PDA

View Full Version : Kooks install in Los Angeles

studio460
11-12-2003, 02:25 PM
Yeah, I'm ready to shoot the guy that did my first exhaust install. Sloppy work AND expensive. REAL expensive. Anyway, I'm so pissed, I'm gonna rip it all out and redo the entire exhaust with the RIGHT shop. You all know what I want . . . a clean install, pretty welds, quality workmanship . . . Anyone that finds a good shop in L.A. that won't rape me, lemme know!

RocketCouch
11-14-2003, 07:27 PM
Ralph: Check out Chips muffler in Simi. I know they aren't in LA, but they have done the best work so far on my cars.

Tim R.
09-04-2004, 03:39 AM
Glad to see some neighbors (Los Angeles and Simi Valley) on this forum .. I was hoping someone knows a good shop to get chipped and 4.10 gears installed in the Northridge or Simi Valley area

I've been holding off on getting these mods for so long it seems..
any info will be appreciated

thanks,
Tim

RocketCouch
09-05-2004, 12:55 PM
Tim:

Check out Blue Oval Chips: www.blueovalchips.com and tell him Chris sent you.

He is a SCT licensed tuner and has treated me well. Also check out Mark Luton: www.modularmustangracing.com He should be able to do a gear install for you.

studio460
09-05-2004, 09:05 PM
Tim:

Check out Blue Oval Chips: www.blueovalchips.com and tell him Chris sent you. He is a SCT licensed tuner and has treated me well..Hey Chris!
Sounds great, but I sure would like to find a LOCAL SCT-trained tuner. If I could find a Southern California shop familiar with the SCT tuner software that I could visit for retunes and tweaks, that would be awesome! JBA Racing's still a bit of a drive for us Angelenos. And, yeah, I know, I STILL owe you a video!

MM03MOK
09-05-2004, 09:37 PM
Hey Chris!
Sounds great, but I sure would like to find a LOCAL SCT-trained tuner. If I could find a Southern California shop familiar with the SCT tuner software that I could visit for retunes and tweaks, that would be awesome! JBA Racing's still a bit of a drive for us Angelenos. And, yeah, I know, I STILL owe you a video!NBC - put your zip code in and see what comes up.
Find a Dealer http://www.sctflash.com/main.php

ParkRanger
09-07-2004, 03:48 PM
Hey Chris!
Sounds great, but I sure would like to find a LOCAL SCT-trained tuner. If I could find a Southern California shop familiar with the SCT tuner software that I could visit for retunes and tweaks, that would be awesome! JBA Racing's still a bit of a drive for us Angelenos. And, yeah, I know, I STILL owe you a video!

Shooter:

I had all my mods put in at Sunrise Ford in North Hollywood (including SCT tuning of the chip) Work was fantastic. Took it back when Dennis redid the tuners and they again did a great job. When I do Stage 2 early next year they will also install.

PR :burnout:

JamesHecker
09-07-2004, 08:34 PM
Ask for my buddy Mike at Sunrise Ford in North Hollywood. He is an outstanding guy and has treated my Marauder very, very well as he has handled all the mods I've done. Feel free to PM me and I'll give you his phone number and make an introduction.

I got Dennis Reinhart's chip along with the Denso plugs and Stat, the driveshaft, PI tourque converter, and motorcraft 4:10's. Mike took care of it all for me.

RocketCouch
09-08-2004, 02:57 PM
Hey Chris!
JBA Racing's still a bit of a drive for us Angelenos. And, yeah, I know, I STILL owe you a video!

Yeah you do

Shoot me an email and we'll meet up. I think I still have all those damn stickers from the last tune ;)

studio460
09-29-2004, 01:42 AM
Yeah you do . . . Shoot me an email and we'll meet up. I think I still have all those damn stickers from the last tune ;)Damnit, Chris! I can't believe I missed your post about Jerry coming to JBA again--boy do I need a retune (still pinging!!!). I just haven't been able to get on the board as often these past couple months. Chris, we gotta hook up soon--just give me a call 818.535.4743.

Constable
01-27-2005, 12:05 AM
NBC Shooter --- I don't know if you already got your install done, but check this out! CLICKY CLICKY (http://www.slponline.com/view_product.asp?P=31062)

SLP has just released their NEW line of universal LoudMouth mufflers. I had bought the last two 'original' loud mouths in 11-03. The new style is all stainless steel and has "SLP" embossed in the body. Real slick. I knew how bad you wanted them, so I figured I'd let you know.