PDA

View Full Version : Fog Light Wiring

ledzilla
03-09-2010, 04:24 PM
Today, I noticed I had a burned out fog light. So I went and bought a new bulb and installed it. It still didn't work. So I checked the socket and wiring... Yeah, the contacts are all corroded (left side). So, does anyone know the part numbers for the wiring with the plugs at both ends and the bulb socket? I need to replace both.

fastblackmerc
03-09-2010, 06:49 PM
Today, I noticed I had a burned out fog light. So I went and bought a new bulb and installed it. It still didn't work. So I checked the socket and wiring... Yeah, the contacts are all corroded (left side). So, does anyone know the part numbers for the wiring with the plugs at both ends and the bulb socket? I need to replace both.

Do a search.... there have been post with Rock Auto part numbers for the foglight wiring harness.

It might be cheaper to replace the stock connectors with WeatherPak connectors.

http://www.weatherpack.com/

ledzilla
03-17-2010, 03:23 PM
Thanks for the heads up on Weather Pack. I'm checking them out.

fastblackmerc
03-17-2010, 03:29 PM
Thanks for the heads up on Weather Pack. I'm checking them out.

No problem!

281MERC
03-18-2010, 04:11 PM

dont bother replacing it, that section is not needed. just cut the wire before the first corroded plug that clips to the car and before the second plug that connects to your foglight and re-wire the 2 ends together! now you have deleted a useless plug connection and took up the extra 12" of slack in the wire that caused the problem in the first place by exposing the plug to close to the wheelwell. I dont see the reason why it was made with the extra plug connection there, its useless. now your only connection plug is high and dry:) i will do the same to the drivers side when it goes

bones
03-18-2010, 07:35 PM
Lots of Lincoln's use the same connector that is corroded. Just look in some engine compartments at your local junkyard & you will find one.

I found that GM cars with ABS use almost the same connectors we have at the fog light. I cut the weatherpack connector off of the front brake wheel speed sensor of a GM car & found the other connector on a Town car & made my own harness for $3.00

Richy04
03-19-2010, 05:35 AM
Don't bother, Take the connector apart and polish the two tangs that ride on the ring, they are dirty. clean them good, add dielectric grease and it will work again.