PDA

View Full Version : SSHS3: Thanks to the Maurauders!

LeadSSled
11-10-2003, 02:18 PM
I want to personally thank the Maurauders that made it out to Atlanta Dragway for SSHS3 last Saturday - it was great to see your car well represented. I believe that at least 6 or 7 Maurauders made it to the shootout, and I spotted a S/C one with a 13.26 dial in.

Thanks for coming out. I'm sure you had enough of a presence to get some representation on next year's promotional video.

Terry

MAD-3R
11-10-2003, 02:30 PM
It was a blast, and am looking forward to next year!

BCKNBLK
11-10-2003, 03:41 PM
Ditto Mad3r

Smokie
11-10-2003, 05:17 PM
LeadSSled I want to thank you for the invite, and want to say that the whole event was a first class operation, my wife and I had a terrific time and were treated very well by the SS guys, look forward to next year.:banana2: :banana: :beer:

prchrman
11-10-2003, 06:15 PM
good job...thanks for a venue to show our cars and what they can do...I think we gained some credibility with the SS guys...there were some awesome rides with bow ties, ovals, merc heads and pentagrams...how bout that 7 sec cycle...he was bad bad bad...the red SS could haul too....willie
OBTW Leadsled...we know there are unfriendlys on both sides of the track Chevy/Ford and now we know who one of yours is...look on impalaclub.com under SSHS3 pics at mr. nice guy acting like a juvie...nothing against you or any of the good guys its just a shame...and then some encourage him...brother...

LeadSSled
11-10-2003, 07:00 PM
I'm sure glad y'all made the trip. I had every intention of getting around to introduce myself, but I had an unanticipated distraction. My wife was out of town and the lady that watches our handicapped daughter came down with pneumonia. I had to bring my daughter to the track and had my hands full. It was a busy 500-mile round trip, 14 hour day for us. You may have seen the guy in the flamed shirt pushing the little girl in the purple wheel chair. That was me.

I promise that I'll get around to say hello next year. Thanks agian for coming. Us big-car folks need to stick together. :)

prchrman - Yes, the troublemakers are everywhere. Don't let one bad apple spoil the bunch. Most of the SS guys are a class act.

Terry

Bob Mathis
11-10-2003, 08:15 PM
LeadSSled, I too had a great time, I also had the S/C that had the 13.26 dial-in but broke out with a 13.04. I will be back next year and hope to run in the 12's.

VicRattlehead
11-10-2003, 11:38 PM
LeadSSled,

had a great time, us guys over on tccoa.com also had a great time, thanks for hosting, cant wait til next year.

prchrman
11-11-2003, 04:12 AM
[
I promise that I'll get around to say hello next year. Thanks agian for coming. Us big-car folks need to stick together. :)

prchrman - Yes, the troublemakers are everywhere. Don't let one bad apple spoil the bunch. Most of the SS guys are a class act.

Terry [/B][/QUOTE]

I agree...met 2 guys from huntsville al...had a green and black ss...super nice guys...this guy just let us know who he is...willie

BlackedOutSS
11-11-2003, 06:26 AM
Originally posted by prchrman
we know there are unfriendlys on both sides of the track Chevy/Ford and now we know who one of yours is...look on impalaclub.com under SSHS3 pics at mr. nice guy acting like a juvie...nothing against you or any of the good guys its just a shame...and then some encourage him...brother...

<~~~~It's Mr. Nice Guy, the Juvenile one, the "Bad Apple".

:(

That was a JOKE. It obviously wasn't real. I honestly didn't think people would take it so personally, ESPECIALLY SS OWNERS. Let me tell you how good it feels for fellow B-Body's shun you for something like that. That's messed up. Guess I was never really accepted in GASSIT anyways.
Also,If I was looking to start stuff, wouldn't I post the pic over here??

BOTH sides crack jokes, talk about eachother's cars etc.. Its all in good fun. Why do we do it? Because we are about the only competition for eachother out there.

I have never said I don't like Marauders. Matter of fact on numerous posts on the Impalaclub.com forums I have said that I liked the Marauder and I wouldn't mind having one.

All I'm saying is that there is no hard feelings and the pic was not real and a joke.

:alone:

prchrman
11-11-2003, 06:32 AM
Blackedout...he posts...good job...my opinion of you has just gone up...I did not think you were doing the deed...just kinda bad joke...but MM got pic on SS site...but I'll get over it...one thing I differ on is I did not hear anyone of the MM guys cracking on the SSs...no not one...we just had a good time and wanted to prove stock vs stock we can run with you guys...and I think we did...plus a SCed MM with stock everthing went 13.0...not bad eh...OBTW what were your times...you looked pretty fast...willie

LeadSSled
11-11-2003, 06:42 AM
prchrman - Mine wasn't that fast - 13.91 @97 MPH. But my 60-foot time was pretty good at 1.880 sec. I was happy with this ET for a stock motor/stock cam/stock iron heads powerplant.

Terry

BlackedOutSS
11-11-2003, 06:45 AM
Originally posted by prchrman
Blackedout...he posts...good job...my opinion of you has just gone up...I did not think you were doing the deed...just kinda bad joke...but MM got pic on SS site...but I'll get over it...one thing I differ on is I did not hear anyone of the MM guys cracking on the SSs...no not one...we just had a good time and wanted to prove stock vs stock we can run with you guys...and I think we did...plus a SCed MM with stock everthing went 13.0...not bad eh...OBTW what were your times...you looked pretty fast...willie

I sense sarcasim but that's expected. I wasn't talking about at the show, I was saying in general we pick at eachother like Ford owners and Chevy owners have always done. But nothing serious.

I only ran a 15.2 at 90. Of course I have 22" wheels and a big box in the trunk. I was just racing for curiousity. It looks like next year I will have to get serious.

I thought the blown MM had a bored 5.0 in it and 4.10 gears?Regardless, its fast and good looking as well. I actually took 3 pics of it.

:cool:

MAD-3R
11-11-2003, 07:07 AM
Nope. I've got the Stroked 5.0 with 4.10's

And it wasn't sarcasm. I don't think I've ever seen Prchrman use sarcasm... By comming over here and and posting does show class, and all is appriciated.

I saw your car, and all I could think of is "Cruztaker and him should get together..."

http://www.mercurygallery.net/mmnet/showphoto.php?photo=749&password=&sort=1&cat=500&page=3

prchrman
11-11-2003, 07:11 AM
Originally posted by BlackedOutSS
I sense sarcasim but that's expected. I wasn't talking about at the show, I was saying in general we pick at eachother like Ford owners and Chevy owners have always done. But nothing serious.

I only ran a 15.2 at 90. Of course I have 22" wheels and a big box in the trunk. I was just racing for curiousity. It looks like next year I will have to get serious.

I thought the blown MM had a bored 5.0 in it and 4.10 gears?Regardless, its fast and good looking as well. I actually took 3 pics of it.

:cool:
Point taken about chevy and ford jokes,

SCed MM,
That is Bob's car and the only thing he has done to it is Trilogy put a blower on it...he had his factory tires, gears,with no bore or any thing...good to hear from you...some nice ss guys are on here also...stick around you might like it...we are not real high on ricers and such either...willie...

stumpy
11-21-2003, 07:37 AM
Wow, 13.0 from a blower on a completely stock 4.6l. Ford should drop that into the Lightning instead of the blown 5.4l, they're only high 13's stock!

Hmm, but then would you put on a blower without tuning the PCM a bit? My guess is that it's a stock motor with an optimized tune for high boost. But whatever it is, that's a damn good ET. Congrats!

Disney Lincoln
11-21-2003, 09:31 AM
Hey guys,

It wwas GREAT getting tomeetmany of you.I had a greattime and hope you did as well. It was nice to finally see some Marauders out on the track this year!! Bob...your car is AWESOME!!! That thing MOVES with no more than you have done to it. I cant wait to see how it responds to your future mods.

To all you other yahoos out there, prchrman, TAF, Mad......NICE TO MEET YA!!!

Cant wait to do it again next year!

MAD-3R
11-21-2003, 09:42 AM
The wife and I also had fun, and are looking forward to comming down next year for SSHS4.

lovess
11-21-2003, 04:54 PM
Guess I was the lucky one you broke out against? I think I ran two Marrauders that both broke out. I got knocked out in the 4th round. It was a great time and I'll be there next year like i was the year before. SSee ya there if not sooner, Rick

Originally posted by Bob Mathis
LeadSSled, I too had a great time, I also had the S/C that had the 13.26 dial-in but broke out with a 13.04. I will be back next year and hope to run in the 12's. ;)