PDA

View Full Version : MV8 Hotel Registration OPEN!!

MM03MOK
04-01-2010, 07:19 PM
http://www1.hilton.com/ts/en_US/hotels/content/CLTHUHF/media/images/photo_gallery/CLTHUHF_Hilton_Charlotte_Unive rsity_Place_gallery_accom_exte rior_large.jpg (http://www.hilton.com/en/hi/groups/personalized/CLTHUHF-MV8-20100908/index.jhtml?WT.mc_id=POG)

MV8 Hotel Registration

The headquarters hotel will be the Hilton – Charlotte University Place. This is a AAA 3 Diamond hotel with some great amenities. MV8 Hotel registration link: http://www.hilton.com/en/hi/groups/personalized/CLTHUHF-MV8-20100908/index.jhtml?WT.mc_id=POG

Plans are coming together for the event.

Final dates and times are pending, but here’s a list of activities in the works:

Caravan up to Lexington, NC to visit the Richard Childress Winery, and the Richard Childress Racing shops and museum

75 mph paced laps around Charlotte Motor Speedway

A visit to the brand new NASCAR Hall of Fame in uptown Charlotte

Drag racing at an area track

Plenty of free time to allow you to relax and enjoy the lake and shops of University Place and the surrounding Charlotte/Mecklenburg area
http://www.shoppesatuniversityplace.c om/home.aspx

SC Cheesehead
04-01-2010, 07:24 PM
Believe me, this is a great hotel, folks!

I;ve got reservation #1, jump on board quick 'cause I think they're going to go fast.

We've got some great activities planned for MV8, as soon as we get the itinerary nailed down, we'll post it up.

For now, let's just say this should be one of the most memorable Maraudervilles, ever!

MM03MOK
04-01-2010, 07:34 PM
Booked!! I even put in for the standby upgrades!! WOOT!!

SC Cheesehead
04-01-2010, 07:35 PM

They're going fast, folks! Line forms on the right...:banana2:

CWright
04-01-2010, 08:07 PM
We are booked as well. Can't wait!!!

Blackened300a
04-01-2010, 08:14 PM
Just booked!

Bluerauder
04-01-2010, 08:21 PM
We're in and booked..... :D Yeah, I'm on the stand-by for a Bay Window with Lake View.

Pat
04-01-2010, 11:43 PM
Patricia and I are Booked 8th-12th.

Marauderman
04-02-2010, 03:03 AM
Kathy and I live here and we are booked----

YAHOO!!!!!!!!

Speed
04-02-2010, 06:07 AM
Count me in as booked as well

CBT
04-02-2010, 06:24 AM
I'm in!:D
(that's what I said!)

Vortex
04-02-2010, 07:52 AM
What the hell, Im in. Reservations made. I will be making some time to visit the Wood Brothers Racing shop:

http://www.raceshops.com/raceshops.php?view=26

MM03MOK
04-02-2010, 07:56 AM
What the hell, Im in. Reservations made.
:cheer: Jim!! :cheer:

SC Cheesehead
04-02-2010, 09:21 AM
What the hell, Im in. Reservations made. I will be making some time to visit the Wood Brothers Racing shop:

http://www.raceshops.com/raceshops.php?view=26

There are a TON of race shops around the Charlotte area. Anybody interested in touring a bunch of them may want to come a couple days early, or stay around for a day or two after MV to check them out.

joefireman18
04-02-2010, 12:18 PM
Got a room, can't go fishing though. Asked the chick at the desk. I may have to bring my rod anyway and do some secret covert opperation.
Like caddy shack.:D

FreddieH
04-07-2010, 07:05 AM
Booked! Can't wait!

MM03MOK
04-07-2010, 11:51 AM
Booked! Can't wait!
Freddie!! :cheer: And Kelly???? :cheer:

CWright
04-07-2010, 12:36 PM
Kathy and I live here and we are booked----

YAHOO!!!!!!!!

Awesome! Looking forward to finally getting to meet you guys!

MyTMerc
04-07-2010, 07:10 PM
Just booked our room. We'll see you there.

slickster
04-12-2010, 09:41 AM
im only an hour away so i will be there...early.....because of this event im on my way on getting a rauder do you call that obsessive :burnout:

SC Cheesehead
04-12-2010, 10:41 AM
im only an hour away so i will be there...early.....because of this event im on my way on getting a rauder do you call that obsessive :burnout:

Nah, I call that smart! :D

Marauderman
04-24-2010, 10:26 AM

I'd recommend you book yourself a room ....you'll be glad you did....for each days activities.

dakslim
04-24-2010, 07:25 PM
I'm booked! Gonna be a long drive for me though...maybe not.;)

1stMerc
04-24-2010, 08:22 PM
All booked. Looking forward to another great time.

Marauderman
04-25-2010, 11:43 AM
I'm booked! Gonna be a long drive for me though...maybe not.;)

Great!!!! Glad to see another NC arrival

But, even when you can live here in town and still be 45 min away when even close--say 26-30 miles away from the hotel----but if traffic goods bad --that can be hours---

So living close by really doesn't buy you anything for this event--.thus why we are booked ourselves....

Gryphonzus
05-10-2010, 12:56 AM
Reservations made! Looking forward to the get together.

SC Cheesehead
05-10-2010, 04:12 AM
HOOHA! Another addition to the roster! :up:

knine
05-10-2010, 08:31 AM
What are the "standby upgrades"???

SC Cheesehead
05-10-2010, 08:40 AM

I believe the "upgrade" rooms are lake view.

MM03MOK
05-10-2010, 09:21 AM
Log back into your reservation and look for the following. If you check it any of them, you're agreeing to pay for the upgrade. If it's not available, you pay nothing.

https://www.nor1upgrades.com/dynLink/?PCD=CLTHUHF&EBC=3382955583&RCC=D2D&GAD=20100908&NMN=4&NOA=2&NOC=0&LNG=en&TBP=413.85&GEM=M.O.TISCHLER%40BC.EDU&GEN=&GSL=&GLN=TISCHLER&GFN=MARY&GCC=&GST=&GCT=&GPC=&GAR=&GPN=&PRT=0&PLC=G&PCC=brandwebsite&PSC=&SRP=MV8&PID=HIL&PET=WEB&GNR=1 (https://www.nor1upgrades.com/?PCD=CLTHUHF&EBC=3382955583&RCC=D2D&GAD=20100908&NMN=4&NOA=2&NOC=0&LNG=en&TBP=413.85&GEM=M.O.TISCHLER%40BC.EDU&GEN=&GSL=&GLN=TISCHLER&GFN=MARY&GCC=&GST=&GCT=&GPC=&GAR=&GPN=&PRT=0&PLC=G&PCC=brandwebsite&PSC=&SRP=MV8&PID=HIL&PET=WEB&GNR=1)

$5 more a night:
Bay Window Lakeview

Add enjoyment to your stay in a more spacious, light and bright room with a large floor to ceiling bay window area
Overlook the peaceful and relaxing University Place Lakefront

$9 more a night:
Two Double Beds Executive Floor

Located on the exclusive top floors of the hotel, providing panoramic views
Includes access to the Executive Lounge featuring continental breakfast (M-F), evening hors d'oeuvres, non-alcoholic beverages, and honor bar (M-Th)
In-room complementary bottled water
Lush bathrobes
Upgraded bath amenities

$49 more a night:
Parlor Suite With King Bed

Extra spacious one room suite
Features conference/dining table for 10, sofa sleeper, LCD HDTV, and stereo with cd changer
Dining area includes marble wet bar, refrigerator, and microwave
Includes access to the Executive Concierge Lounge with continental breakfast (M-F), evening hors d'oeuvres, non-alcoholic beverages, and honor bar (M-Th)

james79stang
05-10-2010, 10:06 AM
Booked with upgrades

Vortex
05-18-2010, 07:27 AM
Thanks for reminding me to request an "upgrade" myself. Looking forward to this trip!

JCMM
05-19-2010, 06:33 AM
Just tried to book through Hilton online and by phone. Room rate sold out!

JCMM

MM03MOK
05-19-2010, 07:29 AM
Just tried to book through Hilton online and by phone. Room rate sold out!

JCMM
I double-checked the website. Thanks for letting us know. Rex will call the hotel and I will email John Noonan right now!

MM03MOK
05-19-2010, 10:10 AM
Seems we have more people coming in Wed. night than we blocked rooms for. The hotel is adding more rooms to our Wed. block. Thanks for alerting us!!

Vortex
05-20-2010, 07:50 AM
Can someone with knowledge of computers and such set up a poll in a separate thread for MMVIII? I would be curious how many are attending ect... I think this has been done every year in the past, with categories like "for sure" and "maybe" and "cant make it". I think it would be very intersting to most of us. Thanks in advance from a computing luddite.

Ken
05-24-2010, 10:51 AM
Just tried to book through Hilton online and by phone. Room rate sold out! Group rate still not available.

Ken

MM03MOK
05-24-2010, 07:49 PM
Group rate still not available.

Ken
Thanks, Ken. I've reached out to our contact again.

Redster
05-25-2010, 07:04 PM
Booked just a minute ago with no problems. See ya.

SC Cheesehead
05-26-2010, 04:20 AM

HOOHA! Looking forward to seeing you at MV8, bubba!

Marauderman
05-26-2010, 02:09 PM

Now you know if a guy from CA can come--where is everyone else---

Time to get those rooms booked folks-----we're getting more made availavle so not to worry......

SC Cheesehead
05-26-2010, 02:12 PM
Now you know if a guy from CA can come--where is everyone else---

Time to get those rooms booked folks-----we're getting more made availavle so not to worry......

Yeah, if we run out of rooms at the Hilton, we'll just go get us another hotel! ;)

Marauderman
05-26-2010, 02:14 PM
Yeah, if we run out of rooms at the Hilton, we'll just go get us another hotel! ;)

.......and being we surveyed a lot we know where to go next if necessary.

SC Cheesehead
05-26-2010, 02:52 PM
.......and being we surveyed a lot we know where to go next if necessary.

'zactly what I was thinking! :D

vkirkend
06-07-2010, 11:20 AM
Okay, I'm booked at the hotel where is the registration?

MM03MOK
06-07-2010, 11:44 AM
Okay, I'm booked at the hotel where is the registration?
Registration will be open once we finalize all the arrangements and determine all pricing. More to come!!

Ladyhawke
06-09-2010, 06:06 PM
Hotel room is booked.

Bigdogjim
06-22-2010, 03:58 PM
Big Dog is booked:)

Go2GuyFL
06-25-2010, 03:26 PM
Room booked ... only bringing the black as wifey doesn't have any vacation time left. Company taken over by new owners and reset everyone to January. At least she's still working and can make sure youngins get to school.

Marauderman
06-25-2010, 03:45 PM
Room booked ... only bringing the black as wifey doesn't have any vacation time left. Company taken over by new owners and reset everyone to January. At least she's still working and can make sure youngins get to school.

Glad to see a FL. Guy coming to our fun time.....we surely enjoyed MV IV in
Nov.'06--------

Now we need to see more of you FL. folks ...........Where are you????.

SC Cheesehead
07-01-2010, 06:42 AM
Big Dog is booked:)

Uh-oh, I better tell the sheriff to expect trouble, and advise the wimmen-folk to pull the young'ns off the streets... :D

FX1
07-12-2010, 09:39 AM
where can i pick up the convoy? anymeeting spots along 95 planned yet????? i live in delaware. wheres all the Nj Pa an father north people coming down? lets meet at the delaware or md reststop. meahhhh possible anyones a cop and have a police esscort. make it there in half of time.. meahhh copper move out the way ccccc. coming thru ccc

fastblackmerc
07-12-2010, 11:57 AM
where can i pick up the convoy? anymeeting spots along 95 planned yet????? i live in delaware. wheres all the Nj Pa an father north people coming down? lets meet at the delaware or md reststop. meahhhh possible anyones a cop and have a police esscort. make it there in half of time.. meahhh copper move out the way ccccc. coming thru ccc

Just use the "crown vic effect".

Marauderman
07-12-2010, 01:59 PM
Hey fastblackmerc..........

I hear you had a chance to stay at our Host Hotel for a business session a few blocks away....

Tell the folks who are on the middle fence maybe what a nice place it is or has, and the surrounding area is all about..........cause folks , he is not from here nor lives here---so ..............post yer thoughts ....tell'um to come on down............

fastblackmerc
07-12-2010, 02:46 PM
Hey fastblackmerc..........

I hear you had a chance to stay at our Host Hotel for a business session a few blocks away....

Tell the folks who are on the middle fence maybe what a nice place it is or has, and the surrounding area is all about..........cause folks , he is not from here nor lives here---so ..............post yer thoughts ....tell'um to come on down............

Very nice hotel, big clean rooms, great shower head & water pressure, free wireless internet, decent bar, nice pool, huge parking lot, many meeting rooms, small boutique shops within walking distance, Target, Walmart, Sam's Club, Blooms & Harris Teeter nearby, Walgreen's, lots of places to eat nearby, all your regular fast food joints, plus Texas Land and Cattle, Bikini's, Chili's, IHOP, 2 good sushi resturants, chinese buffet, Smokey Bones, coffee-donuts-bagel places nearby.... the list is long.

Staff is very nice and accommodating.

SC Cheesehead
07-12-2010, 07:32 PM
Very nice hotel, big clean rooms, great shower head & water pressure, free wireless internet, decent bar, nice pool, huge parking lot, many meeting rooms, small boutique shops within walking distance, Target, Walmart, Sam's Club, Blooms & Harris Teeter nearby, Walgreen's, lots of places to eat nearby, all your regular fast food joints, plus Texas Land and Cattle, Bikini's, Chili's, IHOP, 2 good sushi resturants, chinese buffet, Smokey Bones, coffee-donuts-bagel places nearby.... the list is long.

Staff is very nice and accommodating.

You forgot Quaker Steak, just up the road...;)

Home of the 110 oz Blue Moon Lube Tube...
http://cleveland.metromix.com/content_image/full/556524/560/370

Mr. Man
07-12-2010, 07:40 PM

Isn't Blue Moon owned by Budweiser? Do tell more about this Bikini's place. I assume it's themed on the islands in the Pacific. Is it a WWII themed place?:rolleyes:

fastblackmerc
07-13-2010, 06:55 AM
Isn't Blue Moon owned by Budweiser? Do tell more about this Bikini's place. I assume it's themed on the islands in the Pacific. Is it a WWII themed place?:rolleyes:

Yep, that's it..... WWII,

http://www.bikinissportsbarandgrill.c om/

Well there are two anyway.............

fastblackmerc
07-13-2010, 06:56 AM

Too many restaurants to list........

Didn't even mention the Carolina BBQ places.

SC Cheesehead
07-15-2010, 06:30 PM
Too many restaurants to list........

Didn't even mention the Carolina BBQ places.

You'll get your shot at one of those when we caravan up to Lexington.:food:

CBT
07-15-2010, 06:50 PM

yes please, do want!

SC Cheesehead
07-15-2010, 07:00 PM

What's not to love about a place like this?

http://farm5.static.flickr.com/4026/4667843751_940ae19877.jpg

JCMM
07-15-2010, 07:54 PM
Just use the "crown vic effect".

Fastblackmerc,
My wife calls it the "moses effect". Just parts the sea.

JCMM
07-15-2010, 07:58 PM

Mr Man,

Blue Moon is a Molson Coors product, proudly brewed since 1995 in Golden Colo.

Mr. Man
07-15-2010, 10:00 PM
Mr Man,

Thanks for the clarification. I knew it was one of the big boys not a small handcrafted brew like Sam Addams:rolleyes:;):lol:

SC Cheesehead
07-16-2010, 10:54 AM
Mr Man,

Also of note: It's the offical beer of the MM Blues Brothers... :beer:

LSp8
07-16-2010, 11:36 AM
Just booked my room a few days agao, see y'all there :beer:

Marauderman
07-22-2010, 05:03 AM
Hey Everyone--Don't put it off anymore--Now is the time to get registered at the Hilton!!!!!!!

We have great rates just for us here for the Marauderville VIII.... unlke other Hiltons, where you will pay a lot more............

It not often you will get these rate for a great Hotel with so many adventures around it...........

So come on down -----don't be wishing , do it, click on the link and get in before they all go away!!!!!!

Bluerauder
07-22-2010, 07:58 AM
Hey Everyone--Don't put it off anymore--Now is the time to get registered at the Hilton!!!!!!!

I second that motion. :2thumbs:

But it is NOT JUST the great rates. Location is also important. The Hotel will be "the place to be" during Marauderville VIII. It'll be your opportunity to hang out with the other MM owners before and after the scheduled events. It will be the rally point for departures for the various venues. It will be the site of all of the after hours "activities". It will also be the jumping off point for most (if not all) of the Ad Hoc activities that will take place during the week.

So ...... Get your hotel room booked and be a part of all the action happening during MV8 beginning Wednesday afternoon, 8 September 2010.

Marauderman
07-22-2010, 08:27 AM
Just wanted to add

Those who drive their Marauder to MV VIII will be offered a special gift to take home, but you have to have your car --so come on down--gift to be announced shortly

Marauderman
08-05-2010, 07:24 AM
Just wanted to add

Those who drive their Marauder to MV VIII will be offered a special gift to take home, but you have to have your car --so come on down--gift to be announced shortly

Here it is!!!!!!

Announcement for MVIII-- for all who register thru our main page--

for those not keeping up to date on those new items we were announcing earlier--we are now adding this announcement to draw attention to MVVIII and to hopefully have you as one of the receipants----

actually--if you come , with a car and register on the web page --you will get one of these

one 10 #ABC fire extinguisher to take back home.--free---yes free--just for enjoying ----us --all---thank you very much

so get those registrants in now--you want one don't you--

See all at MVIII