PDA

View Full Version : Road Rash

MiltownCvLx
03-29-2010, 04:42 PM
Looking to enter my cv sport in some shows this summer but need to get rid of the road rash all over my front bumper, hood and front quarters. What options do I have to fix this?

BAD MERC
03-29-2010, 04:53 PM
Buy a Marauder. A detailer may be able to remove most scuffs. Serious stuff will need a repaint. What kind of car show has Crown Vics as crowd-pleasers?

fastblackmerc
03-29-2010, 05:12 PM
Buy a Marauder. A detailer may be able to remove most scuffs. Serious stuff will need a repaint. What kind of car show has Crown Vics as crowd-pleasers?

+1!!

Ever had someone come up to your vic and ask "what is it?"

Mr. Man
03-29-2010, 06:58 PM
Ouch!!! :eek: double kick to the nads:rofl: I applaud your enthusiasm but you have no real mods listed on a very common car. Need more clarification as to why you want to show this car with no mods.

musclemerc
03-29-2010, 07:09 PM
You guy's are just bad! Talk about broken dreams :bricks:

BAD MERC
03-29-2010, 07:24 PM
Sorry for the boot to the nads - I get a lot of "Hey - did you shoehorn that in yourself?" and "Jesus, is that a big block?". I took show favorite, first place with a trophy in October. I feel damn good!

guspech750
03-30-2010, 03:16 AM
The road rash are badges of honor in my book! It says, " Yeah I drive it! I drive the piss out of it ", with pride.

Black_Out
03-30-2010, 08:17 AM
damn guys, take it easy on the crown vic lol :D

but I agree, why are you entering in a show again? all stock except magnaflow?

gdmjoe
03-30-2010, 08:43 AM
fastblackmerc ... Ever had someone come up to your vic and ask "what is it?"
Why Yes I have.

The latest was yesterday.

BAD MERC
03-30-2010, 08:46 AM
Does everybody on MM.net own a Crown Vic? Why did I throw away $37,000 when I could buy and show an $8,000 police car?

Egon Spengler
03-30-2010, 09:01 AM
Because you are dumb?:rolleyes:

hehe kidding

Does everybody on MM.net own a Crown Vic? Why did I throw away $37,000 when I could buy and show an $8,000 police car?

gdmjoe
03-30-2010, 09:01 AM
BAD MERC ... What kind of car show has Crown Vics as crowd-pleasers?
Have entered several ... FoMoCo only, all-brand, local, out-of-state, etc..

To date have 10 trophies ( out of 11 events entered) for the efforts.

http://memimage.cardomain.com/ride_images/2/3827/2241/22066120157_large.jpg

gdmjoe
03-30-2010, 09:07 AM
BAD MERC ... Why did I throw away $37,000 when I could buy and show an $8,000 police car?
The LX Sport ( P74 ) is hardly a police car ( P71 ). http://www.gdmjoe.com/nonono.gif

gdmjoe
03-30-2010, 09:35 AM
Mr. Man ... on a very common car.
Mis-Information.

The LX Sport accounted for only 7-8% of the total Crown Victoria production ( 15% of the civilian ). *MUCH less than that in the 1st year ( 2001 - Sport Appearance Package ) and latter years ( 2008 being the last. )

2003 - 2945 ( out of 78,541 ).

Egon Spengler
03-30-2010, 10:14 AM
http://i95.photobucket.com/albums/l130/pumpputnam/oh_no_you_didnt.gif

Have entered several ... FoMoCo only, all-brand, local, out-of-state, etc..

To date have 10 trophies ( out of 11 events entered) for the efforts.

Black_Out
03-30-2010, 10:20 AM
lol! go GDMJOE

babbage
03-30-2010, 10:27 AM
http://i95.photobucket.com/albums/l130/pumpputnam/oh_no_you_didnt.gif

Mmmm... Wonderwoman

CBT
03-30-2010, 10:46 AM
Mmmm... Wonderwoman

Star-spangled underwear for the win!!

Egon Spengler
03-30-2010, 11:04 AM
I noticed her neck is very bare... A pearly necklace would really complete the ensemble...

Star-spangled underwear for the win!!

CBT
03-30-2010, 11:07 AM
I noticed her neck is very bare... A pearly necklace would really complete the ensemble...
In before the pearl necklace lock!

Egon Spengler
03-30-2010, 11:19 AM
I was being serious, get your mind out of the gutter!

In before the pearl necklace lock!

gdmjoe
03-30-2010, 11:36 AM
tjmorin82
:D

http://www.gdmjoe.com/wof.jpg

Mr. Man
03-30-2010, 01:39 PM
Mis-Information.

The LX Sport accounted for only 7-8% of the total Crown Victoria production ( 15% of the civilian ). *MUCH less than that in the 1st year ( 2001 - Sport Appearance Package ) and latter years ( 2008 being the last. )

2003 - 2945 ( out of 78,541 ).
While you are technically correct I don't think the average person at a car show will know the diff between a Sport and a reg CV. It's hard enough getting people to tell the diff between a MM and a CV if they aren't car people. As I stated earlier I applaud his enthusiasm but would like to know whats extra special about his car v. a reg CV. If he has lots of Chrome or fancy wheels or something that's one thing but as far as I can tell his muffler is louder than stock and that's about it. I'm not discouraging him from taking it to shows just wonder what his motivation is.

MiltownCvLx
03-31-2010, 07:31 AM
While you are technically correct I don't think the average person at a car show will know the diff between a Sport and a reg CV. It's hard enough getting people to tell the diff between a MM and a CV if they aren't car people. As I stated earlier I applaud his enthusiasm but would like to know whats extra special about his car v. a reg CV. If he has lots of Chrome or fancy wheels or something that's one thing but as far as I can tell his muffler is louder than stock and that's about it. I'm not discouraging him from taking it to shows just wonder what his motivation is.

Ok well heres the deal my car is the lx sport so while you might think it looks like a cop car it doesn't. I have the 5 spoke chrome sport rims, its cleaner than a hospital inside and out (except for the road rash), and the interior looks nothing like its stock brothers. As for why I want to enter it in car shows well basically I like going to car shows and I figured as long as my car is not your average cop car I might as well try it.

Egon Spengler
03-31-2010, 08:03 AM
Marauder Bomb!
http://photos-e.ak.fbcdn.net/photos-ak-sf2p/v104/238/62/562932925/n562932925_81484_2528.jpg

gdmjoe
03-31-2010, 04:41 PM
MiltownCvLx ... I have the 5 spoke chrome sport rims ...
Mis-Information

The LX Sport rims are finished aluminum alloy. Not chrome. *Unless that's a mod' that you've had done.

BTW ... Notice that you've done the headlight black-out and Marauder corner lenses.

( For those that don't know ) ... Sale brochure pic' of LX Sport interior (http://www.gdmjoe.com/gothvic/documents/2003crownvictoriabrochure05.jp g)

Other 2003 Crown Victoria documents -HERE- (http://www.gdmjoe.com/gothvic/documents/documents.html)

PonyUP
03-31-2010, 06:17 PM
Okay I understand the affinity for the LX Sport, I have one as a daily driver. I also understand the commraderie of the car show,so I get that. The easiest way to solve this is to buy a Stang or Marauder for the shows, and drive the Vic as a DD, this will give you the best of both worlds
________
R100RS (http://www.cyclechaos.com/wiki/BMW_R100RS)

LeoVampire
03-31-2010, 06:27 PM
Ok well heres the deal my car is the lx sport so while you might think it looks like a cop car it doesn't. I have the 5 spoke chrome sport rims, its cleaner than a hospital inside and out (except for the road rash), and the interior looks nothing like its stock brothers. As for why I want to enter it in car shows well basically I like going to car shows and I figured as long as my car is not your average cop car I might as well try it.

You keep it spotless and have pride in it as well!

So good for you bringing it to the shows and or cruise nights!

You don't normaly see a lot of Panthers if any @ the shows anyways at least in my area.

Have a good time and enjoy the ride while you have it.

:D

Black_Out
04-01-2010, 08:50 PM
nice vic, but too plain to be in a show bro.

What you need is a neon underglow setup, a big spoiler, and a big hood scoop glued to that bad boy. THEN you'll be show quality :D

-Matt-
04-01-2010, 09:17 PM
I dont know why everyone is giving him crap.... if he wants to show his car then let the guy show his car. In fact if it was his car next to a scion or honda or (name any other shitbox) i would much rather look at his car and talk to him then the others, and im not even saying that because in addition to the Marauder i own a CVPI. (and believe it or not, i get more comments on the CVPI then the Marauder when i drive it)

CooLManZilla
04-01-2010, 09:57 PM
Looking to enter my cv sport in some shows this summer but need to get rid of the road rash all over my front bumper, hood and front quarters. What options do I have to fix this?

Post up some pictures of the front bumper and elsewhere
I might have some options..

Big Black Beast
04-01-2010, 10:18 PM
It's his car and he can do whatever he wants with it.
Even if it was just areally nice stock, plain CV, he could still enter it in car shows, or autocross it, or drag it or whatever pleases him, as long as he gets something from it. Yeah some people are going to say "what's the big deal, who cares". I feel the same way when I see classic Vettes and Chevelles. It's about getting out there and meeting people and having fun, in case anybody forgot.
The fact that it is a somewhat rarer sport model, and the mods that he has done make it even more interesting. Anyway, if it's just light scratches you could just try buffing them out w/ scratch-x. It wouldn't hurt and it costs like $10. The black waxes for black cars are also good at hiding blemishes and are worth a try too. Otherwise touch up paint or re-paint are probably your only choices.