PDA

View Full Version : Bigger MAF choices?

Taemian
03-17-2010, 10:08 PM
Hi guys,

I need to go bigger with my MAF sensor according to my datalogging. Are there any units that are basically plug and play? I understand the SCT 2800 and 3000 are direct replacement for the Termi Cobras and Lightnings.

What are you guys using with your Trilogy? Mine's looking like it's hungry for more air at the top end.;)

dohc324ci
03-17-2010, 10:53 PM
I am running the SCT BA 3000 plenty of air.

FordNut
03-18-2010, 06:02 AM
Nothing is plug and play. You will need a tune because of the different operating range.

If you have the relocated IAT you may have a few more options for a replacement.

A SCT BA2600 worked for me when I had way over 600 rwhp. It was 4" (90 mm) so it didn't directly replace the stock 3.5" (80 mm) one.

What's wrong in the datalogs? Is it pegging?

-Matt-
03-18-2010, 06:08 AM
Im running a BA3000

Taemian
03-18-2010, 09:17 AM
Nothing is plug and play. You will need a tune because of the different operating range.

If you have the relocated IAT you may have a few more options for a replacement.

A SCT BA2600 worked for me when I had way over 600 rwhp. It was 4" (90 mm) so it didn't directly replace the stock 3.5" (80 mm) one.

What's wrong in the datalogs? Is it pegging?

Yes, I realize I'll need a tune, I meant no splicing or wiring harness issues. My next step to more hp is not adding major new stuff, but using what's there more to the best extent without overstressing anything.

I have a useable tune as the car sits now, but I know there is more in it since Dave's old MM had identical mods and we got ALOT more out of a new Sniper tune.

I'm going to go with a bigger MAF since it was pegging in the datalogs here at sea level, get the throttle body/plenum polished and port-matched, and see how close the injectors (from the Tril kit) are to full duty cycle.

I'm confident that a better tune and the mods should wake things up a bit.

-Matt-
03-18-2010, 09:27 AM
from what i know, the BA3000 that i got plugs into the stock MAF harness

Taemian
03-18-2010, 09:29 AM
from what i know, the BA3000 that i got plugs into the stock MAF harness

That's what I thought, since it fits the Termi Mustangs and Lightnings. I think that's the way I'll go unless I hear of any other options here..