intakes/61A4397A0A0A2644550.aspx

CBT
01-31-2010, 06:02 PM
http://www.autoanything.com/air-intakes/61a4397a0a0a2644550.aspx

SC Cheesehead
01-31-2010, 06:02 PM
http://www.autoanything.com/air-intakes/61A4397A0A0A2644550.aspx

Product reviews are postive, maybe it works. If you go ahead and install one, let us know how it works out for you.

CBT
01-31-2010, 06:03 PM
product reviews are postive, maybe it works. If you go ahead and install one, let us know how it works out for you.

yryr999
01-31-2010, 06:08 PM
ok
i will order and install and see what do to the car

thanks all of you

guspech750
01-31-2010, 06:09 PM
Thats exactly how I feel about me too. I wale!!!

CBT
01-31-2010, 06:29 PM
Thats exactly how I feel about me too. I wale!!!
Much like you.....

RR|Suki
01-31-2010, 06:34 PM
ok
i will order and install and see what do to the car

thanks all of you

If you have a marauder that won't even fit on the throttle body.

Mr. Man
01-31-2010, 07:43 PM
I be surprised if you got anything more than an annoying whistle out of it.

fastblackmerc
01-31-2010, 08:06 PM
If it worked don't you think Ford would have them as standard equipment?

Waste your money and tell us how it works for you.

Glenn
02-01-2010, 08:28 AM
TBSs DON'T work - period!

Glenn Ford

dakslim
02-01-2010, 08:47 AM
If it worked don't you think Ford would have them as standard equipment?

Waste your money and tell us how it works for you.

I don't know about that, Jim. I was having shifting issues with my new Marauder:( and the Ford dealership had no clue as to the problem.:confused: Had to come to this forum to find out about the Xcal 2. Voila, shifting problems solved.:D The dealership also rotated my tires front to back the first time in...but that's another story.:eek:

dakslim
02-01-2010, 08:48 AM
I don't know about that, Jim. I was having shifting issues with my new Marauder:( and the Ford dealership had no clue as to the problem.:confused: Had to come to this forum to find out about the Xcal 2. Voila, shifting problems solved.:D The dealership also rotated my tires front to back the first time in...but that's another story.:eek:

I doubt they work either.

Paul T. Casey
02-01-2010, 09:07 AM
I have one, got it the same time as the intake spacer. I personally don't think there was any gain from the TBS. It also gives the tuner fits. It looks pretty cool though.

fastblackmerc
02-01-2010, 09:17 AM

We are talking about the intake spacer here.......

My point is if the factory could get more mileage, HP & torque with a cheap mod, don't you think would do that or redesign the intake / throttle body?

Glad you got your shifting issues solved. As for the tire rotation that is a common mistake as there are not too many cars out there with staggered tires like ours.......

RacerX
02-01-2010, 10:43 AM
Gawd I wish I could sell blocks of aluminum for $100 bucks a whack to suckers! I'd be a millionaire!!! Maybe aluminum doorstops that improve aerodynamic efficiency when walking through a doorway allowing people to walk faster??? Yeah! That sounds good!!! :D

LSp8
02-01-2010, 11:26 AM

I think the big tyres iz supposed to mount on da front :lol:

Any Technician that does this should be fired or retrained. Not many cars are staggered but when it comes to Corvettes, BMW's, Certain Mustangs and other Muscle/Sports/Exotics alike people should pay more attention. I worked at a Ford dealer and we had a 03 MM trade-in come through. I was the only one who spotted that screw up and I made the honorary correction myself even though I was only a detailer. I seen people screw up Directional tires too by rotating them into the wrong positions.

As for Throttlebody spacers I read lots of positive postings on crownvic.net since they are meant for the 2V engines, they are not made for the 4V's.

Paul T. Casey
02-01-2010, 11:29 AM
Gawd I wish I could sell blocks of aluminum for $100 bucks a whack to suckers! I'd be a millionaire!!! Maybe aluminum doorstops that improve aerodynamic efficiency when walking through a doorway allowing people to walk faster??? Yeah! That sounds good!!! :D

Hey easy there. Mine are made out of pheonollic. The name alone is worth an extra $15.

Mr. Man
02-01-2010, 11:31 AM
Hey easy there. Mine are made out of pheonollic. The name alone is worth an extra $15.

I make my own out of old dryer switches:D

BobC
02-01-2010, 11:31 AM
We are talking about the intake spacer here.......

My point is if the factory could get more mileage, HP & torque with a cheap mod, don't you think would do that or redesign the intake / throttle body?

Glad you got your shifting issues solved. As for the tire rotation that is a common mistake as there are not too many cars out there with staggered tires like ours.......

Not if the factory had to spend $.84 more per unit. :lol:

musclemerc
02-01-2010, 12:05 PM
Hey easy there. Mine are made out of phenolic. The name alone is worth an extra $15.

I fixed it for you.

Paul T. Casey
02-01-2010, 12:15 PM
I fixed it for you.
Thanks, didn't look right to me when I typed it.

gdmjoe
02-01-2010, 05:58 PM
The key words in the performance claim(s) ... up to. *The CYA caveat.

Which usually means .... Don't bet/count on of obtaining those gains on your particular vehicle.

Throttle body and/or intake spacers can be used to move the peak HP and/or torque to a different RPM range. Theoretically by artificially changing the intake runner length.

But as for the helix, spiral effect .... http://www.gdmjoe.com/2thumbsdown.gif