PDA

View Full Version : New Community Forum

TAF
11-13-2003, 04:59 PM
With all the new members/owners coming onboard...I suggest we create a "New Owner Lounge" which would contain the best threads involving the 100s of topics that have been discussed to a conclusion on the board. This way, there would be a specific area for them to search instead of having to use the "Search Box" and get 2,000 threads that contain the word "driveshaft".

Long-time members can help build the area (once it is created) by importing pertinent threads to specific new owner subjects/questions.

Just my thoughts...

dwasson
11-13-2003, 05:26 PM
Do we explain MartyO or do we just let the newbies figure it out on their own?

TAF
11-13-2003, 05:38 PM
Originally posted by dwasson

You makin' friends all over the place Marty :lol:

Naw...they can figure him out in 3-4 sentences...and maybe...just maybe some of the newbies will see what an easy target he is.

jgc61sr2002
11-13-2003, 05:45 PM
Todd - Sounds like a good idea.:up:

kurly
11-13-2003, 05:56 PM
GOOD IDEA . . . PROVIDES FOCUS FOR NEW OWNER CONCERNS.

Agent M79
11-13-2003, 05:59 PM
Todd... Hmmm.

You mean a place where Frequently Asked Questions would be assembled with answers so that newbie (and oldbies alike) could seek wisdom?

That's a GREAT IDEA! Now all we need is a catchy TLA (three letter acronym) to sum it all up.

Hmmmmmm....

(Grandpa said, "It's better to be a smart ass than a dumb ass!")

TAF
11-13-2003, 06:03 PM
Originally posted by Agent M79
Todd... Hmmm.

You mean a place where Frequently Asked Questions would be assembled with answers so that newbie (and oldbies alike) could seek wisdom?

Yeah, but frankly...the FAQ hasn't been updated in eons...
Plus...there is a TON of knowledge in the individual experiences, opinions and responses in certain, specific threads that were invaluable to us that watched them materialize and would be helpful to new folks.

Agent M79
11-13-2003, 06:13 PM
TAF,

You are right, of course. I am not in disagreement, just being my usual bafoonish self.

I have had some problems with search zeroing on what I need as well... especially 3 letter stuff like "TSB" and "XM RADIO" and stuff like that.

The pat response is "Search" before asking and I do try to do that but I've probably had a 75% to 80% success ratio finding stuff I know is there.

Sounds like a big job though but I can tell you the whole "speakers" thread was invaluable to me.

martyo
11-13-2003, 06:14 PM
Man Todd, what a winderful idea. I am sure Logan (I hear he has a real job) will just love this idea that you have created which will no doubt lead to more work on his part. You seem to forget that while you act like you have a "job" you really don't work very hard while our fearless leader Logan has a family to support and probably doesn't have time to entertain your pet projects.

Have you thought of finding another hobby?

martyo
11-13-2003, 06:15 PM
Originally posted by dwasson

And just how much does the "Fisher Foundation" pay you to play with and entertain Todd?

Bigdogjim
11-13-2003, 06:34 PM
There is no way to explain Marty. He is ours and ours alone....

The Fisher Foundation has very very deep pockets........

Old Southern money...The best kind......

I vote for LML to re organize the data on the site and make sense out it:)

Now I need a stiff drink and go take a nap :sleepy:

Poor Atlanta this weekend? Mac you got your work cut out for you.....

SouLRioT
11-13-2003, 07:02 PM
If this is done , my suggestion would be that every thread should be closed and edited. If someone wanted to ask about something that is in that forum, they can start a new tread.

Logan
11-14-2003, 06:09 AM
I'm not opposed to the idea, but my plate is super full already. Let me find some time to work on it...

Marauder57
11-14-2003, 06:40 AM
Pimpin' is a full time job for Logan.....Let a brother breath...... :pimp:

dwasson
11-14-2003, 08:12 AM
Originally posted by martyo
And just how much does the "Fisher Foundation" pay you to play with and entertain Todd?

Not enough, but I have a good heart. I can't stand to see the boy so abused.