PDA

View Full Version : eaton conversion fuel pump

burt ragio
03-25-2010, 12:49 PM
Do I need both Kenney Bell boost a pump 40 amp and Ford GT pump or can I just add the K/B boost a pump and call it a day ? Who has the best prices ?

bawazir
03-25-2010, 12:57 PM
Zack told me about this link:
http://www.bapracing.com/ (http://www.bapracing.com/)

I bought 2 FORD GT OEM PUMP for only $250 with a free shipping. and there way quieter than my stock MM pumps. :2thumbs:

http://www.mercurymarauder.net/gallery/data/500/medium/IMG_4541.JPG (http://javascript<b></b>:;)
http://www.mercurymarauder.net/gallery/data/500/medium/IMG_4542.JPG (http://javascript<b></b>:;)
http://www.mercurymarauder.net/gallery/data/500/medium/IMG_4543.JPG (javascript:;)

musclemerc
03-25-2010, 01:01 PM
I like the new nickname you gave Zack in your sig Abdull.

Glenn
03-25-2010, 01:10 PM
We need to resolve this issue. I'll let Zack and anyone else get in here. Is the SVT Focus pump at under $100 sufficent for under 450 HP for a SC or not. I hate to see people waste good money on an overkil fuel pump setup. I run the SVT Focus pump with the KB BAP at 480 track HP with no issues?

Glenn Ford :argue:

Zack
03-25-2010, 01:20 PM
First off, all these topics have been covered Burt.

Second, BAPracing is out of GT pumps at that price. They bought the remaining stock from Ford before the drastic price increase.

Onto the pumps....
The Focus pumps are a good pump but draw more amps than any other pump. Are they great as a single pump with a BAP, hell yes. Put 2 in one tank and the amp draw goes way up.

If you find yourself asking: "how little do I have to modify my fuel system to get by", you have the wrong attitude. Never skimp, EVER!

If you want to run a single pump, throw a Walbro GSS342 in there.
I put 2 GT pumps in bawazir's car for 2 reasons:
1: Its not my car and I want there to be WAY to much fuel on tap
2: He has plenty of fuel down the road if he wants more Horspower.

If you want a plain jane eaton swap and make 400-425rwhp you can use a Walbro GSS342 with no BAP.

You can push the limits of a stock pump and a BAP and see where it will take you, but dont forget you will be charged double dyno time if they send you packing to do a pump upgrade.

ctrlraven
03-25-2010, 01:23 PM
I've got a Ford GT in mine, def not quieter than the stock one. lol

ImpalaSlayer
03-25-2010, 01:25 PM
I've got a Ford GT in mine, def not quieter than the stock one. lol

i didnt notice a difference, who the hell cares anyway, not like you can hear any of them when the car is running anyway

ctrlraven
03-25-2010, 01:27 PM
Oh no I don't really care, Bawazir was saying they were way quieter than the stock fuel pump.

I actually like it's kind of louder, at least I know it's turning on and working.

justbob
03-25-2010, 03:03 PM
My Walbro was identical in sound the first couple days, it seemed to get a tad louder and is staying there now. Nothing bad sounding at all, just a slight difference.

FordNut
03-25-2010, 03:31 PM
You guys hear the pumps while running or just a quick noise at key turn-on?

-Matt-
03-25-2010, 07:00 PM
I was told one GT pump and 40amp BAP was plenty? Should a get a second one zack?

ImpalaSlayer
03-25-2010, 07:04 PM
I was told one GT pump and 40amp BAP was plenty? Should a get a second one zack?

you should be good, i have plenty and i only run one

-Matt-
03-25-2010, 07:06 PM
you should be good, i have plenty and i only run one

Your so cool.... can i have your babies?

ImpalaSlayer
03-25-2010, 07:12 PM
Your so cool.... can i have your babies?
you asked, i told you what i had. at least all my stuff is actually on the car :P

-Matt-
03-25-2010, 07:17 PM
you asked, i told you what i had. at least all my stuff is actually on the car :P

I was being serious!!! Geez... this is what i get for showing my true feelings? :(

ImpalaSlayer
03-25-2010, 07:19 PM
I was being serious!!! Geez... this is what i get for showing my true feelings? :(

your so ghey lol

-Matt-
03-25-2010, 07:56 PM
your so ghey lol

http://i13.photobucket.com/albums/a254/xxshowstoppaxx/1268342351820.jpg

Kennyrauder
03-25-2010, 08:06 PM
Kenny has a SVT Focus pump with a Reinhart Vortech install.... New Lidio Tune last year. Don't blame Dennis but too many patches.. too far away. Lidio retuned the car. Dennis sold me a GT pump as a Backup... not installed. My Marauder makes 425 RWHP at 6100 RPM on 91 Octane. Ya think I'm safe? NO PINGING at all. This scares the crap out of me. The deadly grenade>>>>

ctrlraven
03-26-2010, 06:05 AM
You guys hear the pumps while running or just a quick noise at key turn-on?
Key turn on and if you get under the car you can hear the slight hum of it.

FordNut
03-26-2010, 06:53 AM
Even with the car not running? When I first turn my key on I can hear my pumps come on and pressurize the system, but then they go silent because they don't run any more with the system pressurized. Once the engine is started, you can't hear them over the exhaust so they're basically silent.

Motorhead350
03-26-2010, 07:02 AM
I have had the Ford GT fuel pump for nearly four years now and it's been fine. Trouble free and I can't hear it really. My Marauder made 456RWHP at one point and it was tuned down to 429 at my request so I wouldn't blow it up.

justbob
03-26-2010, 07:18 AM
You can only hear mine as I hit the key, silent after that.

ctrlraven
03-26-2010, 08:10 AM
Even with the car not running? When I first turn my key on I can hear my pumps come on and pressurize the system, but then they go silent because they don't run any more with the system pressurized. Once the engine is started, you can't hear them over the exhaust so they're basically silent.
Key on I can hear the pump come on and pressurize the system and then goes silent until I start the car up. My exhaust isn't as loud as yours is.

Zack
03-26-2010, 08:28 AM
I have had the Ford GT fuel pump for nearly four years now and it's been fine. Trouble free and I can't hear it really. My Marauder made 456RWHP at one point and it was tuned down to 429 at my request so I wouldn't blow it up.

You have a Walbro GSS342 clown.

Drewstang
03-26-2010, 09:29 AM
Ford GT dual pumps following Zack's dual pump install thread. I deleted the valve in the tank after reading some threads on SVTP, Corral, and ModularMustangs.

Zack
03-26-2010, 10:12 AM
Ford GT dual pumps following Zack's dual pump install thread. I deleted the valve in the tank after reading some threads on SVTP, Corral, and ModularMustangs.

I may do the same when I put a 2nd in my car this weekend.

It is quite annoying when starting the car though... the only drawback

ImpalaSlayer
03-26-2010, 10:12 AM
what is this valve you speak of and what does it do?

Drewstang
03-26-2010, 10:30 AM
I call it a back flow valve but I'm sure ford assigned it a really long and fancy name. Basically, it holds fuel pressure in the line when the pumps are off for easier starting. On 03-04 Cobras it has caused some issues with hesitation during shifts. On my car, it caused the annoying P190 code and instead of adjusting the parameters to eliminate it I decided to just eliminate the valve and deal with the slow starting.

Zack
03-26-2010, 10:36 AM
I call it a back flow valve but I'm sure ford assigned it a really long and fancy name. Basically, it holds fuel pressure in the line when the pumps are off for easier starting. On 03-04 Cobras it has caused some issues with hesitation during shifts. On my car, it caused the annoying P190 code and instead of adjusting the parameters to eliminate it I decided to just eliminate the valve and deal with the slow starting.

Its called a PRVV valve and it designed to hold pressure in the line for easy starting and relieve pressure if it exceeds 80psi.

If you cycle the key twice, the car will start fairly easy.
However, the p0190 alarm will have to be adjusted in the tune WAY DOWN to avoid a code.

The only real benefit to the p0190 code is it will turn the CEL on when FP drops below a target FP for a certain amount of time. This can save your butt (and engine) if you get out of the gas at WOT when you see the light.

Motorhead350
03-26-2010, 11:05 AM
You have a Walbro GSS342 clown.

Alright so Procharger lied to me. I'm repeating what I was told. :rolleyes:

FordNut
03-26-2010, 12:18 PM

I may do the same when I put a 2nd in my car this weekend.

It is quite annoying when starting the car though... the only drawback

what is this valve you speak of and what does it do?

Its called a PRVV valve and it designed to hold pressure in the line for easy starting and relieve pressure if it exceeds 80psi.

If you cycle the key twice, the car will start fairly easy.
However, the p0190 alarm will have to be adjusted in the tune WAY DOWN to avoid a code.

The only real benefit to the p0190 code is it will turn the CEL on when FP drops below a target FP for a certain amount of time. This can save your butt (and engine) if you get out of the gas at WOT when you see the light.

Instead of removing it, I have two of them. Normally with a dual pump setup there is one of them after the Y fitting, but I figured there is probably some flow restriction in it so I basically cut the flow through the valve in half by putting one in line with each pump's outlet.

Zack
03-26-2010, 12:22 PM
Instead of removing it, I have two of them. Normally with a dual pump setup there is one of them after the Y fitting, but I figured there is probably some flow restriction in it so I basically cut the flow through the valve in half by putting one in line with each pump's outlet.

Awesome idea....I have an extra :D

burt ragio
04-10-2010, 10:42 AM

Not sure what you are referring to after the y. Do you have any photos or diagram ?

FordNut
04-10-2010, 07:22 PM
Not sure what you are referring to after the y. Do you have any photos or diagram ?

Here's a little bit. I'm sure I posted the pics after my setup was done, can't find them though. Maybe one of the site upgrades where stuff disappeared?

http://www.mercurymarauder.net/forums/showthread.php?t=46704&highlight=fuel

Found it...

http://www.mercurymarauder.net/forums/showthread.php?t=46678&highlight=fuel&page=2