PDA

View Full Version : Wanted To Buy 1965 Buick Wildcat or LeSabre Parts Car

Wires
03-22-2010, 08:16 AM
I know this is a long shot, but maybe someone here has passed by or otherwise knows about a 1965 Buick (LeSabre or Wildcat) that is for sale. I'm looking for a project car, or a parts car. My immediate need is a hood, but since I'm going to have to travel to get one, I might as well get as many spares as I can get.

My hood latch failed and I had my hood plastered against my windshield - the hood trim down the center put a nice dent in the roof, and the hood is bent up beyond help. (It has rust holes in it anyway - I probably needed another one anyway.)

Bluerauder
03-22-2010, 10:23 AM
I know this is a long shot, but maybe someone here has passed by or otherwise knows about a 1965 Buick (LeSabre or Wildcat) that is for sale. I'm looking for a project car, or a parts car. My immediate need is a hood, but since I'm going to have to travel to get one, I might as well get as many spares as I can get.

My hood latch failed and I had my hood plastered against my windshield - the hood trim down the center put a nice dent in the roof, and the hood is bent up beyond help. (It has rust holes in it anyway - I probably needed another one anyway.)
There was a guy at the Manassas, VA Cruise-In on Saturday that has a Buick Wildcat for sale. Think it is a '65. It could be a '66. :dunno: Red convertible. I got a pic of the car and think that it has the For Sale phone number on it. BTW - This guy has been trying to sell this car for about 2.5 years. So I am guessing that he might be high on his asking price and ain't budging.

Egon Spengler
03-22-2010, 11:09 AM
My mom had a wildcat! I would love to restore one and let her drive it. She isn't a car girl at all but her eyes seem to light up when she talks about the wildcat.

stevengerard
03-22-2010, 07:38 PM
I'll keep my eyes open, there is a 66 ragtop around here but in pretty darn good condition, I used to have a 70 Wildcat - only year with the 455.

Kennyrauder
03-22-2010, 07:53 PM
That 455 was the sweetest engine Buick Division put out. Talk about 135 MPH. .....No problem. I had a 69 Charger .... only 2 cars walked by it. I was flat out driving from the mine I was working at... & I was 20 years old. 383CI. 4 Barrel Rated at 335HP with 323 gears. I was ahead of both. The Buick & a 70 T Bird would fall back until I hit 135 MPH ..... They both walked by me... I figure 150 MPH..... Don't tell me I'm full of Crap this is the TRUTH. I'm sure the highway gears made the difference. I was Humbled.

Rocknthehawk
03-22-2010, 08:00 PM
I know of a two door 64 olds jetstar, but they're probably nowhere similar!

stevengerard
03-22-2010, 10:19 PM
yep, mine would do the same, it was a barge off the line but once it hit 30 mph it was like a turbo kicked in and wouldn't stop, was a great 30 - 130 car - and very few people (except for car people) new what a Wildcat even was. And those are actually hubcaps on the car - never saw another pair like that but I heard they were out there.

Bluerauder
03-22-2010, 10:55 PM
Here's the Wildcat from Saturday's show in Manassas. Unfortunately, the "For Sale" sign didn't have a phone number on it.

http://www.mercurymarauder.net/gallery/data/500/medium/6BK_Mar_10.jpg

mike_ramir
12-08-2010, 05:49 PM
well my grandfather has this kind of car. they are similar "funny, i just grabbed this in google since it looks like my grandfather's car i post it here." here it is:

http://troipezk.r3r.info/images/auto/155.jpg

i really love the way my grandfather fixed the old usa auto parts (http://www.carparts.com/) of his car. i love it.

Blackened300a
12-11-2010, 09:46 AM
http://www.funnyforumpics.com/forums/I-dont-understand-what-your-saying/2/Understand-Mr_T.jpg

robertmee
12-11-2010, 01:59 PM
Nevermind....F***ing old post drug up by BOT

chicago_cop
12-11-2010, 03:12 PM

Go to E Bay. I found Buick parts for my 1950 there. No problem.

SC Cheesehead
12-11-2010, 03:17 PM
Go to E Bay. I found Buick parts for my 1950 there. No problem.

Check out the OP date; over 9 months old...

WALTSTAR
06-27-2012, 04:40 PM
Check it out. Still need it?