PDA

View Full Version : Kit News & updates

Logan
11-06-2003, 06:06 PM
Those looking for a true do-it-yourself type kit should be pleased to hear this.

I spoke with Nick today and he updated me on the kit progress. They're just finishing up the jig and getting ready to test fit everything on a car.

The kit includes EVERYTHING required from stem to stern to do the job in your garage. Clamps, gaskets, bolts, cats, bungs pre-welded on, etc etc. For the record, the secondary O2 sensor bungs are pre-welded to the pipe leading into the X Pipe. No O2 extension wires or MIL eliminators are required.

The kit will be available in two flavors, Stock muffler use, and aftermarket muffler use. The difference is if you want a quieter system, you'll have the option of hooking directly up to your stock mufflers. They'll bull nose the pipe down from 2.5" to the 2" inlet on the stock muffler if you like and supply clamps to make the attachment.

Alternatively, you can have it straight 2.5" pipe to clamp onto Magnaflow 18's, which are a direct high performance replacement for the stock mufflers.

The kit is going to be VERY cool. Kook's promises to send me pictures up as soon as they're available.

DONP1217
11-06-2003, 06:28 PM
Thanks for the info Logan. I just ordered my kit this morning. I can't wait to get it on the car.

Logan
11-06-2003, 07:01 PM
I should include a note... It's doesn't include everything, you supply the blood, sweat and tools. :)

Bigdogjim
11-06-2003, 07:37 PM
You know theirs always a catch! (lol)

schuvwj
11-06-2003, 08:14 PM
Originally posted by Logan
Those looking for a true do-it-yourself type kit should be pleased to hear this.

I spoke with Nick today and he updated me on the kit progress. They're just finishing up the jig and getting ready to test fit everything on a car.

The kit includes EVERYTHING required from stem to stern to do the job in your garage. Clamps, gaskets, bolts, cats, bungs pre-welded on, etc etc. For the record, the secondary O2 sensor bungs are pre-welded to the pipe leading into the X Pipe. No O2 extension wires or MIL eliminators are required.

The kit will be available in two flavors, Stock muffler use, and aftermarket muffler use. The difference is if you want a quieter system, you'll have the option of hooking directly up to your stock mufflers. They'll bull nose the pipe down from 2.5" to the 2" inlet on the stock muffler if you like and supply clamps to make the attachment.

Alternatively, you can have it straight 2.5" pipe to clamp onto Magnaflow 18's, which are a direct high performance replacement for the stock mufflers.

The kit is going to be VERY cool. Kook's promises to send me pictures up as soon as they're available.

Logan I already have headers, easy cats, and x-pipe from Dennis. Can I just buy the 2.5" pipes, mufflers, and tips from Nick?

Logan
11-06-2003, 08:31 PM
No. The Kook's header are mid-length, Dennis's are SVO Shorties. The kook's piping won't match up to the shorties at all.

The kook's kit is specifically designed for a kook's header installation with their X pipe and Magnaflow exhaust.

Logan
11-07-2003, 07:46 PM
Pics! Pics! Pics of the finished kits!!!

Click HERE (http://www.mercurygallery.net/mmnet/showgallery.php?cat=513) for all the pics of the kit.

http://www.mercurygallery.net/mmnet/watermark.php?file=513/1Marauder_Exhaust_0017-med.jpg
http://www.mercurygallery.net/mmnet/watermark.php?file=513/1Marauder_Exhaust_0014-med.jpg

Now all you "bolt-it-on-in-my-garage" type-o-guys have no excuses!

jgc61sr2002
11-07-2003, 09:17 PM
Logan - That exhaust system looks fantastic.:coolman: :up:

Mongoose
11-07-2003, 10:44 PM
<B>SWEEEEET!!!</b>

The kit includes EVERYTHING

Does kit for 2.5" pipe have an option to include the Magnaflow 18's and/or the KOOK'S headers?
Installation instructions included? I seem to recall a previous thread that spelled out necessary steps for header installation.
Price?
Shipping?

BillyGman
11-08-2003, 12:08 AM
pics Logan. I have a question:
what about attaching the mufflers to the new muffler pipes, and to the stock tailpipes? Will that be accomplished w/four "U-clamps"??? And will the "U-clamps" be supplied in the kit for those of us who choose to purchase the Magnaflow mufflers from Kook's also? Perhaps this is a question that I should reserve for Nick at Kook's.

Agent M79
11-08-2003, 12:17 AM
What does the "X" pipe accomplish?

BillyGman
11-08-2003, 12:23 AM
offers a greater HP increase over that of any H-pipe. I say "allegedly" because I've never installed an X-pipe on any one of my cars, however there are many different sources of info that I've obtained that ALL make this same claim about the X-pipe.

Logan
11-08-2003, 06:20 AM
Yes, the kit includes is customized to what you want to do. If you want to hook it to your factory mufflers, they'll bullnose the 2.5" pipe down to the 2" pipe inlet and include appropriate clamps to make the attachment.

If you want the 18" magaflows, they'll certainly include them (I recommend them) along with appropriate clamps.

I'm not sure of the pricing on the pricing for this portion of the kit but will find out and update the price thread.

MMdriver03
11-08-2003, 08:30 AM
:bows: :bows: :bows:

CRUZTAKER
11-08-2003, 04:38 PM
Geez Logan...nice sales pitch and Q&A. :P

Well I'm doing this one! Talked to Nick today. When all this travelin' is done, I got some REAL work to do. :up: