PDA

View Full Version : Loud Marauder in CT?

InSaiyan
11-07-2003, 03:49 AM
A few days ago I saw a (black) Marauder in Bristol, CT. It was at an intersection on Jarome Ave. At first I was thinkin sweeeeeet, then it pulled off and it was pretty friggin loud, at that point I was almost drooling.
Anyway, from the sound that made, I'm assuming its not stock, so I figured the owner has a better chance of posting here if he/she is into mods. Just wondering if this could've been any of you.

Steve

martyo
11-07-2003, 04:41 AM
Steve: He is a member here. His car is mostly stock, he is just running open pipes (no mufflers after the cats). Yeah, that car is LOUD alright!

InSaiyan
11-07-2003, 09:47 AM
Loud? I dont think that quite describes it :D
Thats what made me want a Marauder, well, again actually. I got caught up in the sporty 2 door image and almost forgot that big and fast is cool.
I got a bunch of stuff from Mercury before the car came out.. again. Ads like "think of it as a 300 horsepower black leather jacket," and "we here it cant be picked up by radar, maybe its the paint," made me want it more. Then I watched the dvd again and decided I "need" to own a '64 someday.
I'll be starting work at a local Ford dealer on Monday, anybody know if a Ford dealer can order Merc's? If they can, after I've worked there a while and saved all the money I can, I'll see what kind of deal I could get on an '04.

carfixer
11-08-2003, 03:22 PM
InSayian, working for a Ford dealer will get you "D" plan on any Ford L/M vehicle. It'll get you $4 grand right off the top of a Marauder and then subtract rebates. Start savin' up!!!!!!!

InSaiyan
11-09-2003, 09:37 AM
:D Ohh, I'm saving, well, not yet, but after I actually start working (Monday @ 8:00 a.m.).
So, black, or blue? I think they come in blue :confused: Actually its not really a question for me, black just seems right. Though I'll probably get blue (if they actually make blue ones and it wasnt my imagination) just to be a little different.

jgc61sr2002
11-09-2003, 04:50 PM
InSaiyan - God luck with your new position.:up:

InSaiyan
11-09-2003, 09:56 PM

Well I checked the Merc website, black, silver, or red. Could've sworn I've seen a blue one somewhere. Oh well, it'll be black. I like the "stealth" image of the car. Silver and red could be seen at night. Black blends in (duh). I want to know that if I park where theres no lights, people cant see the car, or not easily anyway. Not that I would, but just to know I could.
The MM has that, its midnight but I'm still wearing sunglasses, look. Even if I dont know why.

TripleTransAm
11-09-2003, 10:46 PM
Originally posted by InSaiyan
The MM has that, its midnight but I'm still wearing sunglasses, look.

Been there, done that... but can't do it anymore since I got the tint job done. :P Oh well...