PDA

View Full Version : Interesting question regarding Marauder "OEM" Supercharger...

biodole
02-09-2010, 12:45 PM
From what I understand - ford's original intention was to use the 2003 mustag SVT Cobra setup for the marauder (4.6L supercharged @ 390HP+) - then some "brilliant" mind decided that the standard motor without a supercharger would be just "fine."

However, anyway, I realize that the Eaton M-112 for use with the marauder engine is actually inverted compared to the one used in the Mustang Cobra in 2003. However, they obviously made one for use with the Convertible Concept Marauder. That's when i started digging.

According to a few former panther plant employees, ford had quite a few of the "inverted" eaton-m112 superchargers for use with the marauder - but never added them or offered them as an option.

My proposed question here is -

What happened to all of those OEM superchargers?

Did they melt them down? Scrap them? Eat them as a small snack?

Seriously what happened to all of them?

There might be a warehouse somewhere in Canada stocked full superchargers with nobody to give them a good home! =(

any insight would be fantastic. :D

edit:::

Also I know about all the OTHER superchargers including the trilogy eaton m-112...I'm just fantasizing about an OEM part that we could get on the cheap

ImpalaSlayer
02-09-2010, 02:26 PM
step one: log on svtp

step two: buy one of the 44 cobra blowers forsale

step three: be happy you have an oem SC

djv5150
02-09-2010, 02:38 PM
The Convertible Concept was a 2 valve motor with a Rousch mustang supercharger and throttle body and pully brackets

Oh ya Buy a Trilogy if you want the intake on the drivers side

biodole
02-09-2010, 06:09 PM
The Convertible Concept was a 2 valve motor with a Rousch mustang supercharger and throttle body and pully brackets

Oh ya Buy a Trilogy if you want the intake on the drivers side

hmmm...so all of those chargers they have are for the 2V motor? well maybe that's why they're all sitting at a warehouse somewhere....damn...and to think I was hoping that we could all get a little something for nothing :beer:

thanks for the enlightenment.

SpartaPerformance
02-09-2010, 06:51 PM
Those chargers are most likely destroyed. Anytime you have a specialty part or even a whole car that is not approved for sale or to be equipped on a vehicle they just destroy them.

biodole
02-11-2010, 09:52 AM
Those chargers are most likely destroyed. Anytime you have a specialty part or even a whole car that is not approved for sale or to be equipped on a vehicle they just destroy them.

what a shame