PDA

View Full Version : Installed Lidio tune today SCT X3

JimP
04-16-2010, 03:09 PM
Like the title says, I installed Lidio's 93 Octane tune today. Wow, what a difference all around. No more bogging down part way through second gear when the T/C locks up on you.

Put your foot into it, and the down shifts are very pronounced, up-shifts I get rubber from 1-2, and 2-3 is very firm and fast. Only other mod I have is a cold air intake FIPK by K & N so far. Seat of the pants is night and day over stock, car pulls much harder.

Now the car always feels just right, no more hunting for gears and having to force downshifts with the throttle while just cruising around.

The only change I had Lidio make was the T/C lock up at 53 mph instead of 63 mph while in O/D, this is perfect for my local roads.

Feels like the car lost some weight!

Thanks Lidio!

Ktorres1
04-16-2010, 03:16 PM
Any idea how much hp & tq numbers lidio's tune gives? Some say his tune is kinda on the soft side on the numbers but I've heard nothing but good on the trans improvement!

Got_1
04-16-2010, 03:21 PM
The only change I had Lidio make was the T/C lock up at 53 mph instead of 63 mph while in O/D, this is perfect for my local roads.

Thanks Lidio!

thats the one thing i need to get lidio to change. other than that i love this tune

was this a mail order tune or did you go to his shop?

breeze
04-16-2010, 03:22 PM
when the T/C locks up does it feel like a "half shift"?

Got_1
04-16-2010, 03:30 PM
kinda. if you watch the tach your RPM's will drop about 100-200

breeze
04-16-2010, 03:31 PM
so if it does this u have NO tune?

Got_1
04-16-2010, 03:48 PM
no, the tune just changes when the TC locks up

JimP
04-16-2010, 04:01 PM
thats the one thing i need to get lidio to change. other than that i love this tune

was this a mail order tune or did you go to his shop?

This was a mail order tune. I have both 93 and 91 tunes as well as an empty spot for upload of a future tune.

As for numbers his site says 20 HP and about the same for torque. I'm happy with it. With stock factory tune your T/C locks up halfway through second gear, it also locks in third. This makes the car feel heavy and as if it's always in the wrong gear, you can't take advantage of torque multiplication if the T/C is locked.

Ktorres1
04-16-2010, 05:15 PM
Good stuff, I wonder how it improves 0-60mph times as well as the 1/2 miles times? Anyone ever test this ?

tbone
04-16-2010, 06:41 PM
I want one so bad. I just spent my extra dough on brakes, headlights and tires. I WILL get one someday!

SC Cheesehead
04-16-2010, 07:44 PM
Good stuff, I wonder how it imprves 0-60mph times as well as the 1/2 miles times? Anyone ever test this ?

I'm assuming typo and that you meant 1/4 mile times.

I dropped almost a full second from stock with a tune, CAI, and UD pullies installed. (Mid 15's to mid 14's)

hwy73
04-16-2010, 07:59 PM

I had him do the exact same thing with my tune, agreed, difference in the car is night and day.

jeffrt
04-17-2010, 06:39 PM
I just went over to Lidio's shop today and got his tune.
Lidio was a great guy to deal with.
Loving it so far! Really livens the car up, just like I've read on here several times.
He put the standard tune in for 63 mph T/C lock, and I also had him put a tune on my unit that has a T/C lockup at 58 mph. I plan to try the standard one for a week or two, then try the other one out.

Zack
04-18-2010, 11:04 AM
Lidios Tuning never locks the converter in 2nd, FYI.
It doesnt lock in in 3rd unless the throttle position is at or near WOT.

Blk Mamba
04-18-2010, 11:20 AM
I want one so bad. I just spent my extra dough on brakes, headlights and tires. I WILL get one someday!

this is how I feel, both my, EATC, & LCM, both went south, lucky a member here repairs these so, I may have a little for tires.

musclemerc
04-18-2010, 12:16 PM
If you guy's don't start with atleast a tune you will never know the potential of the MM. It's a must have!

Rockettman
04-19-2010, 11:27 AM
Do any of you guys know how I can get on of his tunes if I already have a tuner? I've been told he doesn't send them; only if you mail your unit to him.
I'm in Canada, and his tunes sound like they're really worth a try.
Mine are from Zack, and are great...just want to try something for a change.

BAD MERC
04-19-2010, 11:30 AM
Good stuff, I wonder how it improves 0-60mph times as well as the 1/2 miles times? Anyone ever test this ?

Come drive mine. Gears, a Lidio tune, mufflers, CAI and UD pulley make the car feel 1,000lbs lighter. Regardless of test numbers - you can FEEL the difference.

musclemerc
04-19-2010, 11:31 AM
^^^ If your lucky enough to have the Z tune then your done! There have been others that have tried tunes from other vendors and agreed "He" has the best one. No offense to anyone on the site

JimP
04-19-2010, 02:37 PM
^^^ If your lucky enough to have the Z tune then your done! There have been others that have tried tunes from other vendors and agreed "He" has the best one. No offense to anyone on the site

Your good with the Zack tune.

I would love to try one myself.

Today I played with the tuner a little, raised the idle rpm to 666 in drive, played with line pressure from 1-2 (+10%) and 3-4 (+5%) the rest is all Lidio's 93 tune, didn't mess wit the Global Spark. I now have the car I wanted and I think my mileage has also increased:)

Can anyone chime in with feedback about line pressures, anyone bump these up any more?

Ktorres1
04-19-2010, 09:39 PM
Yes I will take you up on that offer Kenny that is definatly one bad a$$ merc!!! For those that haven't seen kenny's sunshinestate 04 SB silverbirch MM, it is truly a beauty queen with FLAWLESS maintenance and spot on upgrades that make you think it's a 2010 MM!

4play
04-20-2010, 08:39 PM

Today I played with the tuner a little, raised the idle rpm to 666 in drive, played with line pressure from 1-2 (+10%) and 3-4 (+5%) the rest is all Lidio's 93 tune, didn't mess wit the Global Spark. I now have the car I wanted and I think my mileage has also increased:)

Can anyone chime in with feedback about line pressures, anyone bump these up any more?

depending on the condition of your tranny I would becareful how much pressure you add. otherwise you may be another one looking for a tranny rebuid shortly after getting a tune.

Ktorres1
04-20-2010, 10:08 PM
Didn't know that about the line pressure, I just spoke with lidio on Monday and discussed the open parameters but didn't touch on that to much maybe I'll give him a call back after I recieve his amazing tune Thursday which is actually what he said to do. He really is great dude and I had a pretty good talk with him in ensuring I would recieve a pretty aggressive tune as well as have any options available to me and his expertise a phone call away!

tbone
04-20-2010, 10:37 PM
this is how I feel, both my, EATC, & LCM, both went south, lucky a member here repairs these so, I may have a little for tires.

Unless my wife says OK!

kphillykid1023
04-20-2010, 11:26 PM
I really dont no much bout cars,tunes etc but i want a tune and some 4:10 gears so can i get all this stuff mailed to me and get a local speed shop to set it up?

Ktorres1
04-21-2010, 07:17 AM
The tune you can do yourself it's a simple plug and play while the gears should be a simple Job around $200-$300 for your local speed shop

281MERC
05-09-2010, 07:57 PM

i thought the 1-2 line pressure is already maxed out on his tune so adding any with your controller does squat. i tried adding 15% and didnt notice any difference. correct me if im wrong:confused:

281MERC
05-17-2010, 08:47 PM
anyone????????????????

Ktorres1
05-17-2010, 09:48 PM
I'm not sure if that would be the case, if so why would lidio leave such user abilities that are false? Don't believe lidio to be this kind of guy but I myself max'd out all my line pressures in all shifts.

281MERC
05-20-2010, 04:51 PM
I'm not sure if that would be the case, if so why would lidio leave such user abilities that are false? Don't believe lidio to be this kind of guy but I myself max'd out all my line pressures in all shifts.
I dont think he has a choice, SCT's menu/user interface/whatever you want to call it is just programmed that way to always give ya the option......I think. did you notice a difference in the 1-2 shift after you adjusted it......Honestly?

MitchB
06-13-2010, 06:30 AM
Lidios Tuning never locks the converter in 2nd, FYI.
It doesnt lock in in 3rd unless the throttle position is at or near WOT.

Explain how you know that.

musclemerc
06-13-2010, 06:36 AM
^^^He knows...

vtwoodsman
06-13-2010, 09:57 AM
I got the Lidio tune as well for 93 and 91 octane. Major improvement in transmission shifts and overall performance. I had some small issue with ping/knock during light to moderate acceleration, which I narrowed down to the ethanol/gas.

MitchB
06-13-2010, 11:20 AM
^^^He knows...

And I know more than you. I'm not asking you. Back to the question: how do you know what Lido puts into a tune?

TooManyFords
06-13-2010, 12:47 PM
And I know more than you. I'm not asking you. Back to the question: how do you know what Lido puts into a tune?

Maybe because others who have "Lid's" [sic] tune have been advertising it here for 6 year?

http://www.mercurymarauder.net/forums/showpost.php?p=133942&postcount=7

/troll