PDA

View Full Version : New Feature! Time Slip Database!

Logan
11-17-2003, 07:51 PM
Busy busy busy. Your dedicated Marauder website guy has been busy.

I've added a full featured timeslip database to the site. You can access the timeslip database via the main menu on the left hand side of the site and you can edit your personal best timeslip info via the preferences link on the menu or via the timeslips page itself.

Pretty straightforward, so enjoy!!

Note: This is on the honor system, but I do have buttons that will prevent abusers or posers from using the database, so if you're thinking you're going to post up your 9 second marauder, I better see a timeslip pic linked to it!!

Click HERE (http://www.mercurymarauder.net/forums/timeslips.php) to see the timeslips database!!

GarageMahal
11-17-2003, 08:07 PM
Glad to see this! I can never seem to remember what everyones times are. Any chance for a spot for 0-60 times? Just wondering really, what's there is great :)

jta

Logan
11-17-2003, 08:08 PM
More coming. :)

GarageMahal
11-17-2003, 08:11 PM
hmmmm..... loss of vehicle profile privileges.... hmmmm....

/me thinks he see's more good stuff coming :coolman:

Bigdogjim
11-17-2003, 08:12 PM
I have said it before the best never rest:)

duhtroll
11-17-2003, 08:13 PM
Dangit, and I was just gonna post my 11.5 second totally stock MM slip from, uh, Bob's Eastside Raceway.

Poo.

-A

sailsmen
11-17-2003, 08:13 PM
Thanks Logan, this site just keeps getting better!

What is density altitude?

The track is 12' above sea level.

:D :D :D

sailsmen
11-17-2003, 08:15 PM
Is that 11 second an 1/8 miles time?

This hopped up 4 wheel ATC ran an 1/8 in the 8 second range.;) ;) ;)

darebren
11-18-2003, 07:44 AM
cool.

Ross
11-18-2003, 11:15 AM
Now this is really cool! Thanks. Logan. I guess I'm running out of excuses not to take my MM to the track. Got to get on that list .

gonzo50
11-18-2003, 11:36 AM
WOW ! MAD-3R in his Marauder VT has 380 WHP according to the data, but is only doing 14.099 @ 97.67 mph, what gives ?

Thats 10 WHP less than MI2QWK4U who is in the twelves. :confused:

Ross
11-18-2003, 02:41 PM
Maybe I read the chart wrong, but I thought it said that MAD3R has 280, not 380:confused:

Smokie
11-18-2003, 04:03 PM
I love it.... except I am the slowest entry:bigcry:

Dr Caleb
11-18-2003, 04:12 PM
Originally posted by Smokie
I love it.... except I am the slowest entry:bigcry:

Not to worry. The rest of us stockers just haven't posted because Marty and Todd will just make fun of us.

Smokie
11-18-2003, 04:23 PM
When I told the wife I was the slowest entry she said: " I told you to remove the craftsman tools and the organizer out the trunk!!! " :lol:

Bob Mathis
11-18-2003, 05:41 PM
Logan thanks for this. It was a great day for me and I feel I can run 12.9's with some tire's and I have them.

kurly
11-18-2003, 06:27 PM
Logan, thanks very much. The is terrific! I will check it out every day. And, when the time is right, I hope to post some time slips . . . if my ticker can take it !!!

cruzer
11-18-2003, 08:39 PM
kurly, just go and try it---it's a blast-I had a great time at Ennis and just watching the others perform--I'll post my times tomorrow--they are attached to my Marauder scratch pad in the car--hope to make one more run this week ????

martyo
11-18-2003, 10:13 PM
Ummm Todd, don't you have any slips for your "grand touring" car? I sure would like to see the one where I spanked your sorry azz in Texas!

gonzo50
11-20-2003, 01:37 PM
Originally posted by Ross
Maybe I read the chart wrong, but I thought it said that MAD3R has 280, not 380:confused:
When I posted at 1:36 pm on the 18th, it said 380 whp, you posted later at 4:41 pm on the same day and obviously it was corrected. Thats the magic of computers, Thank you very much. :D

MAD-3R
11-20-2003, 02:03 PM
Yeah, sorry. :) Was wishfull thinking on my part.

280 RWHP is correct

MI2QWK4U
11-21-2003, 11:52 AM
Logan, I just wanted to voice an opinion on the time slip page... Others as well as myself were wondering about something, so I guess I will say it. This is a Marauder site, not a Mustang, Thunderbird, Corvette, or Ricer site. Is there any chance of haveing a time sheet page for strictly our Marauders, and another one for everything else we have? I personally have a fast Mustang, but I wont put it's times on our time sheet page because its not a Marauder, I belong to a Mustang forum I can do that on. I dont care what any other models besides a Marauder do. Whats going to happen is anyone with a fast car will post and next thing you know, you have to search down to actually find a Marauder. Simply stated, the time sheet page Logan created should be restricted to Marauders only. Bottom line.
Anyone else thinking this way thats willing to admit it?

TAF
11-21-2003, 11:55 AM
Originally posted by MI2QWK4U
Is there any chance of haveing a time sheet page for strictly our Marauders...

Dave, you're just afraid of that 1st Sable post...:lol::lol::lol:

J/K...I agree.

Ross
11-21-2003, 12:08 PM
I think it's a good idea to limit it to our MM's.

MAD-3R
11-21-2003, 12:26 PM
How about MM's and SS's. Alow us to keep an eye on the competition. :)

LincMercLover
11-21-2003, 12:39 PM
Originally posted by MAD-3R
Alow us to keep an eye on the competition. :)

Well, if it's the competition that can post on there, then the Accord and Sable must have some rights too... No? :lol:

MAD-3R
11-21-2003, 01:10 PM
::sniff::

John F. Russo
11-21-2003, 01:58 PM
Thank you Logan for keeping your ear to the shaking ground.

It's a good start from that huge energy blast from the last thread, "Who is the baddest?". I think I generated just about the right amount of heat on this subject to get it moving in the direction that I and others advocated.

I agree that we should have one spreadsheet for our MM's only.

But does this preclude a separate timeslip spreadsheet on the same site for any non MM car that belongs to members only?

merc406
11-21-2003, 02:07 PM
I agree, the ET page should be just for Marauders.

Paul T. Casey
11-21-2003, 02:20 PM
Thanks Logan, and someone tell Smokie that I took the heat off him. I'll get the rest of the data later, I'm at work now and don't have it handy.

MI2QWK4U
11-21-2003, 03:14 PM
I think it would be nice to have a separate time/fact sheet for members vehicles that arent Marauders. Like I said, I would love to post my mustang info, but it doesnt belong on the one Logan set up.

Smokie
11-21-2003, 03:17 PM
Originally posted by Paul T. Casey
and someone tell Smokie that I took the heat off him. Thanks Paul, now I can sleep at night:lol:

About MM. only Time Slips. Here is a suggestion to Logan; can you configure an extra choice or option in "Sort by" called Marauder only. I believe that could satisfy "most members" and we would have the best of both worlds.:coolman: :coolman:

GarageMahal
11-21-2003, 03:36 PM
From what I can tell, each member can only have a single timeslip listed. If this is the case I am perfectly fine with the member choosing which of their cars to list regardless of make/model. I like to see how the 'competition' is doing.

The only requirement I would have is to only allow full members (reaching a minimum post count) to list their timeslip.

Just my opinion,
jta

HookedOnCV
11-22-2003, 10:41 AM
OK guys, how about the PANTHER platform cars instead of JUST the Marauder. Our cars are VERY similar in weight, transmission, etc. The biggest difference performance-wise is your DOHC 32 valve engine instead of our lower performance SOHC 16 valve engines on the Crown Vic, Grand Marquis, and Town Cars.

Logan, you would probably have to add another field to you database with PANTHER platform and OTHER as options.

I know my s/c Vic can't compete with the Trilogy, Reinhart, etc. s/c setup due to the Marauder owners having a better engine to build from, but I think it is fair to include us as an equal.

I would love to own a s/c Marauder instead of my s/c Vic. There are many things about the Marauder that are superior to the other Panther cars...but they are all built by the same people in the same factory. We are your brothers and sisters as well!

Todd

Logan
11-22-2003, 12:23 PM
I'm evaluating my options. I'll probably just hook in a link that'll let take you to a Marauder only list, and one that includes all enthusiasts.

kurly
11-25-2003, 06:49 PM
Originally posted by cruzer
kurly, just go and try it---it's a blast-I had a great time at Ennis and just watching the others perform--I'll post my times tomorrow--they are attached to my Marauder scratch pad in the car--hope to make one more run this week ????

Go Cruzer! I'm watching for your time slips!

You and your family have a Happy Thanksgiving!

kurly
11-25-2003, 06:52 PM
SergntMac,

Please post some of you old and new timeslips!

thanks

cruzer
11-25-2003, 08:11 PM
kurley, missed my chance to run the 1/4--they had a big meet last weekend and I couldn't get a slot---slept too late. There is a 1/8 mile track still open --will try that. Would rather run a 1/4 because these big birds don't get going til the last 1/8th--- just laid an 8 ft scratch on new concrete with tires with 100 miles on them!!!(twice). Just get out there and have fun---you'll feel better every day. maury

kurly
11-25-2003, 08:35 PM
Smokin'! Cool! Are you like staging for that 8 ft scratch? How do you do that from a standing start? Clue me in and I will give it a try tomorrow!

cruzer
11-29-2003, 09:38 PM
Just traction control and OD off in drive--standing start--no staging--Haven't been able to duplicate--just been through car wash and new tires ???? Anyhow, it sure impressed the Mustang owner

SergntMac
11-30-2003, 03:45 AM
Originally posted by kurly
SergntMac, Please post some of you old and new timeslips! Thanks

Sorry, kurly, I'm not ready to do that right now. My KB 1x hasn't seen it's best time yet. I have a time slip for 12.79 with another driver, and my best time is the 12.81 listed in my sig. But, there is work to do over this winter. My rear suspension is much too loose and I'm floating all over the track at the launch. My front suspension is so "pidgeon toe" it's working against me. Once I correct these problems, I expect to reach my goal of 12.5x, and when I do, I'll post it. Meanwhile, thanks for the invite.

kurly
11-30-2003, 11:45 AM
Originally posted by SergntMac
Once I correct these problems, I expect to reach my goal of 12.5x, and when I do, I'll post it. Meanwhile, thanks for the invite.
--------------------------------------------

Sir, I wish I had your problems! A 12.81 while floating all over the track at launch, is still extraordinary! We all know that you are a perfectionist when it comes to our MM's so that goal of 12.5 will happen! Do you think it will be possible to break the 12.0 barrier at some point?

MI2QWK4U
11-30-2003, 07:39 PM
Anything more on a Marauder only Time Slip page?

kurly
12-01-2003, 04:17 PM
Anything more on a Marauder only Time Slip page?

Ditto . . . we have to hunt for our MM's. (option B - filter or sort function?)

teamrope
12-05-2003, 12:01 AM
I think it would be nice to have a separate time/fact sheet for members vehicles that arent Marauders. Like I said, I would love to post my mustang info, but it doesnt belong on the one Logan set up.

I'm with you there, I've only had the car 1 week, and the tracks are closed for the winter up here. I did pull a 14:92 in my non-posi Chevelle at Bremerton last summer. (TG for manual 4 speed or it would have ben a mid 18) Anyone know the cheapest mod that will get the 03 into the 14's without voiding the waranty?

Paul T. Casey
12-05-2003, 12:55 AM
Run the gas outta the tank, remove weight in the trunk, keep foot on gas pedal all the way down the track and my bone stock would've run in the 14's. Triple Trans Am's car is bone stock, check out his slips. Smokie is in the mid 14's with just a re-flash on the chip. Mid 13's can be had for under $2000, which is pretty darn cheap in my book. Oh, BTW, that's without opening the engine up, just exhaust and ECM/ignition mods. See Reinhart Stage 1 info elsewhere on this site. Also, checked out your homepage, and I liked it. Welcome aboard.

teamrope
12-05-2003, 01:21 AM
Thanks Paul!
I was just checking out the pics from Enis.. I have family in Arlington so I may have to go next year ; )

TripleTransAm
12-05-2003, 07:13 AM
Originally posted by teamrope
Anyone know the cheapest mod that will get the 03 into the 14's without voiding the waranty?

Yes... breaking the car in properly. ;)

Smokie
12-05-2003, 08:13 PM
teamrope After break-in period the car without spending a cent on it will run 14's. We don't always bring out the best in our cars at the track because "most" of us are not experienced drag racers. With the same identical car I have run a 17 sec. 1/4 mile and also 14.xx. The difference has been, sometimes I did a better job driving than others. TTA has run 14.5 with his car exactly like he bought it.:)

teamrope
12-05-2003, 09:41 PM
Thanks guys. One question for TTA...what does break in properly mean. I know in Germany, if you intended to drive the car at top speed for extended periods, the first time you drove it should be on the autobahn at top speed. After a while you would feel somthing go pop and all of a suden have a little bit more speed. Is it the same for us? If it is, it would take me 6 or 7 hours to get to Montana. ;) ;) :D

teamrope
12-05-2003, 09:45 PM
I did have my first stop light race today. A Chevy Z71 Offroad must have mistaken me for a pimped out Crown Vic and got humiliated...What was he thinking?

stumpy
12-05-2003, 10:22 PM
Originally posted by Smokie
teamrope After break-in period the car without spending a cent on it will run 14's. We don't always bring out the best in our cars at the track because "most" of us are not experienced drag racers. With the same identical car I have run a 17 sec. 1/4 mile and also 14.xx. The difference has been, sometimes I did a better job driving than others. TTA has run 14.5 with his car exactly like he bought it.:)

The best way to break in any new engine is to race it at the track, and the worst thing you can do to any new engine is to let Grandma drive it!

If you want my opinion, I'd say have a single time slip page for MMs and other like ford cars and nothing else. The rest can go elsewhere to post their times. Why allow the CVs? Because if you do this right it will provide Marauder enthusiests with an invaluable tool for learning what can be achived with certain mods/combinations.

teamrope
12-05-2003, 10:47 PM
Hey Stumpy,

I wish the tracks were open up here, I guess the stoplight action will have to do for now. I'll just have to be aware of my surroundings, if you know what I mean. ;) ;)

Smokie
12-06-2003, 07:21 AM
teamrope By after break-in period I mean that your car will be faster at 5k than at 500 miles: This is fact based on personal experience. About what "proper" means It would be better for TTA to explain what he means.:)

TripleTransAm
12-06-2003, 07:46 AM
Here's my opinions on break-in...

Disclaimer... I honestly think this is like an oil debate. If there was ONE perfect method (or oil) to maximize your engine's life and enhance performance, it would most certainly have been in print by now.

So here's my opinion on the subject:

I think the 'run it hard if you intend on racing it' theory is left over from the old tech days. Back then, you had rock hard piston rings that would rub up against the cylinder hone and eventually wear their 'tracks' into the walls, kind of 'seating' themselves. (Think of that old Looney Tunes cartoon where the cat plucks away at the pillow for a minute before getting it just right, and that's where he'd snuggle into.) That initial staking of their claim on the cylinder walls was a one shot deal... if there was something that went wrong, a little too much wear on one side, a bit too much rubbing in one direction that wasn't in line with the way the car would be driven, well that's too bad you had that irregularity in the cylinder wear that would be there for the duration of this 'build' until one day that particular cylinder found itself with advanced ring wear and blue smoke...

On top of that, you got Grandma that drove her 389 3x2Bbl Catalina below 1500 RPM for a decade... so long, the outboard carbs practically seized in place. So grandson gets a hold of the car one Sunday after church to go get some supplies at the general store, and makes that old boat see the sweet side of 5000 RPM for the first time ever.... the car comes back smoking and just not running right.

What happens there is that the piston rings have 10 years of wear sc***** off the cylinder walls, and you obviously have a small lip of original metal just beyond where the rings stop in their travel (upwards or downwards). Junior just made those same pistons travel much faster and harder, and with the obvious slight stretching of the rods and caps at the higher RPM (internal forces increase as the square of RPM) or compression at high cylinder pressures, the rings now slammed into those lips of original metal. With enough of that 'abuse', the rings are pounded to heck on their sides, and you need a rebuild before long, even though grandma took it real easy for 10 years.

Nowadays, the rings are the ones to give. That's why so many modern engines still show their original cylinder hones at rebuild. Wow, must be the oil I use. Nope, it's the rings that 'broke in', not the cylinder walls. That's why they claim in user manuals that a formal break-in isn't required. The rings will easily break themselves into the cylinder bore tolerances and that's that.... I guess that's why they say modern engines are pretty much broken in from the factory.

Now, here's where the personal opinion comes in:
The engine isn't only about cylinder hones and rings. There's valve guides, bearings, various mating surfaces, etc. that are going to be experiencing heat cycles for the first times in their existence. With heat cycles come variations in their clearances, more obvious with production tolerances in the various parts all adding up. Eventually things will wear such that they'll be sitting within a range of clearances depending on their temperature.

So my preference is to let these parts "shoulder" into their eventual clearances as easily as possible. I get the feeling that until things 'settle' through enough heat cycles and usage, the risk of throwing one clearance out of range too early might mean an unbalance down the road. I prefer to have the whole engine 'age' uniformly if possible.

Of course, I'm human... was I able to resist matting the gas pedal at some point in the car's early early life? Heck no. But I did keep it relatively rare and just focused on driving the car normally (sometimes reminding myself to vary engine speeds, but mostly just paying attention to traffic first and foremost).

And then beyond that... well, engine parts were made to be consumed. Fact of life. If I spent 99.5% of the mileage on the car with the pedal to the floor, chances are the engine's 'consumed itself' a bit more than someone who's kept it reasonable. Would it be noticeable? Impossible to tell, because you can't look into the future. But chances are a production engine like this was designed to deliver X amount of torque averaged over an expected life span of Y years, with enough of a window to sustain WOT for a certain portion of that timeframe. No big car company 'over engineers' their engines nowadays... it's all 'planned obsolescence' and corner cutting, bean counters be damned.

If anything, this 'middle-of-the-road' type of driving technique allows me to smash the pedal now and again without any feelings of guilt. And I think the engine has 'aged' nicely, and might be a good reason for my 14.56 capability bone stock. It also seemed to work on my LS1, which appears to be getting faster and faster with age (I'm at around 48000 miles or so).

Again, only my opinion... if someone disagrees, I'm always open to learn something new... just please do back it up with some background info to help digest it all....

TripleTransAm
12-06-2003, 07:53 AM
Forgot to add... yes, the car gets faster as you put on the miles. This proves that either the PCM is holding things back until a certain mileage or there is some internal tightness somewhere that needs to wear in properly and evenly (again in my opinion).

Thanks for reminding me, Smokie.

Hemlock
12-12-2003, 03:52 PM
WILL POST HALLSVILLE RESULTS NEXT SAT. THERE WILL BE SEVERAL MM ATTENDING THE RACE , SHOULD BE LOTS OF FUN !! CHEERS!!

teamrope
12-12-2003, 06:28 PM
Originally posted by TripleTransAm
Forgot to add... yes, the car gets faster as you put on the miles. This proves that either the PCM is holding things back until a certain mileage or there is some internal tightness somewhere that needs to wear in properly and evenly (again in my opinion).

Thanks for reminding me, Smokie.

Some thing I just heard from a retired form mechanic about the PCM...The car gets faster after 5000 miles because it learns your driving habits and adjusts to them over time. I now have 1500 miles on the car and I already notice a little bit of difference.

teamrope
12-12-2003, 06:31 PM
Hey TTA,
What are the RPM's at when you shift on your mid 14's runs?