PDA

View Full Version : Streak Free Shine

MiltownCvLx
03-12-2010, 09:47 PM
After using several different window washing products (armor all, windex, invisible glass and several other unmentionables) I just cant get a streak free shine. They all look fine from the outside but the minute you sit in the car and turn into the sun or get glare on the window you can see all kinds of nasty streaks. Has anybody else had and solved this problem, and if so with what product/method?

ImpalaSlayer
03-12-2010, 09:51 PM
After using several different window washing products (armor all, windex, invisible glass and several other unmentionables) I just cant get a streak free shine. They all look fine from the outside but the minute you sit in the car and turn into the sun or get glare on the window you can see all kinds of nasty streaks. Has anybody else had and solved this problem, and if so with what product/method?

im right there with ya man, it but be operator error, atleast for me. i just let my buddy do it now lol, i hate trying to clean windows

guspech750
03-12-2010, 09:55 PM
Most of the time I use a dry cotton lint free cloth. Since most of the time the windows develop a slight haze it wipes right off.

wx4caster
03-12-2010, 10:00 PM
Most of the time I use a dry cotton lint free cloth. Since most of the time the windows develop a slight haze it wipes right off.
^^^^^+1 I like using an old tee shirt.

B.C. Bake
03-12-2010, 10:05 PM

I'm kind of the same way, but I spray Windex all over the windshield wipe it all around with my hand, and the trick is to "squeegee the window" then wipe any remaining with a clean old t shirt. Works for me.:)

MiltownCvLx
03-12-2010, 10:11 PM
Thx for the help, im just OCD about my car being clean

Bigdogjim
03-12-2010, 11:24 PM
Try using a newpaper to clean off the windex:)

ctrlraven
03-13-2010, 01:09 AM
Rain-X Glass Cleaner. Anything claiming streak free has some form of alcohol in it which helps make it streak free. Windex just in the past few years started added alcohol to their formula.

Dealing with DUI drivers and them having vehicle breathalyzers I've study a wide range of products to confirm they have alcohol or not, as far as glass cleaners I've found the Rain-X Glass Cleaner seems to work really well as long as you fan as you spray it since it only needs a little bit to clean.

musclemerc
03-13-2010, 06:05 AM
I use an Absorber chamois (it's made from a rubber material) and a window cloth. Wipe with the moist chamois then follow with the cloth. I will send you a pic of the cloth, it's not microfiber it's a super fine ribbed material that say's not to use on hot windows or use in direct sunlight. It works great!

SC Cheesehead
03-13-2010, 08:24 AM
Try using a newpaper to clean off the windex:)

^^^^^ What BDJ said ^^^^^ except I use Sparkle glass cleaner and newspaper.

LeoVampire
03-13-2010, 10:19 AM
Clear white Vineger, Amonia and water in a squirt bottle.

Ya it smells a bit but it really works and just use paper towels. No streaking and does the job right off the bat without having to go over it again.

I have yet been able to find a cleaner you buy that you do not have to repeat use with to get the windows clean the first time around.

DOOM
03-13-2010, 10:21 AM
I use invisible glass with great results! :coolman:

bawazir
03-13-2010, 10:22 AM
This might sound crazy but it worked for me.
I used a clay bar with wax spray . wipe it down, and now it is clean as new

guspech750
03-13-2010, 10:26 AM
Makes sence. Since the clay bar was made to clean your cars paint, why should it not be able to clean a clear piece of glass.

ctrlraven
03-13-2010, 11:00 AM
I've used Ajax on auto glass before, does an awesome job on the windshield.

Kennyrauder
03-13-2010, 11:09 AM
Tee shirt or micro fiber to clean & polish. Paper towels will only make things worse. Water & vinegar.

Mr. Man
03-13-2010, 12:41 PM
Grandma used vinegar/water solution and newspaper to clean the house glass and they always looked super clean to me.

napolitano
03-13-2010, 05:15 PM
I use eagle one streak-free window cleaner for the inside and out. Then I come back with a product Zaino has to eliminate the spotting on the outsides. Works greats especially for dark windows.

boatmangc
03-13-2010, 06:40 PM
Microfiber with vinegar and water, just damp, then follow with a dry microfiber.

Clay works great on windows, wheels too

CanadaMarauder
03-15-2010, 08:51 PM
I use Windex and Newspaper

Dragcity
03-15-2010, 09:31 PM
Castle Streak Free aerosal, paper towels, finish with terry cloth towel. Blow off lint with compressed air.

This stuff smells great and does a nice job. I think it is a local product....

Matt In Detroit
03-16-2010, 05:00 AM
I use this spray glass cleaner that we found at Sams club, its called Sprayway

http://www.samsclub.com/sams/shop/product.jsp?productId=165019&navAction

This stuff is the best, leaves no residue, leaves glass perfect, and wont kill you with fumes when you are in the back seat doing a back window.

MM2004
03-16-2010, 05:36 AM
20/20 Glass Cleaner at your local FLAPS.

Cheapest paper towels you can find. (they don't leave fibers behind like the good ones)

;)

Mike.

rocko112869
04-04-2010, 06:14 AM
Invisible glass or sprayway is good!...try using a magic eraser first then use your glass cleaner. i will also rip a little piece of my claybar off and use it on the glass with glass cleaner as the lubricant i just dont use that piece on the paint again but that takes time!

J-MAN
04-04-2010, 06:18 AM
I use huck(surgical) towels and Stoners IG, works for me. Sometimes they just have to be done twice. Do it in the sunlight, just a smaller section at a time, that way you don't miss the streaks.

DTUB
04-04-2010, 01:41 PM
I use Invisible Glass but I wipe the outside vertical and the inside horizontal so you can see which side is streaked.

J-MAN
04-04-2010, 02:02 PM
I use Invisible Glass but I wipe the outside vertical and the inside horizontal so you can see which side is streaked.

Good tip!!

CrownVictorious
04-05-2010, 11:40 PM
the vinegar water solution is an excellent idea. it does smell but it will be the clearest glass youll get.

Windex is not bad either. To get a very streak free shine after using windex lightly to clean.... towel it dry, then get a clean dry towel (paper, microfiber or other) and lightly buff the window if there are any streaks they will come right out and nice, clear and crisp.

Mike
04-06-2010, 03:00 AM
i use invisible glass with great results! :coolman:

^^^^+1^^^^

irish
04-06-2010, 08:21 AM
take it from an "ole timer", use windex, invisble glass etc. BUT use "newspaper" to clean it off, no streaks, we used this method long ago before paper towels etc.:beer: