PDA

View Full Version : Official MV8 AAM Convoy Thread

SID210SA
02-21-2010, 05:47 PM
OK....I have seen a few of the AAM membership post up about possibly going to MV8 in Charlotte N.C.

We have about 7 months to get this ride together.....I am interested in going....but it is a long way....over 19 hours from here, and the kids will be in school by then....so I have to work on what I am going to do on my end with my family....right now for me it is 50-50. Getting time off work is not a problem but the Family has been begging to go since I went to St. Louis, and I would like to take them all.....there are 6 of us so it will be on the expensive side....especially since we will have to take 2 cars. I hope to put the Marauder on a trailer and pull it with my Suburban but that is a long way to tow a vehicle, and with 96K currently on the odo I am not sure if I will be putting too much stress on the engine and Trans....with that said....I will prolly end up just taking the Marauder and going by myself.

So who is game????

Bluerauder
02-21-2010, 06:33 PM
So who is game????

About 6.5 hours and 382 miles for me. I'll be travelling I-95 South (from exit 160 [Occoquan/Lake Ridge] in Virginia departing about 9:00 AM) to I-85 to Charlotte, NC. Plan to arrive between 3:00 and 6:00 PM on Wednesday, 8 September.

james79stang
02-21-2010, 09:42 PM
Mike, at this point I have already asked for the time off, and I have Rick here in San Angelo and Matt out of Abilene are ready to stry to go.I am going to talk with Pat and Patricia and see what we might try to do as far as tring to get convoy going, when I go up to Pat's on way to louisville run in April.James

ludwigvan968
02-23-2010, 09:19 AM
There are some big if's and like last time it might be a last second decision. Here they are:

1. I have to have a job by then :) I am graduating this spring with my PhD

2. I have to have a built motor in my car and it be stable.

If these things come together and I can go, all I can say is watch out, because in theory i will be putting around 600rwhp down :banana2: