PDA

View Full Version : CVN wants to join us at Carlisle.

Blackened300a
03-11-2010, 11:26 AM
I was asked by a member of CVN if they could register with us and join us under the tent. Turns out that nobody can commit or provide the funds to get a tent for CVN this year so they want to piggyback with us. Ill put it up to a vote to see what you guy's think. At the moment Im against this idea because we finally got our class of 03-04 Marauders this year and I think it would affect our voting and cause issues with the Carlisle staff having a bunch of Crown vics and Grand Marquis parked among us in the showfield.

It's up for you guys to discuss and vote on.

justbob
03-11-2010, 12:08 PM
Not sure if i'll make it, but I voted no. The Marauder is and deserves a class of it's own, not too mention it would screw up trophies, and even further skew the publics view about what exactly a Marauder is. Any other show, whatever, but not this one.

FreddieH
03-11-2010, 12:10 PM
At the moment Im against this idea because we finally got our class of 03-04 Marauders this year and I think it would affect our voting and cause issues with the Carlisle staff having a bunch of Crown vics and Grand Marquis parked among us in the showfield.

I'm right there with you Paul!

bocat187
03-11-2010, 12:15 PM
Not sure if i'll make it, but I voted no. The Marauder is and deserves a class of it's own, not too mention it would screw up trophies, and even further skew the publics view about what exactly a Marauder is. Any other show, whatever, but not this one.
how do find out what number your marauder is

justbob
03-11-2010, 12:16 PM
Wrong thread. But contact RoyLPita for further info.

DOOM
03-11-2010, 12:20 PM
I say nay! :down:

ImpalaSlayer
03-11-2010, 12:20 PM
I was asked by a member of CVN if they could register with us and join us under the tent. Turns out that nobody can commit or provide the funds to get a tent for CVN this year so they want to piggyback with us. Ill put it up to a vote to see what you guy's think. At the moment Im against this idea because we finally got our class of 03-04 Marauders this year and I think it would affect our voting and cause issues with the Carlisle staff having a bunch of Crown vics and Grand Marquis parked among us in the showfield.

i think it would be kind of cool if they were allowed to park near us but as a separate class. like if we are on that hill again say maybe infront or behind us

DOOM
03-11-2010, 12:21 PM

You are #11,053

DOOM
03-11-2010, 12:22 PM
I want to be around friends & family not a bunch of strangers!

Keep us apart!!!

Mr. Man
03-11-2010, 12:36 PM
I think they should park off by themselves. Last year they were right across the road what's wrong with doing that this year? If they stop over in our tent to say hi I don't really care to much as long as they bring presents.:D

DOOM
03-11-2010, 12:45 PM
Don't want crown vics & GM's littered in with us!

Unless it's Pops! :D

Pops
03-11-2010, 12:51 PM
Don't want crown vics & GM's littered in with us!

Unless it's Pops! :D

Pops will be bringing the other car and maybe drag racing Friday night! I will bring it over for a visit once in a while!:burnout:

Drewstang
03-11-2010, 12:52 PM
If you come into one more thread and ask that same question, I'm going to break a keyboard over your head. USE THE SEARCH FUNCTION IN THE TOOLBAR ABOVE THE THREAD. DON'T JUST LOOK AT THE PRETTY PICTURES, READ WHAT I'M SAYING.

MM03MOK
03-11-2010, 01:25 PM
If you come into one more thread and ask that same question, I'm going to break a keyboard over your head. USE THE SEARCH FUNCTION IN THE TOOLBAR ABOVE THE THREAD. DON'T JUST LOOK AT THE PRETTY PICTURES, READ WHAT I'M SAYING.
OK - give him a break. He just joined. I copied his post to a new thread in Community Discussion.

-Matt-
03-11-2010, 01:45 PM
OK - give him a break. He just joined. I copied his post to a new thread in Community Discussion.

He has crashed 9 different threads with that same question bunny :shake:

SpartaPerformance
03-11-2010, 02:05 PM
I say no too, even though a Marauder is a panther chassis too many people think its a hot rodded Vic. Nothing against them but if they can't commit to their own club then what exactly is going to show up? To me that doesn't show too much car enthusiasm. My $0.02

MM03MOK
03-11-2010, 02:09 PM
He has crashed 9 different threads with that same question bunny :shake:
I see that. I'm trying to give him direction. ;)

swordfish
03-11-2010, 02:10 PM
I see that. I'm trying to give him direction. ;)
I sent him a PM told him to call me and I would try to help him.

jonroe
03-11-2010, 03:25 PM
I have nothing against them but this is not the place given the prominence of this show and the hard work we have done to separate ourselves and gain some recognition.

vkirkend
03-11-2010, 06:01 PM
Only if they are separate and not intermingled with us.............

MERCMAN
03-11-2010, 06:30 PM
I will not be able to make it, but,,,Carlilse is not just "another car show" At the risk of being called elitist, I think that we need to separate ourselves from the CV.

That being said,, the members that have worked behind the scenes to make this happen for the MM community need to be consulted on this point. Their hard work to get us our own class for the first time was no small feat. If the "movers and shakers" for this meet agree to it, I think we should allow it.

Just my .02

gdmjoe
03-11-2010, 06:32 PM
Have been @ CrownVic.net since 2001 and here since 2003, however, voted No.

Ms. Denmark
03-11-2010, 06:43 PM
This is not to slam any one on CVN, but this is our premiere car show and our first year with our own class. Paul and others have worked very hard to make it happen. We need to maintain our independence as Marauders. I voted no. (That said, the CVN guys are welcome to stop by any time, as far as I'm concerned.)

Blackened300a
03-11-2010, 08:42 PM
I posted up on CVN that I will help them with contacts and things like that, but I don't feel that we need them to build up our numbers or to take up our limited parking space. I already received the tent registration form and we are once again signed up for a free tent due to last years participation. Im also going to put in a order for a few tables under our tent to help with our BBQ and other things I will have planned out.

I didnt want to come off sounding rude to the CVN guys and tell them no way as soon as the question was posed. I wanted the feedback from the fellow members to see if they feel the same way I do.

CVN doesn't support thier members like MM.net does so thats another reason I don't agree for another car club to reap the benefits of those who support this site.
Ill be sure to post up that MM.net would prefer to be parked with fellow members and Marauder owners. Im sure if they had thier act together over there, they wouldnt want us involved with thier event either.

BTW, According to Carlisles registration form, Class #178 03-04 Mercury Marauder (All) :banana:
Im guessing that once more pre-registrations come in, they will split the class like we want. :D

Shoman594
03-11-2010, 08:59 PM
Carlisle is THE primer Ford show. You are not going to find anything like it.

On the same token we have the same thing with the "regular" taurus guys or non SHO's. We prefer to be separated too, they can be next to us but in a different class.

jabird56
03-11-2010, 09:00 PM
Since we got our own class this year, I think we need to be one consolidated MM group. I voted Nay

I to agree with the MM.NET subsidizing the group, we need to honor that commitment to the MARAUDER CLAN.

Joe Walsh
03-12-2010, 07:19 AM

LOL....I'm glad that I'm not the only one who felt this way.

I have nothing against them but this is not the place given the prominence of this show and the hard work we have done to separate ourselves and gain some recognition.

I will not be able to make it, but,,,Carlilse is not just "another car show" At the risk of being called elitist, I think that we need to separate ourselves from the CV.

That being said,, the members that have worked behind the scenes to make this happen for the MM community need to be consulted on this point. Their hard work to get us our own class for the first time was no small feat. If the "movers and shakers" for this meet agree to it, I think we should allow it.

Just my .02

This is not to slam any one on CVN, but this is our premiere car show and our first year with our own class. Paul and others have worked very hard to make it happen. We need to maintain our independence as Marauders. I voted no. (That said, the CVN guys are welcome to stop by any time, as far as I'm concerned.)

Agreed!

Besides, this might be a trick so that they can pilfer Marauder specific parts!....:D

massacre
03-12-2010, 07:32 AM
I voted no FWIW

Dark_Knight7096
03-12-2010, 07:36 AM
Everyone says something to the effect of, "don't wanna sound like a (insert prejoritive here) but..." Guys we already are seen as jerks or tools or elitest on the CVN and Grand Marq forums. I hear nothing but MM guys think their poo doesn't stink and they need to get off their high horses and I'm always vehemently defending you guys. While I agree, we fought really hard to get our own class, CVN has some members that really want to come but they can't really afford, and don't have the member showing, to get their own tent. This is why I am torn as well because I do agree with what all of you are saying that we fought hard to get our own class and that this is the first time that we do have our own legitimate class and by having them in with us that it may further confuse the general public about what an MM is because, as many of you have already said, our cars are often confused for hot rod Vics or GMs, but at the same time it just feels wrong to snub them so to speak.

MM03MOK
03-12-2010, 08:35 AM
Is one required to have a tent to attend/register/be a part of Carlisle? I wouldn't think so. A tent is only so big. Is it first come first served for parking if you don't have a tent? If so, all they have to do is coordinate arrival so they can park together. They can solve this themselves if they court their own membership. If there isn't the interest, there isn't interest. As I recall, one can pay for a tent too.

I'm thrilled that through the efforts of Paul and those attending prior years have made this such a great event. It didn't all happen in one year but is the result of passion and planning, with many helping hands. If we can do it, they can do it too.

SMOKE
03-12-2010, 08:47 AM
No.

All it takes for success at this type of stuff is 2 things: 1) individuals with a passion for the vehicle and 2) deep appreciation for the event. We’ve got both and that is just plain luck. I, for one, enjoy this event thoroughly and is has most to do with everyone else around me that weekend.

If you don’t have the enthusiasm brought by the members or an appreciation for the event you will not have the money, momentum or attendance necessary to have a “big” time of it. It is no big deal, just not your year so-to-speak. Things can and do change so in 2011 CVN can be all over this weekend as I’m sure they have been in the past.

Our good fortune comes from a year of planning that starts the day after the event, a motivated group of automotive enthusiasts, a good region of the country rich with members and cool cars; and a good host website. All things that CVN can have and we can’t subsidize.

There isn’t a single person I’ve seen at this event that would deny someone a cool drink and some welcome shade if needed. I just don’t think we can do it en masse for some of the same reasons already mentioned in this thread.

[/.02]

Jonathan

DOOM
03-12-2010, 09:04 AM
Well said smokie. :beer:

a_d_a_m
03-12-2010, 09:43 AM
CVN has some members that really want to come but they can't really afford, and don't have the member showing, to get their own tent. I think CVN would have the membership to attend if it weren't for the STAP meet being planned for 2 weeks after Carlisle. 46 people are already registered for it at CVN.

Vacation time and money being two things I'd like more of, I was forced to choose one of the following:
1. going on my first tour of the plant where my Marauder was made before the doors to that plant close for good
2. going to Carlisle, which will assumedly be around in 2011

I'd bet at least 10 CVNers were also forced to make this difficult decision.

LeoVampire
03-12-2010, 12:45 PM
Seeing this will be my first Ford event @ Carlisle and my first time meeting a lot of you and having my Marauder next to so many others I have to admit I want it to be a unique and memorable time for me.

It may sound selfish but our car's are special, special enough where so many are trying to make coppies of them as best as possable with their CV's and GM's.

So many have worked hard at getting stuff made just for our cars and many have bought them to display on our Marauder's. And I do not want that unique look deminished with the other cars parked along with us.

Have them infront of us or behind us and a class of their own. Have thier own judging. I doubt I would win a trophy but I would still like to have a better chance being along side your guys than being with a ton of Panthers.

Just my feelings about it.

RF Overlord
03-12-2010, 03:47 PM
Whether we appear elitist or snobbish to the CVN folks is not the point here. The Marauder IS more special than a CV or GM. We have members who worked hard to establish us at Carlisle and we also have leadership that supports all the members and gives back to the club. If CVN, with their much larger membership, can't drum up the money or the interest for a lousy tent, then I'm sorry. I voted no.

DOOM
03-12-2010, 04:03 PM
Paul I think you have your answer now.

Blackened300a
03-12-2010, 04:14 PM
Paul I think you have your answer now.

I had my answer all set to go as soon as the question was posed to me, but I know there are members here on both sites and I didn't want to make a executive decision without the voice of the fellow members.

I already posted on CVN that it will be MercuryMarauder.net members only in our registration process and parking area.
One of their members picked up the ball and is going to try to get something going over there. I offered my help in anyway I can.

FreddieH
03-12-2010, 06:27 PM
Ya never know when ya might have to dance with a Donk Vic.

SMOKE
03-13-2010, 08:56 AM
One of their members picked up the ball and is going to try to get something going over there. I offered my help in anyway I can.

If the STAP event is any evidence then it is clear CVN knows how to get it done. I'll help too if it is of any value.

Best,
J

Ms. Denmark
03-13-2010, 09:19 AM
I'm thrilled that through the efforts of Paul and those attending prior years have made this such a great event. It didn't all happen in one year but is the result of passion and planning, with many helping hands. If we can do it, they can do it too.

No.

All it takes for success at this type of stuff is 2 things: 1) individuals with a passion for the vehicle and 2) deep appreciation for the event. We’ve got both and that is just plain luck. I, for one, enjoy this event thoroughly and is has most to do with everyone else around me that weekend.

Our good fortune comes from a year of planning that starts the day after the event, a motivated group of automotive enthusiasts, a good region of the country rich with members and cool cars; and a good host website. All things that CVN can have and we can’t subsidize.

There isn’t a single person I’ve seen at this event that would deny someone a cool drink and some welcome shade if needed. I just don’t think we can do it en masse for some of the same reasons already mentioned in this thread.

[/.02]

Jonathan+1^^^^^ It's great to have articulate members like Bunny, Bob (RF Overloard), Jonathan and so many more, who seem to read my mind! LOL Well said all!

bobsawyer7
03-13-2010, 09:23 AM
I can't get to the event but here's my 2cents anyway.
As an owner of both a Marauder and a CV I wouldn't want to see them together.

DOOM
03-15-2010, 09:05 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Zcg2pL6otWw&feature=PlayList&p=7B963763EF5B2417&playnext=1&playnext_from=PL&index=48
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lc79ELKzpzY&feature=PlayList&p=7B963763EF5B2417&index=49

justbob
03-15-2010, 09:10 AM
Thats some great footage of Kentucky!!!

What's on your mind today Jake??? LOL Go'in for those elusive 38's?

DOOM
03-15-2010, 09:12 AM
These guys will be at carlisle!

DOOM
03-15-2010, 10:31 PM
Thats some great footage of Kentucky!!!

What's on your mind today Jake??? LOL Go'in for those elusive 38's?

Did you see the black & purple marauder?

n3fvg
03-17-2010, 02:13 AM

I would stay away...this group is filled with a#$holes starting from the top!