PDA

View Full Version : Now I know why....

SpartaPerformance
03-21-2010, 08:56 PM
...CVN members have no place to go for Carlisle. It's been a week and a half since I contacted their administrators to become a sponsor and I haven't received a response yet. They SUCK and I feel bad for all the members there. They need new leadership

justbob
03-21-2010, 09:01 PM
This is all I ever hear. You would think they would like to have another vendor with a good background?

ntd
03-21-2010, 09:17 PM
It took me almost a month to get approved to be a member on there site.

a_d_a_m
03-21-2010, 10:02 PM
http://www.mercurymarauder.net/forums/showpost.php?p=880888&postcount=19

CVN doesn't suck, regardless of the horror stories you hear here. Great community, great people, and the information there made it possible for me to save $800 on one car repair by giving me the know-how to do it myself (something that the Haynes/Chilton manuals did not cover in enough depth and something I did not feel comfortable doing myself).

dohc324ci
03-21-2010, 10:07 PM
I am on there as well; not as much as here but do have an account there. Sold some stuff to some members there. My experience there's been pretty positive. Now there version of their sites seems a little clunky and kludgy...IMO

Blackened300a
03-22-2010, 05:20 AM
Good people, good info, bad leadership. They don't really support their members over there with meets and things member related. Im not sure what they have in store for their STAP meet, but they do not support their members at Carlisle.

Some of their members have called us stuck up because we own a Marauder and look down upon their cars. Maybe the pride we have for our great car club makes them jealous. ;)

CBT
03-22-2010, 05:35 AM
Good people, good info, bad leadership. They don't really support their members over there with meets and things member related. Im not sure what they have in store for their STAP meet, but they do not support their members at Carlisle.

Some of their members have called us stuck up because we own a Marauder and look down upon their cars. Maybe the pride we have for our great car club makes them jealous. ;)

The coolness of the Marauder mechanic shirts cannot be duplicated, therefore, they be hatin'. :beer:

Blackened300a
03-22-2010, 05:39 AM
The coolness of the Marauder mechanic shirts cannot be duplicated, therefore, they be hatin'. :beer:

I agree, maybe the MM.net skull cap with modified evil Godhead will really set us apart. ;)

CBT
03-22-2010, 05:45 AM
I agree, maybe the MM.net skull cap with modified evil Godhead will really set us apart. ;)
Someone did a badass drawing, actually a couple, of a skull with Mercury's hat on it, what ever happened to that? It was about a year ago, maybe 2.

Blackened300a
03-22-2010, 05:47 AM
Someone did a badass drawing, actually a couple, of a skull with Mercury's hat on it, what ever happened to that? It was about a year ago, maybe 2.

Some people were critical to the design and it was scrapped.

-Matt-
03-22-2010, 05:58 AM

We need to make it a "Misfit Member" version :cool4:

Krytin
03-22-2010, 07:52 AM

I'm working on some new art work of the skull w/winged helmet in profile and full face (maybe a flamed version as well).

CBT
03-22-2010, 07:53 AM
I'm working on some new art work of the skull w/winged helmet in profile and full face (maybe a flamed version as well).

Ooooo, get busy!!!:beer:

babbage
03-22-2010, 10:20 AM

CVN doesn't suck, regardless of the horror stories you hear here. Great community, great people, and the information there made it possible for me to save $800 on one car repair by giving me the know-how to do it myself (something that the Haynes/Chilton manuals did not cover in enough depth and something I did not feel comfortable doing myself).

Which repair was that?

a_d_a_m
03-22-2010, 11:06 AM
Which repair was that? Timing chain tensioners and guides :beer:

Dealer quoted ~$1000ish to do the job, parts were only 200 so I bit the bullet and did it myself.

justbob
03-22-2010, 12:21 PM
Takedown did the drawing, and I tried to push the idea. It ended not so well....

SpartaPerformance
03-22-2010, 05:46 PM

I didn't say CVN sucked. It seems their leaders are just not too into helping their members out like the admin's hereon MM.net

a_d_a_m
03-22-2010, 07:11 PM
I didn't say CVN sucked. I misunderstood you then.

They SUCK and I feel bad for all the members there.

Either way, I already posted a response from Steve S., hopefully you clicked and read it.

SpartaPerformance
03-23-2010, 06:11 PM
I misunderstood you then.

Either way, I already posted a response from Steve S., hopefully you clicked and read it.

They as in the people running it.