PDA

View Full Version : SNAP! M122 on a Marauder? MAYBE!

Zack
03-04-2010, 01:51 PM
Check out what this guy is up to:
http://www.modularfords.com/forums/showthread.php?t=144882

Apparently he has figured out how to combine a M112 Snout with a GT500 M122 Blower and make it work. He is in the process of making an adapter plate for the 03-04 Cobra Lower Manifold and thinks he can SELL everything for $500 or less, AWESOME!

Now how cool would that be to have a drivers side intake Blower on a Marauder? :lol:

BTW Im buying the plate if he succeeds. :banana2:

RoyLPita
03-04-2010, 01:57 PM
The link did not work for me.

merc
03-04-2010, 02:00 PM
I called magnason a couple of weeks ago about the MP122. They said that they could supply the blower for around 1600 and all they need is the shout length. If you have a trilogy kit you could re-use the same intake. It would be an easy upgrade. I think the MP122 is one inch longer.

http://www.magnusonproducts.com/images/mp1125gendraw.jpg

Zack
03-04-2010, 02:14 PM
merc you have a 112 pictured. Is that what you wanted to display?

SVT_MERC
03-04-2010, 02:18 PM
Now how cool would that be to have a drivers side intake Blower on a Marauder?

You can already have that Zack, I believe there's a company called Trilogy that makes one.

Zack
03-04-2010, 02:40 PM
You can already have that Zack, I believe there's a company called Trilogy that makes one.

Yes Im aware of this, you didnt get my humor. ;)

bawazir
03-04-2010, 02:42 PM

Daaaaaaaaaaah!

ctrlraven
03-04-2010, 03:19 PM
Now we could possibly have two homemade kits to choose from, Stage 1 M112 and Stage 2 M122.

FordNut
03-04-2010, 03:28 PM
Funny, those guys are really worried about what goes on over here: http://www.motorcitymarauders.com/forums/showthread.php?t=10989

The only thread that has had any real interest over there for awhile was the one Bradley started, whining about the Eaton conversions.

SVT_MERC
03-04-2010, 03:46 PM
Who's those guys???? I put that posting over there, because I think it is funny that Zack said that about having the opening on the drivers side, as that Trilogy has already been doing this.

FordNut
03-04-2010, 03:55 PM
Who's those guys???? I put that posting over there, because I think it is funny that Zack said that about having the opening on the drivers side, as that Trilogy has already been doing this.

THOSE guys... The MCM guys. You... BG...

SVT_MERC
03-04-2010, 04:09 PM
Yes, Me..... I am an active member on both sites. I think it is appropriate that #1, people know about any developments that the entire community can take advantage of. And #2 I think that Zack's wording in his post is a bit of a slight against Trilogy, which I think is wrong.

I am not slaming against Zacks find. I am against totally disregarding the existence of another product. I am a very pro-trilogy person due to it's great design, fit, and reputation. I have no problems though whatsoever with someone going another route either, wither it be an Eaton conversion, centrifugal, or anything else.
Finding another way to add some power is great, just, give credit where credit is due.

Spectragod
03-04-2010, 04:25 PM
Oh, another active member from "over there". hahahahaha :D

FordNut
03-04-2010, 04:34 PM
I am not slaming against Zacks find.

BS. All one has to do is look at your posts over there.

LANDY
03-04-2010, 04:43 PM
guys, guys,
please lets keep this thread where it belongs.
i actually think its an awsome idea, for those doing thing for the low buck.:beer:

ctrlraven
03-04-2010, 04:54 PM
i actually think its an awsome idea, for those doing thing for the low buck.:beer:
Exactly!!

As much as I would love to have an Trilogy the cost of one turns me away because I could use that chunk of change for something better but the "homemade Eaton kit" is within my reach.

Got_1
03-04-2010, 04:56 PM

you started a thread "over there" about this just to start ******t and then you reply to this thread with the same intentions.....stirring the pot:rolleyes:

FordNut
03-04-2010, 04:57 PM
Exactly!!

As much as I would love to have an Trilogy the cost of one turns me away because I could use that chunk of change for something better but the "homemade Eaton kit" is within my reach.

Not to mention the Eaton conversion has more power potential.

RoyLPita
03-04-2010, 04:57 PM
The link did not work for me.

I guess it is blocked at work.

ImpalaSlayer
03-04-2010, 05:04 PM

Glenn will be here any min now

bob6364
03-04-2010, 05:10 PM

Only with shorties... :D

LANDY
03-04-2010, 05:14 PM
you know it.
every bit of info about making safe power on the low buck should not have negative responses.
Zack dont mind the people that are poking your patience.
the are just HATERS.
keep up the good work.

Commodore Crap
03-04-2010, 05:16 PM
This sounds totally kick ass!! I like it!

bawazir
03-04-2010, 05:21 PM
So how much the M122 would cost?

SVT_MERC
03-04-2010, 05:36 PM
BS. All one has to do is look at your posts over there.

That is total bull****.... I have never said a sour word about Zack. I do not mention his name in my post on MCM since there is so much animosity there. I don't think he is in "the right" with his above statement and if people think I am wrong for that, I am sorry. I have never met Zack in person and cannot be a judge of his character. I have seen pictures of his past projects and admire his work. In no other post of mine previous to today was anything of or about Zack ever mentioned..... feel free to search all of my posts here, on MCM, as well as CVN, my s/n on all sites is either svt-merc or propilot82. If there was any other time I slammed Zack, I would like to see it.

FordNut, if you hate the other site so much why do you spend time there, or just pick one place. I love all the sites, and admit that I might be a little more biased to MCM as I am from Detroit, met more members there in person, and for the most part a lot less politics there, and more accepting of non-MM owning members.

Zack, if what you said, was only in "humor", and not a statement against Trilogy, then I apologize to you.
:beer:

Back to the original topic.....

SC Cheesehead
03-04-2010, 05:41 PM
That is total bull****.... I have never said a sour word about Zack. I do not mention his name in my post on MCM since there is so much animosity there. I don't think he is in "the right" with his above statement and if people think I am wrong for that, I am sorry. I have never met Zack in person and cannot be a judge of his character. I have seen pictures of his past projects and admire his work. In no other post of mine previous to today was anything of or about Zack ever mentioned..... feel free to search all of my posts here, on MCM, as well as CVN, my s/n on all sites is either svt-merc or propilot82. If there was any other time I slammed Zack, I would like to see it.

FordNut, if you hate the other site so much why do you spend time there, or just pick one place. I love all the sites, and admit that I might be a little more biased to MCM as I am from Detroit, met more members there in person, and for the most part a lot less politics there, and more accepting of non-MM owning members.

Zack, if what you said, was only in "humor", and not a statement against Trilogy, then I apologize to you.
:beer:

Back to the original topic.....

I call :bs: pal.

http://www.motorcitymarauders.com/forums/showthread.php?t=10989

Now Marauders can have a Drivers side intake on a blower!!!
Everyones best friend discovered that you can have a supercharged Marauder with the throttle body on the drivers side!!! Wow, innovation just never stops!!! I thought that a drivers side throttle opening was already available, I guess I was mistaken.

You're intention is so transparent it's laughable.

As for the highlighted portion of your comments... :rofl:

justbob
03-04-2010, 05:57 PM
My only grievance is the fact that my Trilogy is worth less by the day lately is all... Other than that, I love what I own, and find all these new ideas great for members on a budget.

SVT_MERC
03-04-2010, 06:01 PM
There you go.... SC, I deleted my post over there, so if it was my misinterpretation, it is gone. I apologize if I was in the wrong in that. These forums are not here for personal slams, and I guess I may have been a bit wrong on that, but I do not like to see others discredit others work either. As for what you highlighted of my last post, I don't know why you are ROFL. All sites have too much politics in them, I find more here than MCM, and tons less over at CVN. As for accepting of non-MM owners, MCM is much more open to them. I have tons of slams on my Marquis here for not being a Marauder, for wearing a mecrury "god's head" badge on it , and seen lots of Crown vic. owners get laughed at for the same and other differences. I was welcomed to MCM with open arms and can't remember a member being criticized because he joind a marauder club and drove something else. Both sites have pluses and minuses, I think that the good of both sites outweigh the bads. There are more active members here who participate in threads, but also tons who are concerned with their post counts and have to just get a word in, just so they can add one more, or "get in before the lock" MCM doesn't have this problem, but there are a lot less active threads going on as well.

DOOM
03-04-2010, 06:07 PM
You guys need to go get laid!

SVT_MERC
03-04-2010, 06:09 PM
Well, said DOOM..... I'd rather have employment right now over anything.

justbob
03-04-2010, 06:09 PM
Werd!!!!!!

DOOM
03-04-2010, 06:13 PM

Who the hell is talking about employment??? :dunno:

Go do the dirty with a handful of midgets! :up:

justbob
03-04-2010, 06:15 PM
Werd!!! AGAIN!!!

SVT_MERC
03-04-2010, 06:15 PM
hahahaha.... Thanks... I needed that one.

DOOM
03-04-2010, 06:16 PM
Thanks... I needed that one.

That's what she said! :banana:

SVT_MERC
03-04-2010, 06:18 PM
Oooohhhh look at this guy... he's a coconut.

a_d_a_m
03-04-2010, 06:20 PM
All sites have too much politics in them, I find more here than MCM, and tons less over at CVN. As for accepting of non-MM owners, MCM is much more open to them. I have tons of slams on my Marquis here for not being a Marauder, for wearing a mecrury "god's head" badge on it , and seen lots of Crown vic. owners get laughed at for the same and other differences. Hahaha, that's friggin' hilarious to me!
Since I've been a member there, it seems to me that unless you're an original MM owner and/or Trilogized, you're a 2nd class citizen to most of them. They do a good job of simply ignoring anything that doesn't come from the 'inner circle'. The folks I've personally met from MCM are great guys (mpearce, Merc-O-Matic, to name two...but guess what, they also post HERE), but there's way too much posturing over there, in my opinion.

On the flip, when I joined this site, I only owned my Grand Marquis. Nonetheless, I was still welcomed and made to feel part of the community from day one. Never once did I feel like a lesser-than, even if I was. And since it was mentioned, CVN has been a second home for me and I've met so many good friends there. I know there's some animosity between that site and this one, but my experiences have been overwhelmingly positive.

Phew...with that said, with regards to the Eaton thread and Eaton swapping in general...

It's very funny to me that the Eaton thread is still going "over there". I caught up on my reading for the night, which killed ~10 minutes. There are a few voices of reason, which is rather refreshing. Particularly those who said about the bracket that "there's only so many ways to mount something on a modular V8." Truer words never spoken.

Ultimately, I think any new innovation/information on a car that hasn't been made since '04 is a very good thing. Especially when they can make power and save money in the process.

You guys need to go get laid! It's winter in Cleveland and I'm single. We don't leave our houses unless it's to go to work...so I'm not going on a treasure hunt!

SVT_MERC
03-04-2010, 06:31 PM
So Adam, you had the exact same experiences as I, but just the exact reversal of the 2 MM sites? I am glad I am not the only one then. As for CVN, I love that place as well, if you want to find people innovating for panthers, that is truly the place to be. With HID and projector/halo conversions, LED/SMD gauge lighting, PI swaps, 2,3,4 valve swaps, 5.4, V10's, eaton and saleen s/c's, turbo's, home depot parts used as chin spoilers, I have never seen such a well rounded group of people willing to try anything and innovate stuff for their rides.

FordNut
03-04-2010, 06:33 PM

There's something we definitely agree on. Unemployment doesn't come close to paying the bills. And I've got some more mods I want to do to the Marauder.

Drewstang
03-04-2010, 06:36 PM
So, weeding through the drama ******** here, whats the advantage of the m122 over the mp112? Increased blower displacement? Twin screw impellors?

SVT_MERC
03-04-2010, 06:37 PM
It pays what bills I have, but I no longer have a car pmt. since totaling my Merc., But I need to get a Marauder, and I have 3 different panther projects I want to do, one on a CV, and the other 2 require Marquis'

CBT
03-04-2010, 06:45 PM
On the flip, when I joined this site, I only owned my Grand Marquis. Nonetheless, I was still welcomed and made to feel part of the community from day one.

Adam we were only joking:neener:

FordNut
03-04-2010, 06:54 PM
It pays what bills I have, but I no longer have a car pmt. since totaling my Merc., But I need to get a Marauder, and I have 3 different panther projects I want to do, one on a CV, and the other 2 require Marquis'

You're lucky. My monthly bills are about $1700, then the periodic stuff like car insurance, tags, and property taxes pop up. Unemployment is only about $1k/month, so I'm always scrambling. A couple of consulting gigs, selling all my leftover parts from modding, selling some of my spare parts I didn't really want to sell, burning through all the personal savings I had put away, spent the insurance settlement money from a couple of car accidents... A couple more months and I'll have to consider dipping into retirement funds. A career as greeter at Wally World is looking better every day.

SC Cheesehead
03-04-2010, 07:02 PM
There you go.... SC, I deleted my post over there, so if it was my misinterpretation, it is gone. I apologize if I was in the wrong in that. These forums are not here for personal slams, and I guess I may have been a bit wrong on that, but I do not like to see others discredit others work either. As for what you highlighted of my last post, I don't know why you are ROFL. All sites have too much politics in them, I find more here than MCM, and tons less over at CVN. As for accepting of non-MM owners, MCM is much more open to them. I have tons of slams on my Marquis here for not being a Marauder, for wearing a mecrury "god's head" badge on it , and seen lots of Crown vic. owners get laughed at for the same and other differences. I was welcomed to MCM with open arms and can't remember a member being criticized because he joind a marauder club and drove something else. Both sites have pluses and minuses, I think that the good of both sites outweigh the bads. There are more active members here who participate in threads, but also tons who are concerned with their post counts and have to just get a word in, just so they can add one more, or "get in before the lock" MCM doesn't have this problem, but there are a lot less active threads going on as well.

I guess I over-reacted a bit, sorry for slamming you.

A big ROGER on the politics statement.

Hey, how's about we http://www.talkjesus.com/images/smilies/animated-smilies/handshake.gif and go on from here. :beer:

guspech750
03-04-2010, 07:22 PM
Hi. My name is Joe and I am a Marauderholic. http://www.freesmileys.org/smileys/smiley-dance007.gifAnd pink is my favorite color.

SVT_MERC
03-04-2010, 07:29 PM
Agreed, SC>>>>:beer: Here's a beer for you...
Ford, I am fortunate where I am at to not bee in that bad of situation financially (except for other creditors and $60,000 in student loans) although stress and health is not that great. Hopefully work will show its ugly head and turn things for the better!!!

On the positive side I have a whole bag of lucky charms marshmallows to eat!!!

FordNut
03-04-2010, 07:30 PM
On the positive side I have a whole bag of lucky charms marshmallows to eat!!!

Hope they work for ya.

SVT_MERC
03-04-2010, 07:36 PM
Don't know how much work they'll do for me, but they taste fantastic, and......... probably give some cavities...lol

SC Cheesehead
03-04-2010, 07:42 PM
Hi. My name is Joe and I am a Marauderholic. http://www.freesmileys.org/smileys/smiley-dance007.gifAnd pink is my favorite color.

Doomie's Brother! :eek:

DOOM
03-04-2010, 08:04 PM
So, weeding through the drama ******** here, whats the advantage of the m122 over the mp112? Increased blower displacement? Twin screw impellors?

That's what i would like to know. :help:

bawazir
03-04-2010, 08:09 PM
That's what i would like to know. :help:

gas mileage :lol: :lol:

DOOM
03-04-2010, 08:13 PM
Whats gas mileage???

fastblackmerc
03-04-2010, 08:16 PM
Whats gas mileage???

Want gas mileage...

BUY A PRIUS

FordNut
03-04-2010, 08:17 PM
It's bigger than the M112, flows more air (about 10% more?).

DOOM
03-04-2010, 08:18 PM
Want gas mileage...

BUY A PRIUS

What he said! :beer:

CBT
03-04-2010, 08:19 PM
Ford, I am fortunate where I am at to not bee in that bad of situation financially (except for other creditors and $60,000 in student loans)

60 thousand dollars?!?! Good Lord how long have you been in school?

SC Cheesehead
03-04-2010, 08:23 PM

http://www.collegecrunch.org/school-profiles/massachusetts/harvard-university/ "The cost of going to Harvard University for a year is $47,215."

Sophmore dropout from Harvard? ;)

-Matt-
03-04-2010, 08:30 PM
http://i13.photobucket.com/albums/a254/xxshowstoppaxx/drama-llama.jpg

Lets get back to the car talk now.... other then the 10%, what else is better about it?

SVT_MERC
03-04-2010, 08:38 PM

I just Graduated from WyoTech in December, I was there for a year, and that $60,000 included my apartment rent (apartments owned by the school and were 4 bedrooms, so 4 students to an apartment)

I took general automotive, high performance power train, and motorsports chassis and fabrication.

a_d_a_m
03-04-2010, 09:31 PM
Adam we were only joking:neener: You summabitch! I'm gonna go listen to the Smiths and cry.

Glenn
03-04-2010, 09:33 PM

Haven't See it - Yet: or even some decent high 11s or low 12s runs. :shake:

You can call potential all day long - but someone needs to prove it to this guy. Say a 1\4 mile run - you know the drag strip or controlled acceleration runs.

Glenn Ford :flamer:

Rocknthehawk
03-04-2010, 09:39 PM
:eek: :laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh:

$60,000 to go to WYOTECH? WOOOOW. Man you got boned. I hope they at least used a little lube.

I just Graduated from WyoTech in December, I was there for a year, and that $60,000 included my apartment rent (apartments owned by the school and were 4 bedrooms, so 4 students to an apartment)

I took general automotive, high performance power train, and motorsports chassis and fabrication.

merc
03-04-2010, 09:39 PM

So is this your daily?

http://funnyfree.net/images/sample/funny_pictures_Car_Thong.jpg

Zack
03-04-2010, 09:46 PM
Haven't See it - Yet: or even some decent high 11s or low 12s runs. :shake:

You can call potential all day long - but someone needs to prove it to this guy. Say a 1\4 mile run - you know the drag strip or controlled acceleration runs.

Glenn Ford :flamer:

Well there are only 2 eaton swaps that have been to the track... out of a total of 4.

I ran 11.9 on my first pass and Dave went 12.5?

If you are gonna crunch the #'s and averages, I think you will find....

Wait, why are these to kits in competition with each other Glenn? Seriously.

How many years did it take you to get in the 11's and I did it the first track outing? How many years did you swear by your magical tune from Detroit only to find out it was dead lean and now it runs better than ever, now that the changes I SUGGESTED (and got flamed, kicked, and BANNED for) were incorporated into your car?

Shall I go on? Nope, the old Zack is gone.

Zack
03-04-2010, 09:50 PM
And by the way, I ran 11.60 back in 04 with 10psi and a Vortech, stock engine.
I dont know how thats relevant to this thread but I felt it be added. :D

DOOM
03-04-2010, 09:50 PM

$60,000 to go to WYOTECH? WOOOOW. Man you got boned. I hope they at least used a little lube.

That included a whole years rent!
Do see what's so funny about someone getting an education no matter how much it costs.

Zack
03-04-2010, 09:57 PM
I said this MANY times over the years.... a Trilogy kit is the best, most well thought out kit for a Marauder, hands down.

But...Making Eaton swap owners feel like they have less of a Supercharger than a Trilogy is just plain childish and stupid. Same goes for Vortech and Procharger.
All the arguments of 'it doesnt look stock' 'it looks buthered' blah blah blah

Put everyone in a room together and all kits will be just as good as the next.

Glenn
03-04-2010, 09:58 PM
Well there are only 2 eaton swaps that have been to the track... out of a total of 4.

I ran 11.9 on my first pass and Dave went 12.5?

If you are gonna crunch the #'s and averages, I think you will find....

Wait, why are these to kits in competition with each other Glenn? Seriously.

How many years did it take you to get in the 11's and I did it the first track outing? How many years did you swear by your magical tune from Detroit only to find out it was dead lean and now it runs better than ever, now that the changes I SUGGESTED (and got flamed, kicked, and BANNED for) were incorporated into your car?

Shall I go on? Nope, the old Zack is gone.

Your knowledge sometimes is scary - but let's not go there - good times now - we need to keep it that way.

Glenn Ford

merc
03-04-2010, 09:58 PM
It's bigger than the M112, flows more air (about 10% more?).

The tech at magnason told me that the M112 is rated at 13 pounds of boost and the M122 is max is 16 pounds. A net of 3 pounds regardless of the max values.

Glenn
03-04-2010, 10:03 PM
I read it! :)

Glenn

SVT_MERC
03-04-2010, 11:56 PM

How's that? What did you pay to go there? That education is whats going to get me a job before a lot of other people will be getting one. So forgive me if I don't really see what is so funny about spending money for an education.

DOOM
03-04-2010, 11:58 PM
That education is whats going to get me a job before a lot of other people will be getting one. So forgive me if I don't really see what is so funny about spending money for an education.

:agree: :beer:

Marauder Rick
03-05-2010, 04:20 AM
:popcorn::popcorn::popcorn:

Bradley G
03-05-2010, 04:40 AM
I get it!,.. Whining,.. Eaton .
Brian made a funny :D

Funny, those guys are really worried about what goes on over here: http://www.motorcitymarauders.com/forums/showthread.php?t=10989

The only thread that has had any real interest over there for awhile was the one Bradley started, whining about the Eaton conversions.

SC Cheesehead
03-05-2010, 04:51 AM

Education ain't cheap, but IMO, in the long run it's well worth it.

SC Cheesehead
03-05-2010, 04:58 AM
I said this MANY times over the years.... a Trilogy kit is the best, most well thought out kit for a Marauder, hands down.

But...Making Eaton swap owners feel like they have less of a Supercharger than a Trilogy is just plain childish and stupid. Same goes for Vortech and Procharger.

Well said, my man! :up:

FordNut
03-05-2010, 05:12 AM
I get it!,.. Whining,.. Eaton .
Brian made a funny :D

Even funnier, your thread over there is 16 pages and still going strong. More interest than the Babes & Boobies threads...:hmmm: :) :rofl:

Zack
03-05-2010, 06:08 AM
Even funnier, your thread over there is 16 pages and still going strong. More interest than the Babes & Boobies threads...:hmmm: :) :rofl:

If you scroll through the years of posts since MCM's conception, you will find that ANY post that makes a mention of me has the most views as compared to the rest.

I always chuckle a bit when I think of that, lol. :lol: :rofl:

CBT
03-05-2010, 06:10 AM
If you scroll through the years of posts since MCM's conception, you will find that ANY post that makes a mention of me has the most views as compared to the rest.

I always chuckle a bit when I think of that, lol. :lol: :rofl:

Maybe it's because you are one sexy man-beast. :dunno:

MERCMAN
03-05-2010, 06:13 AM

Hey Zack,, did you develop a lisp during your vacation?

Zack
03-05-2010, 06:17 AM
Hey Zack,, did you develop a lisp during your vacation?

Maybe so, I also developed a slight dyslexia too.

But.... I lost 12 lbs since January 1st and I can now see my entire ***** again. :woohoo:

^^^^Thats what ....said!

CBT
03-05-2010, 06:34 AM

But.... I lost 12 lbs since January 1st and I can now see my entire ***** again. :woohoo:

^^^^Thats what ....said!
You can rearrange the letters in dyslexia into daily sex, laid sexy, or sexy dial. But then again, if you are dyslexic it will still probably just look like alxidsye to you, because you are dyslexic and probably have low self asteem because of it and will end up punking for ciggs down at the Greyhound station.

SC Cheesehead
03-05-2010, 06:35 AM

^^^^Thats what ....said!

:eek: TMI! ------> ;) --------> :D

Zack
03-05-2010, 06:37 AM
You can rearrange the letters in dyslexia into daily sex, laid sexy, or sexy dial. But then again, if you are dyslexic it will still probably just look like alxidsye to you, because you are dyslexic and probably have low self asteem because of it and will end up punking for ciggs down at the Greyhound station.

The sad thing is, I used to be able to formulate a sentence as intricate as yours, but then I was introduced to my daily meds.

Oh the trade-offs in life. ;)

MERCMAN
03-05-2010, 06:47 AM

That there is a Freudian slip if I ever seen one! :rofl:

CBT
03-05-2010, 06:59 AM
That there is a Freudian slip if I ever seen one! :rofl:
Oops! I was thinking of booty....

LeoVampire
03-05-2010, 12:03 PM
How's that? What did you pay to go there? That education is whats going to get me a job before a lot of other people will be getting one. So forgive me if I don't really see what is so funny about spending money for an education.

They are jellous that is all! Get your ASE certifications and work on becomming a Master Tech and no one will turn you down for a job @ any shop.

I had company's fighting for me @ time's money wise.

And get some good tools and a LOT OF THEM!! Yes I know hard to swallow after the fee's for school but it is an absolute must.

Congrat's :beer:

Got_1
03-05-2010, 03:23 PM
wow i didn't know it cost that much money to become a automotive technician in the states. it cost me 1200 dollars for school. (3, 2 month semesters over 3 years) and 100 dollars to right my C of Q (ASE equivalent).

thats not counting tools however but you know how that goes...

cougar9150
03-05-2010, 03:32 PM
Not neccessarily but if you saw the specialty course he took. Just to become an ASE certified tech it shouldn't be anywhere near as much. The issue with the schools in the US is if the they are private (Wyotech and UTI) and charge higher tuition rates than say a county or state school that offers the same programs.

For specialty niches such as he wet for you will spend a little more money for the different avenues of training.

Wish I could do the same but I cannot afford quit working and go to a good reputable school for the amount of time it woudl take. They do not offer night classes anywhere that I can find to be able to do it after my 9-5 so I am boned or have to go start somewhere at entry level and work on my certs on the side.

I hate being a middle management douche and part time engineer in the semi-conductor business.

LeoVampire
03-05-2010, 03:43 PM
Not neccessarily but if you saw the specialty course he took. Just to become an ASE certified tech it shouldn't be anywhere near as much. The issue with the schools in the US is if the they are private (Wyotech and UTI) and charge higher tuition rates than say a county or state school that offers the same programs.

For specialty niches such as he wet for you will spend a little more money for the different avenues of training.

Wish I could do the same but I cannot afford quit working and go to a good reputable school for the amount of time it woudl take. They do not offer night classes anywhere that I can find to be able to do it after my 9-5 so I am boned or have to go start somewhere at entry level and work on my certs on the side.

I hate being a middle management douche and part time engineer in the semi-conductor business.

We had Vocational high schools available and that was run by the City. Like a normal high school but one week of normal classes and then a week of shop back and forth. Each year the classes got more advanced in the shop portion.

But I had a big jump on most of the other guys seeing my Dad built and raced car's for a local Ford Dealership. So spent the first year helping the teachers more than learning.

My senior year started the Co-op program where your shop time is spent @ an actual job and your boss did your grade's.

So it just depends when you start wanting to learn.

SVT_MERC
03-05-2010, 03:44 PM
Funny you talk about night classes, because mine over there were night classes, from 4:30 to 1:30 am. In my opinion, it is well worth the money, because going there, unlike just taking classes, it is more or less a full day of on the job training every day for a year, and I made a lot of great friendships, and as bad as it sounds, I gained a little respect for some of the imports running around, and learned that a lot of them hate ricers as much as a we do, and some of them actually know how to add power to their cars without cleaning house of APC parts at the parts store.

252life
03-05-2010, 04:24 PM
wow i didn't know it cost that much money to become a automotive technician in the states. it cost me 1200 dollars for school. (3, 2 month semesters over 3 years) and 100 dollars to right my C of Q (ASE equivalent).

thats not counting tools however but you know how that goes...

I had no idea either it was that expensive.

I guess I'm lucky, it cost me zero dollar for my 3year automotive technician education (all education is free here + you get a student grant)
And when you start to work at a dealership, they have all the tools you need so you don't have to buy your own.

ctrlraven
04-13-2010, 02:10 PM
If I can sell my foxbody it will fund this M122 "kit".

ImpalaSlayer
04-13-2010, 02:11 PM
If I can sell my foxbody it will fund this M122 "kit".

bring it over man, im sure we can get r done.

Motorhead350
04-13-2010, 05:49 PM
The sad thing is, I used to be able to formulate a sentence as intricate as yours, but then I was introduced to my daily meds.

Oh the trade-offs in life. ;)

It all makes since now.

I miss the old Zack. :alone: