PDA

View Full Version : Tomorrow it is official

LeoVampire
02-15-2010, 01:01 PM
My Marauder will be paid off tomarrow 02/16/2010 and Ford sending me the title. Due to the holiday it couldn't be done any sooner.

Put my tax returns into it to finish her off other wise it wouldn't have happend till August. Still only 40,156 miles on the OD.

Now already looking into an other new car for my normal everyday driving.
Looks like it will be a 2010 Mercury Milan I-4 with the Sun and Sync package. 18763 18764 The only dif from these pictures is it will not be a hybrid.

31 mpg on the highway 22 mpg in the city 6 speed tranny 16" aluminum wheels power moon roof sync/mp3 6disk cd changer power everything wheel tire pressure sensors, spolier and more.

Metalic Atlantis green with the Camel interior

I am doing this because I go all winter long without a car stuck at home and nothing to use in the good months but the Marauder.

Test drove it and I have to admit I was impressed even though it was a 4 cyl front wheel drive car.

Still in the works but it looks like my Dealer will be able to get it for me for the money I can afford in payments. Unfortunatly with the cash I put in the Marauder every year I had **** for a down payment so if they can swing it I consider them the same god's that made the Marauder happen for me.

So wish me luck guys!

TAKEDOWN
02-15-2010, 01:25 PM
Congrats, wi$h I knew the feeling, but I'm around the corner!

LeoVampire
02-15-2010, 01:32 PM
Congrats, wi$h I knew the feeling, but I'm around the corner!

Once I get the Title in my hands then I will be celibrating for sure!

But just knowing she is mine and no longer have to worry about it is a big plus. She make's the 4th Ford product I have paid for through Ford over the years.

1985 Ford LTD was the first
1993 Mercury Grand Marquies LS
1999 Ford Ranger 4x4 XLT
2004 Mercury Marauder now

I have had other cars over the years before but they were all bought with cash.

Big Black Beast
02-15-2010, 02:17 PM
Woo hoo! Another one paid for. Congrats!

CBT
02-15-2010, 02:26 PM
Far out, and good luck with getting the new ride:beer:

ImpalaSlayer
02-15-2010, 03:11 PM
nice man, ive been upping my payments to try and get it done quicker. cant wait to own it.

LeoVampire
02-15-2010, 03:16 PM
Far out, and good luck with getting the new ride:beer:

I will be looking @ higher payments than I was doing on the Marauder.

I had $320.00 a month on the Marauder but will be looking at $424.00 a month with the Milan.

I think I might end up waiting and see about saving more cash for the down payment. It would make things too tight for me with the $100.00 difference seeing I wil also be paying $100.00 more a month in April to the landlord for the garage use year round once the guy has his cars out that is in there now. Plus the extra insurance I have to pay.

So I might be out of luck for the other new car for @ least another 6 months. Might have to wait for my B-Day like I did with the Marauder 6 years ago.

GOD I miss working and being able to come up with money faster! Retirment SUCKS!

:depress:

SMOKE
02-15-2010, 03:41 PM
Congrats!

Best,
Jonathan

tbone
02-15-2010, 03:48 PM
Did you look at the new Taurus?

CBT
02-15-2010, 04:08 PM
Mine was 401.00, and I don't want to do it again for a couple years, lol.

I will be looking @ higher payments than I was doing on the Marauder.
I had $320.00 a month on the Marauder but will be looking at $424.00 a month with the Milan.

Phrog_gunner
02-15-2010, 04:15 PM

Mine was $15,100.

LeoVampire
02-15-2010, 04:18 PM

That is the only reason why my payments were so low. Between that and what they took off the price of her plus having the 6 year loan. I had been saving for a New Mustang when I found out about the Marauder.

I would have had $8,000.00 to put down on the new car but instead did the upgrades to the Marauder each year vs the savings. If all goes well by August I should have about $5,000.00 to put down on the Milan in total which will put me back in the Mid $300.00 a month range.

Just have to stay staus quo in the sitting at home deal until the better weather is around again and I get the new mod's on her that I already basicly have sitting in the house.

I would have been fine if the person I co-signed for on a new car hadn't defaulted on it and got it reposesd. That is what killed me as far as credit and the interest rate I could get. Dispite never missing a payment on the Marauder and never being late that little repo did me in.

LeoVampire
02-16-2010, 08:59 AM
He said, I will keep my ears open for you Dave and also look into trying to get you into a better tear rating for the interest.".

Now if that isn't a good dealer and salesman I don't know what is?! :D

In the mean time I told him the money I would normaly be making on the Marauder will go into the bank and start really saving for the new car. The parts and up grades I wanted on her for the year and Carlisle is already in the works and on the way so every penny can go into the bank for a down payment.

Might not happen till August but before the winter comes I will have a new car in the stable so i am not stranded for another winter nor have to use the Marauder for anything but shows and cruise nights.

If I went for the car now I could kiss doing anything to the Marauder away for another 6 years and seeing that is my only real hobby and pourpose in life I don't see it as a viable option!

Right guys?! ;)

CBT
02-16-2010, 09:20 AM
He said, I will keep my ears open for you Dave and also look into trying to get you into a better tear rating for the interest.".

Now if that isn't a good dealer and salesman I don't know what is?! :D

In the mean time I told him the money I would normaly be making on the Marauder will go into the bank and start really saving for the new car. The parts and up grades I wanted on her for the year and Carlisle is already in the works and on the way so every penny can go into the bank for a down payment.

Might not happen till August but before the winter comes I will have a new car in the stable so i am not stranded for another winter nor have to use the Marauder for anything but shows and cruise nights.

If I went for the car now I could kiss doing anything to the Marauder away for another 6 years and seeing that is my only real hobby and pourpose in life I don't see it as a viable option!

Right guys?! ;)

Sounds about right :beer: I, in an appearantly drunken stupor, told Amy the next car we get will be what she wants. She is stuck on "Hemi Challenger" instead of "another Marauder". :bop:

vtwoodsman
02-27-2010, 10:27 AM
I leased a 2006 Milan, I-4, Premier 5-spd manual when Mercury offered zero down. At the time the 5-spd was quieter than the automatic, but it was a fantastic, reliable, comfortable, economical, good handling car. :)

LeoVampire
02-27-2010, 10:39 AM
I leased a 2006 Milan, I-4, Premier 5-spd manual when Mercury offered zero down. At the time the 5-spd was quieter than the automatic, but it was a fantastic, reliable, comfortable, economical, good handling car. :)

They were abit worried that I would not be cool with it seeing they knew I have owned either a V8 or V6 all of my life but I was pleasently surprised.

Plus is has more HP and Torque than the years past one of the things a few reviewers had said about it in testing out the car. So they made the cabin much quieter and then beefed up the engine and came out with the 6 speed tranny both in Automatic and Manual to get better highway milage.

What sold me was the comfort, milage and packages available for it. I have to admit I enjoyed sitting in the one with cloth seats more than the leather. The leather was not as comfortable padding wise for long trips but the cloth seats felt great.

Seeing it would be a primary car comfort was @ the top of the list.