PDA

View Full Version : Gilmour Foam gun soap recommendations?

freakstatus
03-10-2010, 12:26 AM
I was wondering what soap everyone is loading their Gilmour foam guns with. I can't seem to find Turtle Wax Platinum anywhere (which was what I used to use).

I seem to go through half a large jug of soap for one wash with everything else I try. Any recommendations? Thanks.

freakstatus
03-10-2010, 11:14 AM
Bump......?

Taemian
03-10-2010, 11:51 AM
Dude,
Whatever you do, DON'T use the Dove Gentle Hands and Cuticles stuff you have in your bathroom.:P

I use the biggest/cheapest stuff of major brands (eg Simonize, Turtle Wax etc) Look for sales, because it's not like the soap does the work...you do the work. Just put your gun on the max foam setting, coat the whole thing once, then go over each panel just before you wash it. I used to use as much as you, but now it's about 1/4-1/3 of the bottle.

Dragcity
03-10-2010, 12:10 PM
That is a LOT of soap fellas.

Is there a mixing rate on that foam gun? If not, I would mix DI water with the soap in the cup to get the correct consistency/use. I used those Gilmore guns many years ago when I worked in the meat industry.

McGuires Gold is nice stuff. I would read the proportiions on the back, find out how much water the Gilmore adds and dilute as necessary. No way you should be using pure concentrated soap in the cup of that gun......

(In my opinion)

jdando
03-10-2010, 04:26 PM
I use the Zaino Z-7 car wash soap. Works great, lots of foam, last a while.

http://www.zainostore.com/Merchant2/merchant.mvc?Screen=PROD&Product_Code=Z-7