PDA

View Full Version : New Trilogy in SE MN

mnxtrik8r
03-16-2010, 08:02 PM
After a long, long time I finally pulled the trigger on a Trilogy for the MM. I CANT WAIT!!!!!! Pics to follow.:banana2:

ImpalaSlayer
03-16-2010, 08:09 PM
congratz man. boots is fun, your going to be wondering why the hell you didnt do this years ago!

guspech750
03-16-2010, 08:11 PM
congratz man. boots is fun, your going to be wondering why the hell you didnt do this years ago!
Maybe you should get lasik....:lol:

Congrats on making me jealous.

Taemian
03-17-2010, 11:01 AM
Congrats, and start saving for widened rear rims!:D

DOOM
03-17-2010, 11:22 AM
Another trilogized beast soon to be on the prowl!

:congrats:

RoyLPita
03-17-2010, 12:54 PM
What Kit number are you?

mnxtrik8r
03-19-2010, 01:30 PM
Looks like #214. Just got the info and it looks like this is my number.

breeze
03-19-2010, 01:33 PM
shoot, ill prolly wound out being #275.lol

merc
03-19-2010, 01:44 PM
shoot, ill prolly wound out being #275.lol

By the time you get a Trilogy Supercharger kit gasoline engines would be obsolete . Your best bet is to look forward to another federal assistance program. :)

breeze
03-19-2010, 01:49 PM
well hopfully in 2yrs ill have a number.lol

crouse
03-19-2010, 02:24 PM
If you need help, I'm sure Jeremy and I could swing down to help some Saturday.

justbob
03-19-2010, 03:32 PM
#118 stopping in to say congrats!

mnxtrik8r
03-19-2010, 07:53 PM
Thanks for the offer . We'll see when it shows up. It was kinda funny, after I got home from working my 24 hr shift, I went across the street and picked the car up from storage, drove it to my garage and let it sit. After awhile I thought maybe I'll just go drain the coolant for now. Well one thing led to another next thing I know the top is stripped, ready to grind the knock sensor bosses, and start the install. Things went way too well. The EGR tube came off in about 2 minutes. I had made a copy of the install manual so I could get an early start.The manchild ( my son) and I decided we would put fresh plugs in it tonite while we are waiting, cleaned the throttle body,IAC valve, and some other small jobs. He's having a blast turning wrenches with Dad. ( He gets his license in about a month ) The gauge pod has been modified, so it should just be a matter of doing some reassembly and go have some fun. Have a great weekend!

DEFYANT
03-19-2010, 08:08 PM
Thanks for the offer . We'll see when it shows up. It was kinda funny, after I got home from working my 24 hr shift, I went across the street and picked the car up from storage, drove it to my garage and let it sit. After awhile I thought maybe I'll just go drain the coolant for now. Well one thing led to another next thing I know the top is stripped, ready to grind the knock sensor bosses, and start the install. Things went way too well. The EGR tube came off in about 2 minutes. I had made a copy of the install manual so I could get an early start.The manchild ( my son) and I decided we would put fresh plugs in it tonite while we are waiting, cleaned the throttle body,IAC valve, and some other small jobs. He's having a blast turning wrenches with Dad. ( He gets his license in about a month ) The gauge pod has been modified, so it should just be a matter of doing some reassembly and go have some fun. Have a great weekend!

Awesome story. Congrats on the Trilogy. You will not be sorry! Strongly consider a dyno tune from a reputable shop to get the most out of it.

Keep us update on the progress.

TAKEDOWN
03-19-2010, 10:28 PM
Congrats on the extra power, I'm sure you'll have no regrets!

mnxtrik8r
03-21-2010, 06:10 PM
Well I'm at the point of reassembly. Spent some time this weekend cleaning the engine bay, grinding down the knock sensor bosses, opening up the PDC, accessing the fuel pump wiring for the BAP, etc. All I need now is for the kit to show up. So far the project has gone extremely smooth. Hopefully the rest goes the same.

Glenn
03-21-2010, 08:10 PM
Good luck with the install - now do the right thing and buy a 3.0 pulley before you get a tune. It's a new car with the 3.0. Every Trilogy needs to be over 400 HP.

Glenn Ford :beer:

Gryphonzus
03-21-2010, 10:19 PM
Someday soon I hope to join the club. But for now I just sit back and drool over what ya'll have done. Keep up the good work!!! :banana2:

FiveO
03-29-2010, 06:44 PM
Another Trilogy in Minnesota...very nice!

Congrats on the purchase!

jdando
03-29-2010, 07:45 PM
We need an update! Temperatures in the 60/70's are coming! Ice out is days away!

mnxtrik8r
03-31-2010, 05:02 PM
As we speak the kit is enroute.I am waiting on parts at this time. All is disassembled, cleaned, machined, etc.awaiting reassembly.This warm weather is not helping matters any. I was counting on a good March storm to buy me a few days assembly time. Oh well no biggie. As soon as it does get done it's time for a little drive time to relearn the car. I'm thinking the cool nights will make it feel pretty decent. Time will tell. When it does show, I'll snap and post some pics. Thanks all.

GAMike
03-31-2010, 05:40 PM
You will absolutely love it in cooler air. I used to get bored with my cars. I've had mine for 11 mos. now and it still commands my respect.

That the highest compliment I think you can give a car.:burnout:

mnxtrik8r
04-04-2010, 06:08 PM
As of Saturday AM,4/3 the kit was packed and leaving Detroit enroute to SE Minnesota via UPS. ETA is Wednesday or so. This warm weather may require an all nighter to get this thing on the road. I can't wait!!!!!!! Details to follow.

jdando
04-04-2010, 06:30 PM
:banana:Happy Dance!:banana:

Local Boy
04-04-2010, 07:46 PM
Oh, the anticipation of BOOST is intoxicating...!

Best of luck with the install...!

Aloha

crouse
04-06-2010, 10:51 AM
It would be great if you could make it to the All Ford Car Show at Apple Valley Ford on Sunday June 6th.

If the weather is good, there will be over 400 cars there.

Watch for a thread about 1 month before the show date.

Here is a thread from the 2009 show.
http://www.mercurymarauder.net/forums/showthread.php?t=52810

Thanks,
Curt

mnxtrik8r
04-06-2010, 03:13 PM
Just got the automated call from UPS. The packages are slated for delivery sometime tomorrow between noon and 7 PM. So I called the local depot,gave her the tracking numbers and the packages can be picked up at 10 A.M. What that means for me is that by 10:30 AM I'll be doing the final assembly.http://www.motorcitymarauders.com/forums/images/smilies/burnout.gif

jdando
04-06-2010, 05:22 PM
Excellent!

Bradley G
04-06-2010, 05:27 PM
Awesome! :burnout:

FiveO
04-08-2010, 05:03 PM
Very nice....early congrats :)

Cobra25
04-08-2010, 05:23 PM
Congrats! Your going too have alot of fun, but I'm sure you know that already. .

mnxtrik8r
04-09-2010, 07:08 PM
Finished upate this afteroon. It lit right up and ran beautifully. The only thing left is to install the gauge pack. I cheated and used a test gauge to cap the line.I didn't drive it, just ran it in the garage to circulate fluids ,bring it up to temp. etc. Back to work tomorrow AM. Tonight it is entertain a group of kids for a birthday party / sleepover. ( I really should be out in the garage Hahaha). Hopefully Sunday I can finish the gauge pack, recheck all bolts,etc, then it's time for a test drive! More to follow.

jdando
04-09-2010, 07:11 PM
Its alive!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !

mnxtrik8r
04-11-2010, 07:12 PM
Took it for a drive late this afternoon. Too bad the fuel quality from last fall prevented me from experiencing full boost. From a dead stop I am experiencing light detonation so I have opted to drive it easy until the level drops and I can fill with fresh fuel. So far it has been pretty impressive. My son thinks it's just plain cool.(The answer is still no, you can't drive it to school). After installing several centrifugal kits on the Mustangs in the late 80s and early 90s this kit was a pleasure to install as there was no fabrication,shimming,or cobbling,required. The only troubles if you can call them that is that the coolant pump for the charge cooler was dropped in shipping and had broken the brush plate on the back toward the edge of the plate. The other was I didn't recieve the decals or nameplate. The driveability is spot on so far. Hopefully this week I can get out and put a few miles on it to burn the old fuel and learn what the car will be like now. More to follow. :2thumbs: