PDA

View Full Version : SCT tuners for MM

03blackmerc
02-19-2010, 04:49 PM
Just got some tax money in and want to get a tune for the MM. i dont know much about this subject, ive looked a little into the SCT which i see a lot of you are running on your MM's. But like i said im clueless on tuning so i was hoping someone could recomend a p/n and maybe give me some info. i've heard to go with the lidlo tune?

LIGHTNIN1
02-19-2010, 05:20 PM
Different people have their favorite tuners and people who sell the tunes according to who you talk to. SCT seems to be a favorite tuner here. I got the SCT 3 from Dennis Reinhart with his tune and am very happy with it. Others are happy with tunes from other people such as Lidio and Zack. Do your research before spending money.

Vortech347
02-19-2010, 05:48 PM
Experience is what you need to look at. They are all about the same in price -+ $20.

Make sure whoever you go with can support any changes you make. Also check out local mustang speed shops. A dyno tune will always be better than a mail order.

SpartaPerformance
02-19-2010, 06:10 PM
SCT is the way to go as far as a hand held device and Lidio and Zack from what I hear have excellent mail order tunes. I also agree to check local performance shops and see if they can dyno tune your Marauder.

bawazir
02-19-2010, 06:24 PM
Well ZACK did it again!
I would like to thank Zack for hooking my cousin crown vic up with nice tune today.
Car hual ass, and not to mention is firm on the trans.
thanks Zack for Zapping his car up

http://www.mercurymarauder.net/gallery/data/500/medium/crown_vic.jpg (http://javascript<b></b>:;)

03blackmerc
02-19-2010, 09:04 PM
so a dyno tune would be the best bet from what i'm seeing, but what if i decide i want to do a few more bolt on's to the MM will i have to get it dyno tuned again?

babbage
02-19-2010, 09:07 PM
so a dyno tune would be the best bet from what i'm seeing, but what if i decide i want to do a few more bolt on's to the MM will i have to get it dyno tuned again?

Something like headers - yes. Smaller things no. Who are you getting a dyno tune from?

03blackmerc
02-24-2010, 11:54 AM
There is a few places around here MPE Racing maybe? im almost thinking the SCT would be easier for me. i just dont want to drive an hour away and spend money everytime i want to change something. one of the main things i would like to change is the shift points. does anyone know where i can find the SCT X3 for cheap brand new. i see a lot of them for around $400?

Zack
02-24-2010, 11:57 AM
For the record Im not poking my nose into the 'tuning' business anymore.
Way too much drama and accusations of theft, it just aint worth it. When I get time ill make a nice spreadsheet of my tune as compared to the other vendors so the group can make their own decisions as to 'whats up'

If you catch me in person, thats a different story.

Ktorres1
03-11-2010, 10:04 PM
I cant wait to see theat spread sheet! Bring it on zack!

03blackmerc
03-13-2010, 09:03 PM
just ordered the SCT X3 of American Muscle. hopefully someone on here can help me out with a tune?

SpartaPerformance
03-13-2010, 10:25 PM
just ordered the SCT X3 of American Muscle. hopefully someone on here can help me out with a tune?

American Muscle just teamed up with BamaChips, that's one stop tune shopping right there.

Ktorres1
03-13-2010, 11:29 PM
So does that mean all sct x-3 tunes from americanmuscle come with a good tune or what is really the point with these already programed tunes vs say a Lidio or Zack tune?

03blackmerc
03-15-2010, 10:13 AM
they said a mustang tune, from some dude lol. i no nothing about these i need to to some more research. i was thinking of trying to get one from Zack or Lidio.

03blackmerc
03-15-2010, 10:13 AM
i dont know if the tune for the mustang would work with the MM like i said im cluless?

SC Cheesehead
03-15-2010, 10:54 AM

Just curious, why didn't you order order through Alternative Auto, one of te vendors here
http://www.alternativeauto.com/

You would have received the tuner, loaded with a Marauder-specific tune.

03blackmerc
03-15-2010, 03:10 PM
well if i knew that i def would have damn

Ktorres1
03-15-2010, 06:55 PM
I would like to compare a Lidio tune vs a Zack tune! No animosity just would like to knw the honest tune differences, I've heard very good things of both tunes!

03blackmerc
03-19-2010, 06:22 AM
just uploaded the tune from Bamachips yesterday. im def impressed with the acceleration and response. it also changed the shift points to get rid of that annoying gear shift. im still curious to see how a lidio, or reinhart tune is and if its much differnet then mine. i was hoping for a firmer shift. but all in all the car hauls.

Ktorres1
03-29-2010, 09:52 PM
Lol did they write you a tune for the marauder or did you just load whatever they gave you thru the mail?

MrBluGruv
03-29-2010, 10:00 PM
Given that the car still runs, and that the device didn't refuse to load the tune (the device recognizes it is a Marauder by the engine code), it's probably Marauder specific. Not to mention the fact that it seems to have addressed some of the key points that needed attention specific to the Marauder.

Ktorres1
03-29-2010, 10:06 PM
So who is this bama tuner guys and how does anyone say they could imprve or compare in tunes to say a lidio or reinhart tune?

03blackmerc
03-30-2010, 12:09 PM
i have no idea the difference the only reason why i used the Bama tune is because i messed up and bought my SCT from American Muscle like a moron. it is marauder specific i called SCT and Amercian Muslce to make sure. i want to try i differnt tune i feel like this tune isnt as good as others........

03blackmerc
03-30-2010, 12:12 PM
another thing i noticed is sense the tune at WOT the alternator seems to drop out. it will stay at a steady 14volts all day until a floor it then it drops to 12volts until i let off the gas. Weirdness???

MrBluGruv
03-30-2010, 12:48 PM
It's configured like that on purpose, basically the idea is to eliminate drag in the pulley system by not drawing from the alternator. Personally, i have no idea if it's true, it's supposed to garner lik 10hp or so, at least that 's what I remember seeing on Lidio's page, but I personally have my doubts and wish I could switch that setting off because i'm afraid of too much of a power drop. Consequently though, I do attribute that setting to making me learn throttle control much more, as I've gotten to where I'm still pulling on people without even going WOT. :)

musclemerc
03-30-2010, 12:57 PM
That's only true if the tune is Marauder specific. Lidio did this on his tune to get another 4~5hp. Now I'm noty sure if Bamachips even knows the MM has a PCM controlled alt. but even at WOT you should'nt see a drop in volts like that.

03blackmerc
03-30-2010, 06:00 PM
i didnt think it was right either, but it only started doing it sense the tune. i still have orginal battery and alt. i think its time for a changing.