PDA

View Full Version : 2010 Ford Taurus SHO

wchain
04-06-2010, 02:31 PM
Ordered a 2010 SHO 400B ("Stripped") with the 12S Performance Package

Finally came in after waiting 3 months for it.

Here are some pics.

http://images9.fotki.com/v448/photos/1/41821/8182833/DSC06301-vi.jpg

http://images20.fotki.com/v533/photos/1/41821/8182833/DSC06302-vi.jpg

http://images9.fotki.com/v449/photos/1/41821/8182833/DSC06303-vi.jpg

http://images9.fotki.com/v449/photos/1/41821/8182833/DSC06305-vi.jpg

http://images12.fotki.com/v236/photos/1/41821/8182833/DSC06306-vi.jpg
http://images18.fotki.com/v458/photos/1/41821/8182833/DSC06307-vi.jpg

http://images19.fotki.com/v285/photos/1/41821/8182833/DSC06308-vi.jpg

wchain
04-06-2010, 02:34 PM
http://images9.fotki.com/v447/photos/1/41821/8182833/DSC06311-vi.jpg

http://images18.fotki.com/v458/photos/1/41821/8182833/DSC06312-vi.jpg

http://images53.fotki.com/v443/photos/1/41821/8182833/DSC06313-vi.jpg
http://images9.fotki.com/v449/photos/1/41821/8182833/DSC06314-vi.jpg

ctrlraven
04-06-2010, 02:39 PM
I hate you! lol

When do the mods beginning?

LeoVampire
04-06-2010, 03:23 PM
Nice car hope you Love it for a long time!

visionmercury
04-06-2010, 05:02 PM
enjoy the new ride . I just bought my wife a mkt with the eco boost motor , shame that the 6 cyl is faster than my marauder ( my car performace is stock still , more reasons to upgrade )

guspech750
04-06-2010, 05:07 PM
What is "stripped" from it?
What is the performance package?

What a great looking car you have.

burt ragio
04-06-2010, 05:11 PM
I can't imagine you leaving it all stock for long. Best of luck with your new ride.

babbage
04-06-2010, 05:23 PM
Crazy nice! A black loaded SHO will be my next car. I see a silencer thing on the intake side.

Floor Mats: Wow I see the whole Toyota thing has given ford a serious phobia!
(read: Drivers side mat is no where near the go pedal)

wchain
04-06-2010, 05:51 PM
What is "stripped" from it?
What is the performance package?

Stripped = Base Taurus SHO, no Sony stereo, no cooled seats, no sunroof, laser cruise, blind spot info etc.

None of the other garbage.

However the 'base' car has leather/suede seats, Dual Zone Climate control, power seats, HID, Ambient lighting, Premium sound, Satellite radio, Sync, paddle shifters, SYNC, reverse camera, keyless go, Acoustically treated windshield, double paned front windows, ABS, TC, DSC, etc.

The SHO Performance Package comes with 20" Rims with Goodyear Eagle F1 Supercar tires, lower axle ratio, Different brake pads, Stiffer springs, and recalibrated shocks/struts, and fully defeatable stability control.

Crazy nice! A black loaded SHO will be my next car. I see a silencer thing on the intake side.

Thats actually a noise generator, it opens up during hard acceleration and directs "intake noises" against the firewall. LOL.

Floor Mats: Wow I see the whole Toyota thing has given ford a serious phobia!
(read: Drivers side mat is no where near the go pedal)

Ford has been doing this for a while. The later panther cars have been this way (much to my disappointment). Ironically those are the Ford accessory mats, the SHO mats are in the trunk in plastic still. I am working with Nifty Products to make a catchall carpet mat for the 2010 Taurus.

guspech750
04-06-2010, 05:55 PM
Wow!! F1's and lower axle ratio. Thats cool!! Performance package sounds sweet!!

DOOM
04-06-2010, 06:13 PM
Love the rims!

Mike
04-06-2010, 06:17 PM
Looks good!!

SID210SA
04-06-2010, 07:47 PM
those wheels would look pretty damn good on the Marauder I think....

SpartaPerformance
04-06-2010, 08:37 PM
Looks great! Have fun with it

dohc324ci
04-06-2010, 09:17 PM
I like it! SHO EcoBoost is an awesome car.

UAW 588
04-07-2010, 02:53 AM
Hope you enjoy driving it as much as I enjoyed building it. Made with pride on the south side!!!! Drive it like you stole it.

CBT
04-07-2010, 03:17 AM
Okay now asnwer the important question: does it blaze up the tires? :)
I like it, they have some sitting in front of the local Ferd dealer, even the white one looked sharp.

wchain
04-07-2010, 06:29 AM
those wheels would look pretty damn good on the Marauder I think....

Come over and we'll try them on.... :beer:

mrjones
04-07-2010, 06:37 AM
Nice car Wes! I love that Tuxedo Black paint. I wish the MM paint looked as good. Is your car FWD or AWD? I drove one down at McRee a couple of months ago and loved it. I did think the center console was a bit too big, although it might be more of a butt problem than a center console problem!

erainsford
04-07-2010, 07:41 AM
Best of luck with the new ride

LOOkS GOOd

wchain
04-07-2010, 08:50 AM
Nice car Wes! I love that Tuxedo Black paint. I wish the MM paint looked as good. Is your car FWD or AWD? I drove one down at McRee a couple of months ago and loved it. I did think the center console was a bit too big, although it might be more of a butt problem than a center console problem!

All SHOs are AWD!

Hope you enjoy driving it as much as I enjoyed building it. Made with pride on the south side!!!! Drive it like you stole it.

I wish I had known you were building it! I ordered before Thanksgiving and got it in Feb! Build quality is outstanding except for the right rear door, but I'm not going to have it messed with.

Do you know why theres a stop ship on SHOs right now?

ctrlraven
04-07-2010, 08:57 AM
I've been thinking about putting a set of black powder coated Marauder wheels on my 08 Taurus.

Wes if you get a chance if the engine cover can come off could you take that off and take a picture, just curious to see how the layout is compared to the 3.5 NA motor.

Stranger in the Black Sedan
04-07-2010, 10:15 AM
Wow. I'd give my left.... well actually I'd give my marauder for that. Probably.

2,4shofast
04-07-2010, 12:26 PM
Wes....I am jealous as hell! Congrats and enjoy it! :beer:

juno
04-07-2010, 12:57 PM
Sweet!!

Give us driving impressions!!!!

LordVader
04-07-2010, 01:04 PM
Congrats on the new ride. Jury is still out for me on whether this design is growing on me. Still seems a little slab sided to me, kind of in the mold of the Chrysler 300's. But the color is good, the wheels look great and it's still in the family.

DJCV
04-07-2010, 02:36 PM
Great-looking car!
I would buy/order one just like that one....................and then I'd want to drop it about an inch all around and then de-chrome the front grille a bit.
I'm NOT HATING---it's a great-looking car---I'd just want to customize it a bit. :)

Joe Walsh
04-07-2010, 02:48 PM
Love the rims!

Those wheels would look pretty damn good on the Marauder I think....

Come over and we'll try them on.... :beer:

A BIG +2!!!

What size and offset are those beautiful rims?.....:hmmm:

rayjay
04-07-2010, 06:19 PM
Sweet car Wes. Congrats!

SamF
04-08-2010, 02:49 PM
Thats a sweet ride. You know, it never occurred to me before, but that front quarter view has lines that remind me of the Interceptor concept car...really cool. How is the performance? Have you had a chance to stretch the legs a bit...?

http://images9.fotki.com/v448/photos/1/41821/8182833/DSC06301-vi.jpg
http://www.kitfoster.com/images/2007-2-14_Ford_Interceptor-concept-13Web-Large.jpg

Marauderman
04-08-2010, 03:59 PM
Unless I missed it--------you should tell those who don't know--------------the power it comes with--------like the 365HP, etc...unless the stripped , stripped some of that ............????????

a lot of folks want to cut to meat ( car club thingy ).......know what I mean............

my thoughts --....

CRUZTAKER
04-08-2010, 04:18 PM
Congratulations WES!

I'll tell you man, my brother in law gets a free car yearly from Ford as part of his incentive package.

He has had a black SHO for some time now.
The interior is fabulous, and this one is loaded with every extra available.
Very nice indeed, and very handsome.

However, I took for a private spin, beat the crap out of it, and just wasn't impressed with the power.

We must be spoiled. :P

wchain
04-08-2010, 06:36 PM
Sweet!!

Give us driving impressions!!!!

So far so good. I had a Five Hundred for a little bit, which has a nice solid feel, but was really lacking in the HP department.

The high beltline takes a little getting used to. The Goodyear Eagle F1 Supercars are super sticky and handling is outstanding with the Performance pack. The lower ratio also helps. Brakes are awesome, but I'll be upgrading to the Police Brakes when the parts become available. Electric power steering has great feel.

The engine is sweet, but its very quiet, no exhaust note like the MM. Transmission shifting is really good but there is a little room for improvement. Paddle shifters are cool but the PCM still doesnt allow you to lug or over-rev. Car's really sweet spot is midrange acceleration. Pulls hard. Not bad in all other situations, but once its moving and you mash it, thats where it really shines. Fuel economy has been around 18mpg, 80% city, 20% freeway driving. Driving overall is a joy. Very nimble and car tracks wonderfully. I drove a non performance pack car and it was nice, but did not feel as 'sharp' as the performance pack car.

The sync is nice, as is the standard stereo. The "base" car has ambient lighting, 7 speaker stereo, backup Camera, etc, so its well loaded. Interior fit and finish is great, but the leather quality is not as great as the MM was. Still better than the crap GM puts in their cars. Exterior fit and finish are very good, but the right rear door is misaligned. Im not going to ask them to do anything with it. My previous experience is that once you ask them to start fussing with it, it only gets worse.

The car is very quiet inside. Laminated double pane front glass and acoustic windshield make it almost vault like. A lot of people have asked me "is that a Lexus?" before seeing the Ford Oval. Its funny.

Congrats on the new ride. Jury is still out for me on whether this design is growing on me. Still seems a little slab sided to me, kind of in the mold of the Chrysler 300's. But the color is good, the wheels look great and it's still in the family.

Yeah the slab siding takes time to get used to, but the car is growing on me. I didn't like the rear end at all, but the spoiler makes it look nicer. Other Taurus without the spoiler look funny.

Great-looking car!
I would buy/order one just like that one....................and then I'd want to drop it about an inch all around and then de-chrome the front grille a bit.
I'm NOT HATING---it's a great-looking car---I'd just want to customize it a bit. :)

Thats why I had to order the dang car. All the SHOs out there were 401 pkg (Sunroof, 12 speaker sony, heated and cooled seats) or 402, which added more superfluous Lexus like crap I dont want. And the Perfomance Pack was only available in 400 ( base SHO) or 401. Not to mention, the 401 package was 2000 more, and 402 package cars out there all had additional addons, like Nav, distronic cruise etc. Pushing the sticker price of the car to 43-45 grand. Ford really was pushing people to buy the loaded versions, so I waited. The good part is, I ordered during job #1, got a job #2 car, which has the backup camera inside the rearview mirror, but increased the price by 600 bucks. My dealer filed for price protection so I paid job #1 price! :)

The only other 400 package cars that were out there had no performance pack, so I ordered.

I also thought about dechroming. I'll be swapping out for the honeycomb PI grille, but I like the silver cutouts in the bumper. The rear chrome has also has grown on me, it sets the rear end off. I would like to lower the car but I dont want ride height to suffer, we'll see. Eibach has springs out already.

What size and offset are those beautiful rims?.....:hmmm:

Similar to the 05+ Mustang, so should fit 03+ panthers pretty good.

Unless I missed it--------you should tell those who don't know--------------the power it comes with--------like the 365HP, etc...unless the stripped , stripped some of that ............????????

a lot of folks want to cut to meat ( car club thingy ).......know what I mean............

my thoughts --....

Yes, all SHOs are 365 HP. No stripping of HP, I was trying to strip the price and weight of the car down as low as possible. Also the Performance pack car has no spare (silly), you get a can of 'sealant' and a compressor.

Congratulations WES!

I'll tell you man, my brother in law gets a free car yearly from Ford as part of his incentive package.

He has had a black SHO for some time now.
The interior is fabulous, and this one is loaded with every extra available.
Very nice indeed, and very handsome.

However, I took for a private spin, beat the crap out of it, and just wasn't impressed with the power.

We must be spoiled. :P

Good to hear from you Barry!

Since hes got the loaded car, its got no perf pack and is chunkier than my car. LOL, I'm sure your MM would walk all over it.

FWIW, theres folks at the SHO board that are running 12.9s at the track with a tune and intake.

One guy ran a 12.7 but he ventilated his block shortly afterwards.

Fords being very careful about denying warranty claims on blown motors, so I'm gunshy about tuning my car.

Lets just say that when I was in Mexico, it held its own so far against a G37 6 speed, Challenger R/T, CLS550, and a 06 Mustang GT .

Dennis Reinhart
04-08-2010, 07:15 PM
They are a real neat car, here are some of what I know of them, they are very hard to tune, Ford has now sent out a TSB that if any of these have drive train issues the PCM has to be checked and if they determine, the car has been Flashed they void the warranty, the power steering belt has no tensioner the belt is rolled on, if the water pump goes its over 900.00 it is behind the timing cover, but the car is awesome and there is a possibility, this will be the next PI.

Murader03
04-08-2010, 11:55 PM
I've had my Candy Red 402A SHO since 2/20/10. It's approaching 5K due to two long trips. One was a down and back, sameday, from Delaware to south of Roanoke, Va. That was about an 8 hour trip. The other was from Del. to Ohio to SC and back over 10 days. The SC to Ohio trip covered Va. and WVA mountain driving. Car was solid throughout the entire trip. We averaged 25+ MPG at a stready 75+ MPH. Wes was accurate about midrange power. When passing on two lane roads, you need to start move out before mashing the pedal or you'll be into the back of the other car before you know it. The car flies.....My original order was held up by Ford, so we searched other dealers for this car, as my financial arrangement was about to run out. I didn't want the 20" tires, but this car came with them. Glad it did, fills out the wheel wells more. Also glad I installed my Laser Blinder, as it saved out butts several times. V1 also worked great, but when the laser warning goes off here, it's to late. The other unit will blind the laser so it can't get a reading. Love the car both inside and out!

pantheroc
04-16-2010, 04:33 PM
Saw something sickening at the dealer the other day...

Took my Crown in for some work and in line was a brand new black SHO. On the floor in front of it was a drill, four screws and a license plate bracket. Oh the humanity!!

Kennyrauder
04-16-2010, 07:27 PM
welcome to the province of Ontario Canada. Plate front & back!!! Why we have 2 plates & visitors are cool with only 1 drives me nuts. The Chrysler 300 looks awful with a front plate also Pontiac Solstice looks like a complete joke with a front plate. God save us from government.

wchain
04-19-2010, 09:17 AM
Texas also a front and back state :(

pantheroc
04-19-2010, 08:24 PM
When I got the Marauder, I was able to sign a waiver at the dealer to prevent the front plate install in OH. Not sure if still avail or not.

Midnight
04-19-2010, 09:46 PM
BOOOOOOOOOOO (raising fist in air like old man) for front licence plates that are unnecessary for the area you live(of course if its required, write your congressman and get rid of that junk!)
i had my marauder's paint scratched up one time, from a "accident" and i purposely messed up the bumper, so it could be repainted, and the front bracket filled in....

I test drove the SHO... was thinking it was my next vehicle after i tear apart my marauder...

BUT.. im thinking not... the all wheel drive system kinda kills it, theirs just too much moving parts, that make the car very sluggish..

but hey.. im sure someone will come around, throw that thing on a dyno.. (which actually may be more difficult then i think.. since i dont think theirs any all wheel drive dyno's out there...could veer off and kill someone.. hmm.. but what do i know.)

but, maybe someone can play with it and make it more responsive.

but question...... how much did you pay for the stripped down version?

i was talking to my salesperson from my dealer, and they WANT you to take the one on the lot, of course. instead of maybe talking the dealer down a tad on the vehicle on the lot? or maybe their wasn't any on the lot, here in south florida, theirs always 2-3 on the lot. i look at them.. and i need to wipe the drool off my shirt.

but KUDOS for ford... that taurus has every control in EXACTLY THE CORRECT PLACE... their is no need to lift your back from the seat to adjust ANYTHING... you can sit very comfortably in the car, and everything is a minor arm extension away... no back movement whatsoever....

if anything, id get a SEL. with the tits package. Florida doesn't need AWD.. kills through tires quicker too. i still dont know how these Subaru dealers sell cars in swelteringly hot south florida.

Well. who knows.....

i still beg for another performance panther.

ncmm
04-19-2010, 10:07 PM
Ordered a 2010 SHO 400B ("Stripped") with the 12S Performance Package

Finally came in after waiting 3 months for it.

Here are some pics.

<snip>

http://images19.fotki.com/v285/photos/1/41821/8182833/DSC06308-vi.jpg

sweet Tuxedo Black metallic. . .love it! enjoy!

Pat
04-20-2010, 04:05 AM
I went to Ford.com and tried to build a SHO like yours, couldn't do it. Didn't offer the wheels or performance package. WTF?

JerseyVics
04-20-2010, 07:40 PM
congratulations on your purchase buddy!

MENINBLK
05-21-2010, 05:50 PM
I went to Ford.com and tried to build a SHO like yours, couldn't do it. Didn't offer the wheels or performance package. WTF?

You need to start with the SHO package and don't add anything else...

Wes,
The 09 TaurusX has the same engine without the twin turbos
and the same AWD system. 265 HP. For 265 it has a lot of get up and go...

What is the curb weight of the SHO?

When I repaint the Marauder, its gonna be Tuxedo Black for sure...
I just love the way the TaurusX looks in it.

SC Cheesehead
05-21-2010, 07:14 PM
03mmmonroe stopped by this evening on the way back from ATL, was driving a SHO he had on loan.

Got a chance to take a ride in it. Two words: LOVE IT.

Canadasvt
06-11-2010, 01:03 PM
Congrats on the SHO Wes. As I told you before, it's still not available in Canada without that darn sunroof so it's not on my list...yet.

Here is an interesting take on a new SHO http://jalopnik.com/5488327/2010-mobsteel-ford-taurus-sho-first-drive