PDA

View Full Version : innovative interceptors

4play
04-05-2010, 06:31 PM
I emaild them about this question but no response, maybe someone on here know's. I simply asked is the aternitive auto tune is unlocked so I can tweak it... anyone know if it is?

MrBluGruv
04-05-2010, 06:40 PM
When I ordered mine from them, my XCal3 had a large number of options still open to adjustment. This is probably not a complete list, but here's what I remember being open on mine off the top of my head:

Global Spark
Spark 0-2000
Spark 2000-4000
Spark 4000-8000
Idle RPM Neutral
Idle RPM Drive
WOT Air-Fuel
Rev Limit Neutral
Rev Limit Drive
Shift Pressure 1-2
Shift Pressure 2-3
Shift Pressure 3-4
Shift MPH 1-2
Shift MPH 2-3
Shift MPH 3-4
Final Drive Ratio
Tire Revs-Mile
Speed Limiter

I think that's all I have open on mine? No idea if Lidio still sends out the tunes like that.

ntd
04-05-2010, 06:43 PM
When I ordered mine from them, my XCal3 had a large number of options still open to adjustment. This is probably not a complete list, but here's what I remember being open on mine off the top of my head:

Global Spark
Spark 0-2000
Spark 2000-4000
Spark 4000-8000
Idle RPM Neutral
Idle RPM Drive
WOT Air-Fuel
Rev Limit Neutral
Rev Limit Drive
Shift Pressure 1-2
Shift Pressure 2-3
Shift Pressure 3-4
Shift MPH 1-2
Shift MPH 2-3
Shift MPH 3-4
Final Drive Ratio
Tire Revs-Mile
Speed Limiter

I think that's all I have open on mine? No idea if Lidio still sends out the tunes like that.

That's how I got mine last year

4play
04-05-2010, 06:50 PM
wow, thats pretty good... how about my second question LOL how much t ship to canada?

ntd
04-05-2010, 07:09 PM
wow, thats pretty good... how about my second question LOL how much t ship to canada?

IDK, but if your having problems contacting innovative interceptors call Lidio and deal with him directly that's what I did.

4play
04-05-2010, 07:12 PM
i cant..... he dont ship outside of the US.. asked already.

Ktorres1
04-05-2010, 07:52 PM
I thought lidio sold all his x-3 tuners locked?

Got_1
04-06-2010, 04:49 AM
mine is locked. can't adjust anything. i really wanna bring the TC lockup down to 50mph cuz 60 is too high and killing my mileage

tbone
04-06-2010, 05:27 AM
Innovative Interceptor guy does not communicate well.

SC Cheesehead
04-06-2010, 05:55 AM

I've not seen Wes post up for quite a while, and I've heard others state the same thing. ^^^^^

I'm assuming he's still in business as he's listed as a supporting vendor on the site, but his screen name doesn't show up any longer.

bocat187
04-06-2010, 05:58 AM
mine is locked. can't adjust anything. i really wanna bring the TC lockup down to 50mph cuz 60 is too high and killing my mileagewhat do u mean by killing your mileage

jimlam56
04-06-2010, 05:59 AM

Wes at Innovative has been a pleasure to deal with in my experience.
He has a full time high stress job in addition to II, so try to be patient. He is a good guy and a valuable member of the MM community.

wchain
04-06-2010, 06:04 AM
I emaild them about this question but no response, maybe someone on here know's. I simply asked is the aternitive auto tune is unlocked so I can tweak it... anyone know if it is?

I'm still around, your email was in my spam folder, you emailed Sunday at midnight.

My apologies for not replying the same day.

I've been messing with some new projects as of late.

Yes there are many parameters still adjustable.

What specifically are you interested in tweaking?

ctrlraven
04-06-2010, 07:46 AM
mine is locked. can't adjust anything. i really wanna bring the TC lockup down to 50mph cuz 60 is too high and killing my mileage
That you can not tweak within the user options, that's something only the tuner can adjust in the actual parameters of the tune. What MrBluGruv posted is all the user end options you can tweak yourself but I recommend staying away from modifing Global Spark, Spark 0-2000, Spark 2000-4000, and Spark 4000-8000.

Ktorres1
04-06-2010, 09:26 AM
What if I get a lidio tune for the purpose of the tranny adjustments but still want to get it dyno tuned to make sure it's running right while also being able to get the most power out of it????

SC Cheesehead
04-06-2010, 10:12 AM
I'm still around, your email was in my spam folder, you emailed Sunday at midnight.

My apologies for not replying the same day.

I've been messing with some new projects as of late.

Yes there are many parameters still adjustable.

What specifically are you interested in tweaking?

Hey Wes!

Haven't seen you post up for a while, glad to see that you're hanging in there.

wchain
04-06-2010, 11:02 AM
Hey Wes!

Haven't seen you post up for a while, glad to see that you're hanging in there.

Hey Hey!

Yup still around, job and girls have my time occupied, and working on stuff for the new SHO as well! :beer:

SC Cheesehead
04-06-2010, 02:08 PM
Hey Hey!

Yup still around, job and girls have my time occupied, and working on stuff for the new SHO as well! :beer:

Ooooh, new SHO! :bounce:

Post up some pics whenever you get a chance.

wchain
04-06-2010, 02:32 PM
Ooooh, new SHO! :bounce:

Post up some pics whenever you get a chance.

Here ya go...

http://www.mercurymarauder.net/forums/showthread.php?p=892147

Paul T. Casey
04-06-2010, 03:09 PM
Wes at Innovative has been a pleasure to deal with in my experience.
He has a full time high stress job in addition to II, so try to be patient. He is a good guy and a valuable member of the MM community.

This^^^ is pure fact. Wes is great.

4play
04-06-2010, 03:19 PM
Wes, once I upload the alternitive auto tune, I may want to just lower the tranny line pressure a bit as well as bump up the idle. also lower the fan on temp. Do you have a list of all you can adjust within his tune?

also, what would the shpping rate be for canada. Edmonton Alberta Canada. Thanks

Ktorres1
04-06-2010, 05:01 PM
+1 as I too am curious as to what is standard avaliable on lidio's x-3 tune?

wchain
04-06-2010, 05:53 PM
Wes, once I upload the alternitive auto tune, I may want to just lower the tranny line pressure a bit as well as bump up the idle. also lower the fan on temp. Do you have a list of all you can adjust within his tune?

also, what would the shpping rate be for canada. Edmonton Alberta Canada. Thanks

Hi, BluGruv actually posted the adjustable parameters that are available on the SCT Xcal3.

Shipping to canada will be split with me, so probably around 6 to 10 dollars.

DOOM
04-06-2010, 06:19 PM

I have never had a problem getting in touch with Wes or him returning my calls! :up:

He's one of the better vendors around here! :2thumbs:

Ktorres1
04-06-2010, 06:23 PM
Can someone still have there car dyno tuned with just those user options open?

Got_1
04-06-2010, 06:26 PM
what do u mean by killing your mileage

I do alot of driving around 45-55mph and with the TC unlocked it is much worse on fuel than if it were locked. (okay i shouldn't say much but its a noticeable difference)

SC Cheesehead
04-06-2010, 06:27 PM
Here ya go...

http://www.mercurymarauder.net/forums/showthread.php?p=892147

How'd I miss this thread the first time around? :dunno:

NICE car, Wes! :2thumbs:

SVT_MERC
04-06-2010, 07:03 PM
I don't know..... Wes replied fairly quickly to my previous emails. I was satisfied with their service.

4play
04-06-2010, 07:21 PM
and that one where the alt is turned off under WOT? thats interesting.

wchain
04-07-2010, 06:29 AM
Theres horsepower to be gained when that feature is activated.

As soon as you let off WOT, it comes back on.

Ktorres1
04-07-2010, 08:45 AM
Wes can a car be dynoed still with just those user options open? I would love a lidio tune but not sure about these open features and if my car can still go get dynoed tuned with just these feature open on a lidio xcal-3?

4play
04-07-2010, 08:57 PM
another question for you Mr. Wes Lol you must be getting a headache, but this tuner for the Marauder, If i wanted to could I upload the tune from the Marauder, and use the "canned" tune for My 2000 F150 5.4L? or is it only good for the DOHC engine?

Ktorres1
04-07-2010, 09:43 PM
No the tune is specific for each car but my question still stands?

wchain
04-08-2010, 06:09 PM
another question for you Mr. Wes Lol you must be getting a headache, but this tuner for the Marauder, If i wanted to could I upload the tune from the Marauder, and use the "canned" tune for My 2000 F150 5.4L? or is it only good for the DOHC engine?

No headache! :beer:

Once you load it with the Marauder tune its not going to do anything for another vehicle other than read OBD 2 codes.

wchain
04-08-2010, 06:10 PM
Wes can a car be dynoed still with just those user options open? I would love a lidio tune but not sure about these open features and if my car can still go get dynoed tuned with just these feature open on a lidio xcal-3?

Should be, but if you're going to get the car dyno tuned, you should make sure that you have an open slot on your Xcal to accept the tune.

4play
04-08-2010, 07:16 PM
so what Kinda deal do us great :canada: Marauder guys get :hug2:?

Dennis Reinhart
04-08-2010, 08:24 PM

This why you need to call and talk to any SCT dealer, to ask these questions, and if the tuner is locked, they can send a file with user options, but some SCT dealers charge for evey change, this should also be asked mine come with free updates.

*SCT has changed the format of emailed custom tunes to .CEF and requires a tuner serial number to email a file, you will need the latest version of the program from www.SCTFlash.com * and you need to send the serial # of your Xcall

Ktorres1
04-08-2010, 08:41 PM
Does your tuner come locked Dennis and also I wanted to know what improvements do you make to the transmission ? As well as how do you believe those function t be best for the marauder and where do you set your rpm shift points?

Dennis Reinhart
04-08-2010, 08:46 PM
Normally my tunners are not locked, but some customers do not want user options, but if they need a change I send it for free.

4play
04-08-2010, 08:48 PM
oh I know if you buy a tuner that is locked due to a tune already being loaded onto a vehicle you need to contact them to pay and have it unlocked. But i'm talking about a custom tune like your's you created. I mean once I load it into my car and lets say I find the shifts are a little firm, do I have to call you for you to send me another file with a lighter shift or can a bump it down a notch myself, or if with YOUR tune installed can I still tweak other things like engine idle RPM nd the temp the fan turns on? basically is your's or Liado's tune unlocked or do you Lock it so we cant adjust anything once you set it.

4play
04-08-2010, 08:49 PM
and what' the price for your unit with a tune ?

Dennis Reinhart
04-08-2010, 08:51 PM
It is on my site, I have some with me, shipping is free.

4play
04-08-2010, 09:01 PM
Gosh that's tempting... both your's and Liado's as well as Zacks tune all seem to have their pro's and con's but are all so verry close. without trying and comparing them it's so hard to decide which one to go with. I defently want to go with SCT 3. ok. lets say I purchase the sct3 tuner from Wes since I canot get just a tune from Liado due to my location do you sell just your tune, I know if I go with a Xcal 3 I will not be able to use Zack's tune but i'm sure his feeling's wont be hurt lol, from what Ive read so far the engine part of your's and Liado's tune re pretty much the same, it's just the tranny part. ive heard your shif pressure has been a little to harsh for some but you will set it softer if asked to. does your's have that option to turn off the alt as well?

4play
04-08-2010, 09:09 PM
this intersts me... can your tune be uploaded via this? http://www.reinhartperformance.com/Merchant2/merchant.mvc?Screen=PROD&Store_Code=12345&Product_Code=MM-PRS&Category_Code=9

Dennis Reinhart
04-08-2010, 09:13 PM
this intersts me... can your tune be uploaded via this? http://www.reinhartperformance.com/Merchant2/merchant.mvc?Screen=PROD&Store_Code=12345&Product_Code=MM-PRS&Category_Code=9

This is a Pro Racers Package with this you can make your own custom tune call me next week.

4play
04-08-2010, 09:20 PM
I can just imagine it now... LOL BOOOM ummm.... Dennis, something went wrong engine ejected it's self LOL, i was hopeing with that software I could download your tune into the car without the SCT 3... i dont think I would be all that good at doing my own custom tune. especially with that software i'm sure I could do some serious damage.

bugsyc
08-08-2012, 03:20 AM

Global Spark
Spark 0-2000
Spark 2000-4000
Spark 4000-8000
Idle RPM Neutral
Idle RPM Drive
WOT Air-Fuel
Rev Limit Neutral
Rev Limit Drive
Shift Pressure 1-2
Shift Pressure 2-3
Shift Pressure 3-4
Shift MPH 1-2
Shift MPH 2-3
Shift MPH 3-4
Final Drive Ratio
Tire Revs-Mile
Speed Limiter

Is there an adjustment for retarding or advancing timing???or is that taken care of by global spark???

J.bo
08-09-2012, 01:06 PM
How do you use or what is the purpose of the Shift MPH adjustments? I sure would like to know.