PDA

View Full Version : Custom BC Automotive VB Kit installed!

babbage
04-15-2010, 07:19 AM
I called up Darrin and told him what I wanted (firm and quick, but not harsh) and he shipped me a complete custom Valve Body kit. Wow it's really awesome. Shifts are quick and fast but not harsh at all. Really makes the car a lot better. The shifts are so much faster and better than stock - but not annoying - I love it!! I already have an SCT tune that makes the shifts more firm but in comparison this custom VB kit is 5x better.

Took me a while because I messed up and didn't get that black electrical connector seated properly! First time I went to put it in reverse the damn O/D light was flashing. Called Darrin and he told me what to do...

Drained trans fluid into brand new drip tray (with spout) to save the new AMSOIL so I could pour it back in. Took it apart, reseated connectors. All better after that. There are a lot of 8mm bolts that's for sure. I really want a two post lift -- this job would have been so much easier, especially putting the 1-2 springs cap and snap ring back in...

Anyway I love it Darrin! Thanks for an awesome kit. :burnout:

Ktorres1
04-15-2010, 06:03 PM
What is this kit goin for ?

babbage
04-16-2010, 05:42 AM
What is this kit goin for ?

Complete kit with install instructions - $375 - free shipping. Tell him how you want it and the kit is customized to your taste. Bonus: you get to keep all your stock transmission parts. This is a fairly complicated and messy install even with the kit already J Modded and ready to go.

LeoVampire
04-16-2010, 10:43 AM
I am sure a few guys will want to do this to thier own cars.

Nice of you to share the knowledge. :beer:

Zack
04-16-2010, 11:23 AM
Complete kit with install instructions - $375 - free shipping. Tell him how you want it and the kit is customized to your taste. Bonus: you get to keep all your stock transmission parts. This is a fairly complicated and messy install even with the kit already J Modded and ready to go.

The only thing in a traditional J-Mod in the valve body is 4-5 slightly enlarged holes in the seperator plate, FYI.

Ktorres1
04-16-2010, 10:19 PM
Ok so how do I get a true j-mod? How do I know it's what I'm geting? Is there any trusted shops known out here in south fl?

fastblackmerc
04-17-2010, 05:10 AM
Ok so how do I get a true j-mod? How do I know it's what I'm geting? Is there any trusted shops k own out here in south fl?

Do it yourself.

Darrin
04-17-2010, 03:17 PM
I can do a kit that is just a j-mod. That isn't a problem at all. All one has to do is tell me what they are after and as loing as it can be done, I can do it.

Darrin

Darrin
04-17-2010, 03:19 PM
Anyway I love it Darrin! Thanks for an awesome kit. :burnout:

Thank you Eric! I always aim to please and love getting feedback.

Darrin

NATEHAWK
04-18-2010, 06:46 AM
The tranny Darrin did in my car shifts great not a single problem

PRCARGUY
04-18-2010, 01:00 PM
The j-mod valve body is worth having. :burn: I got mine from Darrin also, and I am very happy with it. :D