PDA

View Full Version : nitrous tunes

bocat187
03-18-2010, 01:08 PM
who has the best nitrous tunes. and can they send to me

Pat
03-18-2010, 05:31 PM
bocat187;

I posted more info in your other thread.

Nitrous tunes cannot be separated from a basic performance tune without a dyno, IMO. Because there are too many variables. Most tuners won't change their "canned" tunes without the dyno anyway.

My suggestion is to install your nitrous system, use a basic performance tune from one of our vendors and then immediatly get to a reputable dyno shop and have the whole package integrated. Otherwise you may not be happy.

A spark plug change is necessary regardless, one or two steps colder with solid copper electrode. Platinum will melt with a nitrous application.

A wet system like ZEX or NOS is the perferred setup for street/strip up to 100 shot on stock internal engine parts. Use a traction control device to time the firiing of the nitrous.

This is just for starters. Fuel pressure may have to be increased too.

bocat187
03-18-2010, 07:27 PM
thanks pat will bigger injectors help me

Pat
03-18-2010, 07:43 PM
Probably not with your current mod's. A really big nitrous system 125+ shot or a supercharger/turbocharger would require an injector change.

bocat187
03-18-2010, 07:46 PM
Probably not with your current mod's. A really big nitrous system 125+ shot or a supercharger/turbocharger would require an injector change.
thanks do u know where i can get a tune from for the nitrous or i just need to dyno

Pat
03-18-2010, 07:53 PM
Since your in South Carolina there are two Marauder clubs local to you. The Southern Marauders and the Carolina Marauders. Each have their own forum on this website. Give them a shout.