PDA

View Full Version : Wanted To Buy Marauder Center Console

DANTHEVICMAN
04-20-2010, 10:47 AM
Looking for he complete assembly, shell, shifter, mounting plate, cable everything need to swap into a cv with a column shifter.
Thanks guys! Pm me with price if you got one.:bigcry:

RoyLPita
04-20-2010, 10:51 AM
Try this: www.car-part.com .

BAD MERC
04-20-2010, 11:19 AM
Maybe, neverfkucingmind.............. ......

fastblackmerc
04-20-2010, 11:56 AM
Another Marauder wannabe????? :shake::shake::shake:

musclemerc
04-20-2010, 12:00 PM
Ummmmm. NO!

BAD MERC
04-20-2010, 12:11 PM

When you welcome them to Marauder forums - arms open, this happens. I say :banned:

Big Black Beast
04-20-2010, 12:37 PM
Why?! What are you going to do with the column shift?
It's going to be more more trouble than you think to make it work.
I'd leave it alone.

MrBluGruv
04-20-2010, 12:46 PM
LOL, I know I'm an anomaly among MM owners, but since I look at the car as kind of a throw back/nod at the past, and since it's automatic, sometimes I wish I had the bench seat and column shifter combo. Course that's usually when I'm just cruising, when I'm taking it around the twisties I'm usually glad I have bucket seats....

SC Cheesehead
04-20-2010, 12:52 PM
LOL, I know I'm an anomaly among MM owners, but since I look at the car as kind of a throw back/nod at the past, and since it's automatic, sometimes I wish I had the bench seat and column shifter combo. Course that's usually when I'm just cruising, when I'm taking it around the twisties I'm usually glad I have bucket seats....

Hey, do a swap with DANTHEVICMAN, be sure to post up pics! ;)

justbob
04-20-2010, 01:08 PM
Sorry, not gonna happen.

musclemerc
04-20-2010, 01:10 PM

:confused: :confused: :confused: :confused: :confused: :confused:

BAD MERC
04-20-2010, 01:11 PM
Funny thing, I did the EXACT swap in my 2006 Taurus from wrecked car parts. It requires lots of steering column internal parts, wiring harnesses, shift cable, instrument cluster modifications, etc... I documented each and every step to do it. It would take up way too much space to post it here.

DANTHEVICMAN
04-21-2010, 11:10 AM
I see alot of haters on here, thanks for the help guys, let me know when u get a vic and need a part i will make sure to be a dick about it too.

DANTHEVICMAN
04-21-2010, 11:12 AM
Thanks to the 3 above that actually werent like the others, nice to see a few people that arent jerks.

Quickvic30
04-21-2010, 10:33 PM
****-en tool bags don't know what your talking about.....pretty easy swap if you have general skills and know how.....

Quickvic30
04-21-2010, 10:37 PM
Sorry, not gonna happen.

Why is that? Its been done before many times :cool:

Quickvic30
04-21-2010, 10:40 PM

Oh ya there so special and slow like you :D I have marauder # 1132 of who gives a ****..... grow up girls i meen boys :banana:

justbob
04-22-2010, 06:19 AM
I see alot of haters on here, thanks for the help guys, let me know when u get a vic and need a part i will make sure to be a dick about it too.
Gee that sucks, I guess i'll just have to source my needs onto the 35 vics that are at every junkyard around, or the 1 billion ebay ads. Must suck to have a rare Vic. How do you keep the Marauder guys from depleting your inventory of rare bumpers and such.

****-en tool bags don't know what your talking about.....pretty easy swap if you have general skills and know how.....
We know, just trying to scare him off...

Why is that? Its been done before many times :cool:
I know, I was refering to me not selling my spares.

Oh ya there so special and slow like you :D I have marauder # 1132 of who gives a ****..... grow up girls i meen boys :banana:
Welcome to the big boys table, where we value what we have, and don't have to make them into something they never were, to compare them to something they will never be. What # are you?:shake: I can share beers all day long, wrench beside them in my garage, help them wherever I can, go to races and accept loss or wins, or even car shows and pat their back for getting trophies when I didn't with really good CVN guys who I have become close to, but sorry, when it comes to sourcing Marauders for parts, I will not help. As much as I am tired of owning mine, I still wouldn't even consider it, no matter the cash involved.

bawazir
04-22-2010, 06:25 AM
I got this for sale:
http://www.mercurymarauder.net/gallery/data/500/medium/IMG_4638.JPG (http://javascript%3cb%3e%3c/b%3E:;)

CBT
04-22-2010, 06:34 AM
What is it?

I got this for sale:
http://www.mercurymarauder.net/gallery/data/500/medium/IMG_4638.JPG (http://javascript%3cb%3e%3c/b%3E:;)

fastblackmerc
04-22-2010, 07:01 AM
Gee that sucks, I guess i'll just have to source my needs onto the 35 vics that are at every junkyard around, or the 1 billion ebay ads. Must suck to have a rare Vic. How do you keep the Marauder guys from depleting your inventory of rare bumpers and such.

We know, just trying to scare him off...

I know, I was refering to me not selling my spares.

Welcome to the big boys table, where we value what we have, and don't have to make them into something they never were, to compare them to something they will never be. What # are you?:shake: I can share beers all day long, wrench beside them in my garage, help them wherever I can, go to races and accept loss or wins, or even car shows and pat their back for getting trophies when I didn't with really good CVN guys who I have become close to, but sorry, when it comes to sourcing Marauders for parts, I will not help. As much as I am tired of owning mine, I still wouldn't even consider it, no matter the cash involved.

Don't know if thee number are correct........

crown vic production numbers

1992----90,804----(Redesign)
1993----99,860
1994----103,653
1995----96,458
1996----106,211
1997----110,111
1998----108,595----(Redesign)
1999----114,669
2000----92,047
2001----95,261
2002----79,716
2003----78,541
2004----70,816
2005----63,939
2006----62,976
2007----60,901

You must be special to have one of the 1,434,922 crown vics made..... :shake::shake::shake:

as compared to Marauder production.....

Total production for the 2003–2004 Mercury Marauder was 11,052:

2003---– 7839
2004-–-- 3213

So yes our production number is special to us.

We need to keep our Marauder-specific parts in-house.

SC Cheesehead
04-22-2010, 07:36 AM
+1 to what Jim said.

Parts are already getting hard to come by, so I guess we get a little selfish with them and thus the responses.

Marauders ARE special cars, sure, they have a common platform with the CV and the GM, but the stuff that makes a Marauder what it is, should, IMO, stay on Marauders. My :twocents:

TAKEDOWN
04-22-2010, 07:49 AM
As an owner of both, I must agree I'd rather see MARAUDER parts saved for our MARAUDERS. I understand they share platforms etc., but it is what it is!

Pops
04-22-2010, 07:57 AM
Its funny how you guys are trying to fight a war that can not be won. The salvage yards will sell to anyone that has money. The same goes for E Bay and Craigs list! You might as well get me banned now as I have had 3 of these consoles. One is in my Grand Marquis. One in my 52 Ford pickup and the other one sold else where. The parts may be getting hard to find but the Hot Rodders are out in full force!:)

TAKEDOWN
04-22-2010, 08:00 AM
^^^ 3 consoles :eek:! LoL, GET THE HELL OUT NOW:banned:! Like I said... It is what it is. :burnout: ^^^

justbob
04-22-2010, 08:02 AM
You are a special cosideration pops:P As I'd take your car over mine ANY day of the week...

Pops
04-22-2010, 08:03 AM
You are a special cosideration pops:P As I'd take your car over mine ANY day of the week...

Its nice to be loved!!!!;)

Pops
04-22-2010, 08:03 AM
^^^ 3 consoles :eek:! Lol, get the hell out now:banned:! Like i said... It is what it is. :burnout: ^^^

:d :d :d :d :d :d

Blackmobile
04-22-2010, 08:16 AM
You guys are something else, as for the original poster, sorry I can't help ya, my Marauder console is staying in my CVPI, along with my marauder bumper, exhaust tips, trunk lid, seats and overhead console. If you think I did this to make it look like a Marauder then let me enlighten you........NO, my CVPI is actually Black & white at the moment. To quote a phrase from another member, "my CV PI is racially challenged". I did it for the feel of a Marauder not the look or the power, but what power does a STOCK Marauder have to brag about anyway. If people wanted to stick with the Marauder heritage theme then blowers wouldn't be added. So if anyone at anytime may find themselves in need of an authentic rear Marauder bumper cover, look me up, but realize the price will be way over the top, as like you guys, I cherish all my Marauder parts. RIP Blackmobile, live on CrownRauder/RauderVic.

Blackmobile
04-22-2010, 08:36 AM
This is what I ride in now, it's nice to go to a mall parking lot and not worry about door dings or scratches. I was warned by other SSM members that if I see a lot of them walking around with spray paint cans at the picnic, that my CVPI may turn up all black by the end of the day. No problem, just keep it off the glass :D.

P.S. The TA is on loan for weekend worrior work.

http://www.mercurymarauder.net/gallery/data/500/medium/CVPI_Marauder_02_TA.JPG

DANTHEVICMAN
04-22-2010, 10:03 AM
You guys are redicilous, i dont want a marauder console to have my car look like a marauder inside, get over it, if you ask me the marauder isnt the god of all cars guys, who cares how many were made, your still talking in the thousands that were made, its not like there were only a few hundred made, get off ur high stools before you fall off them like humpty dumpty and crack ur head open. Its not my fault the marauder is based off a crown vic/grand marquis platform, because if it wasnt then you wouldnt have to worry about us crown vic guys putting your super special marauder parts on a vic, if i wanted a marauder id buy one but i dont, im plently happy with my billion masssed produced CVPI that runs 13's NA and 12's with spray. I want a center console shifter because my column shifter is worn out and sloppy and i want a center console shifter to upgrade, i know a marauder one is a bolt in deal and looks good and i can also get one from a CV LX sport but thats more rare than trying to find one from a marauder.

Thanks for those that arent being aholes and actually trying to be helpfull, i apperciate it, to the rest of you, get off that high cloud.

Im asking to find some parts, if you can help me out post if not leave ur comments to urself, i know how all the rest of you guys think about our crown vics and putting marauder parts on them. Grow up guys!

Pops
04-22-2010, 10:12 AM
Dan you should calm down! Not all of us are after you and the last few posts show that. Just go on E bay or car parts dot.com and find one. If one was here for sale they would have contacted you. Don't fuel the fire! You can also look for the LX sport as they are the same just not carbon fiber trim.:shake:

SC Cheesehead
04-22-2010, 10:14 AM
You guys are redicilous, i dont want a marauder console to have my car look like a marauder inside, get over it, if you ask me the marauder isnt the god of all cars guys, who cares how many were made, your still talking in the thousands that were made, its not like there were only a few hundred made, get off ur high stools before you fall off them like humpty dumpty and crack ur head open. Its not my fault the marauder is based off a crown vic/grand marquis platform, because if it wasnt then you wouldnt have to worry about us crown vic guys putting your super special marauder parts on a vic, if i wanted a marauder id buy one but i dont, im plently happy with my billion masssed produced CVPI that runs 13's NA and 12's with spray. I want a center console shifter because my column shifter is worn out and sloppy and i want a center console shifter to upgrade, i know a marauder one is a bolt in deal and looks good and i can also get one from a CV LX sport but thats more rare than trying to find one from a marauder.

Thanks for those that arent being aholes and actually trying to be helpfull, i apperciate it, to the rest of you, get off that high cloud.

Im asking to find some parts, if you can help me out post if not leave ur comments to urself, i know how all the rest of you guys think about our crown vics and putting marauder parts on them. Grow up guys!

:rofl: a 23 year old with 34 posts telling us to grow up. :rolleyes:

Here's some advice: www.ebay.com (http://www.ebay.com)

alternative:

www.takeahike.com (http://www.takeahike.com)

RoyLPita
04-22-2010, 10:18 AM
Dan,
Check out the link I left you when I first posted. You can also find one on a Grand Marquis LSE.

DANTHEVICMAN
04-22-2010, 10:26 AM
I see you children have more time to sit and argue over dumb stuff all day long, ive got better things to do like go to work and earn some money.

I will look at my local yards and check ebay, im bound to find one of these rare 8000 center consoles somewhere :D

Pops
04-22-2010, 10:29 AM
I see you children have more time to sit and argue over dumb stuff all day long, ive got better things to do like go to work and earn some money.

I will look at my local yards and check ebay, im bound to find one of these rare 8000 center consoles somewhere :D

You just don't get it Dan! You think it is ok to keep on taking shots and throwing insults here. A bunch of us have been telling you where and what to look for but you would rather argue with us. Looks like you do belong on the Crown Vic site to me!!!!:confused:

DANTHEVICMAN
04-22-2010, 10:43 AM
You just don't get it Dan! You think it is ok to keep on taking shots and throwing insults here. A bunch of us have been telling you where and what to look for but you would rather argue with us. Looks like you do belong on the Crown Vic site to me!!!!:confused: I looked around on the sites you guys told me to look at, havent found much, i know about both sites, i came here thinking id have better luck than the otehr sites since this site is for the cars im looking to find a part off of, hey im not the one who started this up, i posted looking for a part and got nothing but smart ass remarks by half the replys. Im done

Pops
04-22-2010, 10:45 AM
Dan it is a Marauder site! The guys here love there cars. Keep looking and one will turn up.

martyo
04-22-2010, 11:00 AM
I may have one.

It is in my partner's storage building if it exists.

I will see when I can get over there and look. No promises on timing.

CBT
04-22-2010, 11:04 AM

I was staying out of this but after reading your posts, please, by all means, post a few pics when you get it installed. I can't WAIT to read the responses.

Pops
04-22-2010, 11:12 AM
Did some one say center console! I am going to catch it now. Dan I left the factory shifter in and made some other changes to it. They will yell scream and kick over it! Here ya go!:)

http://www.slide.com/r/8osAAYh70j82CzQNzy9v5mFu7maPUl dw?previous_view=mscd_embedded _url&view=original

DANTHEVICMAN
04-22-2010, 11:14 AM
I may have one.

It is in my partner's storage building if it exists.

I will see when I can get over there and look. No promises on timing.
Thanks, id appeciate it!
:banana2:

CBT
04-22-2010, 11:15 AM
Did some one say center console! I am going to catch it now. Dan I left the factory shifter in and made some other changes to it. They will yell scream and kick over it! Here ya go!:)

http://www.slide.com/r/8osAAYh70j82CzQNzy9v5mFu7maPUl dw?previous_view=mscd_embedded _url&view=original

I don't think you have enough gages in there :lol:

DANTHEVICMAN
04-22-2010, 11:15 AM

I love that car! One sick ride.

Pops
04-22-2010, 11:19 AM
I don't think you have enough gages in there :lol:

Casey you correct! My new pillar guage pod showed up today and it has one extra hole for one more guage that is missing. :nos:

SC Cheesehead
04-22-2010, 11:20 AM
I love that car! One sick ride.

You oughta see it up close and personal, even more impressive. :up:

Pops
04-22-2010, 11:21 AM
You oughta see it up close and personal, even more impressive. :up:

Ask Doomie as he went into hiding!:D

LeoVampire
04-22-2010, 11:25 AM
Ask Doomie as he went into hiding!:D

Very nice Grand Marquies and a great set up to say the least!

SC Cheesehead
04-22-2010, 11:31 AM
Casey you correct! My new pillar guage pod showed up today and it has one extra hole for one more guage that is missing. :nos:

Oh man, now you gonna go do laughing gas down the 1320... :D

http://www.google.com/url?source=imgres&ct=tbn&q=http://cache.gawker.com/assets/images/kotaku/2009/04/pedisedate.jpg&ei=0pXQS7CdGIOB-gbPt7zeDw&sa=X&oi=image_landing_page_redirect&ct=legacy&usg=AFQjCNEV6qiRi9klpZKd4CXnP9 9XrGaYqg

Pops
04-22-2010, 11:32 AM
Oh man, now you gonna go do laughing gas down the 1320... :D

http://www.google.com/url?source=imgres&ct=tbn&q=http://cache.gawker.com/assets/images/kotaku/2009/04/pedisedate.jpg&ei=0pXQS7CdGIOB-gbPt7zeDw&sa=X&oi=image_landing_page_redirect&ct=legacy&usg=AFQjCNEV6qiRi9klpZKd4CXnP9 9XrGaYqg

Need it for when Doomie and I race Rex!!!!:D

martyo
04-22-2010, 11:56 AM

Holy gauges Batman!!!!!

SC Cheesehead
04-22-2010, 11:56 AM
Need it for when Doomie and I race Rex!!!!:D

What to calm Doomie down after he gets soundly thrashed? ;) ------> :D

Pops
04-22-2010, 12:29 PM
What to calm Doomie down after he gets soundly thrashed? ;) ------> :D

Nope cause I will be laughing at him!:cool:

BAD MERC
04-22-2010, 03:16 PM
Look - the Marauder has a close following by the owners that LOVE them and protect them carefully. They're rare - and getting scarce. Period. To most of us the idea of seeing them scavenged and stripped for parts so wanna-be's can fly under the radar and make clones out of them is not only insulting but also in poor taste. This is a MERCURY MARAUDER OWNER forum. If you need parts go buy them - but don't expect to be respected and received with open arms if you show up wanting to score parts when you don't even own one. That's not my 2 cents - it's a fact. I had to deal with pimply-faced kids invading the forums to make SHO clones out of granny cars for 8 years when I had my silver '95 SHO ATX and to be honest - I am pretty sick of it. DanTheVicMan - you need to watch the name calling and irrational behavior. If I were the moderator here- I would have deleted and banned you.

Pops
04-22-2010, 06:09 PM
This is a really a great attitude Bad Merc! Complain about it all you want but it will not change anything in the wold of cars or this site. Last I knew it was not illegal. So go ahead and hate me also. I have some Marauder parts on my car. So I guess that makes the a bag of **** like the rest of the people you do not like on this site! Sorry I don't have a cool car. So I am a Fake Clone Tribute car owner.

BAD MERC
04-22-2010, 06:16 PM
This is a really a great attitude Bad Merc! Complain about it all you want but it will not change anything in the wold of cars or this site. Last I knew it was not illegal. So go ahead and hate me also. I have some Marauder parts on my car. So I guess that makes the a bag of **** like the rest of the people you do not like on this site! Sorry I don't have a cool car. So I am a Fake Clone Tribute car owner.

If you're expecting a sarcastic rebuttal - you're not going to get it. I don't hate anybody on this forum. However - I am now reminded why I left MM.net and took my monetary support with me.

Pops
04-22-2010, 06:21 PM
If you're expecting a sarcastic rebuttal - you're not going to get it. I don't hate anybody on this forum. However - I am now reminded why I left MM.net and took my monetary support with me.

Amazing how you keep coming back and ripping anyone who does not do things that suit you. Your actions do not match your statement.

MercNasty
04-22-2010, 06:40 PM
Sell the vic and get a Marauder

musclemerc
04-22-2010, 07:03 PM
Damn Pop's the console with the gauges is pretty slick.

DANTHEVICMAN
04-22-2010, 09:39 PM
Look - the Marauder has a close following by the owners that LOVE them and protect them carefully. They're rare - and getting scarce. Period. To most of us the idea of seeing them scavenged and stripped for parts so wanna-be's can fly under the radar and make clones out of them is not only insulting but also in poor taste. This is a MERCURY MARAUDER OWNER forum. If you need parts go buy them - but don't expect to be respected and received with open arms if you show up wanting to score parts when you don't even own one. That's not my 2 cents - it's a fact. I had to deal with pimply-faced kids invading the forums to make SHO clones out of granny cars for 8 years when I had my silver '95 SHO ATX and to be honest - I am pretty sick of it. DanTheVicMan - you need to watch the name calling and irrational behavior. If I were the moderator here- I would have deleted and banned you.
Dude why dont u go fall down the stairs one more time, im not here trying to source parts to make my car a marauder clone, im not retarted, if i wanted a marauder id buy one, i wouldnt waste the time making a cv a marauder clone not only is it stupid and pointless ur gonna spend a fortune doing it. Im looking for one part thats off a marauder, the center console not bummper covers, seats, door panels etc, i want one part but i guess according to half the people in this thread that makes me a marauder wanna be, well ur wrong.
I agree making a vic a marauder clone is stupid in my eyes also, but i dont see putting one or two parts from a marauder on a vic somehow making my car a marauder clone.
As far as trying to source parts what you dont understand is that when people have the kind of parts that people like me are looking for is usually parts that come off a totaled out marauder thats not worth fixing as its to totaled out to fix, so im not trying to take parts off a 100% driveable marauder, so yea.

I just dont get some of you guys. Cant we all just get along? :argue::confused:

Hack Goby
04-23-2010, 09:06 AM
What is it? An adjustable cup?

CBT
04-23-2010, 09:53 AM
An adjustable cup?
lol, it needs an F for Fail

Phrog_gunner
04-23-2010, 09:56 AM
How come Joe Walsh is never around when a thread deserves to be locked??:(

CBT
04-23-2010, 09:59 AM
How come Joe Walsh is never around when a thread deserves to be locked??:(
He's been a lock blocker lately...

Hotrauder
04-23-2010, 10:41 AM
For the longest time I thought it must be me as I never have understood why anyone gives a crap about what others do with their cars, Marauders or whatever. One guy I admire a lot has the prettiest Panther body car (the grand monkey) on the planet and it will kick the ass of 98% of the Marauders out there, including mine in every way. Another has a $15,000 sound system in the trunk where the original $37.52 Marauder system formerly lived. Another has a CVPI with some Marauder go fast, stop fast parts. Another has a black Kenny Brown Marauder that shares space with his wife's Kenny Brown Marauder, and he flies, figuratively and literally. Another is a former Trilogy Marauder owner who now drives a CV Sport and roots to the death for a team that right now couldn't beat the HILLSBOROUGH Cty., Fl. all star little league team. Another is a lady I have never met, who has a silver Marauder. She is always upbeat and positive and lives with someone called Mr. Man. Many others have 9, 10 or 11 second Marauders and are working hard to be even faster. One traded in his amazing Marauder and now pilots a great looking 2 wheel ride. All great folk, as are most of the others around here. Yes, there are a couple of horses asses as they exist everywhere as Gods plan to teach us how not to live.:D To each, his or her own. Why we do care more about what people do with car jones that we do about who and what they are. I don't think it is me anymore. Dennis:cool:

Pops
04-23-2010, 11:00 AM
So Dennis does this mean you have taken on the role of a peace keeper?;)

MM2004
04-23-2010, 11:28 AM
Before I got my MM, I drove a 2001 GM LSE that had the same console as a MM.

The bezel was chrome, arm rest the same down to the cup holders.

There was not a gage cluster however, but an open 'compartment' where are gages are located that was nice for storing sunglasses.

The interior was light flint, and would have to go back thru my pics to see if the console was the same color as our MM's.

I am quite certain it was.

This console too, may be hard to find?

Mike.

Hotrauder
04-23-2010, 02:02 PM
So Dennis does this mean you have taken on the role of a peace keeper?;)

No John, not at all. I think I have never been a peace keeper. I also think you will recall that my disagreements have always been with those whose business practices have abused members or those who cover for or lend succor to those who do. In this case I normally would not even read the thread but what is the big deal about some 23 year old young man wanting to mod his ride? So he got stung by the clearly unwelcoming reply and spit back. Doesn't make the kid bad but clearly also is not a threat to the collective. Why the stones? That is all. Dennis

martyo
04-23-2010, 08:47 PM
im not retarted

Am I the only one that thinks that there is something humorous here?

Phrog_gunner
04-23-2010, 09:07 PM
Am I the only one that thinks that there is something humorous here?

It wouldn't be the same kind of humor if, say, Dom said he wasn't an attention whore, would it?

-Matt-
04-23-2010, 09:07 PM
I just dont get some of you guys. Cant we all just get along? :argue::confused:

No... can you go away now? :)

BTW... i own both so im not racist or carcist or brandcist, but your attitude has no place here.

fastblackmerc
04-24-2010, 05:12 AM
No... can you go away now? :)

BTW... i own both so im not racist or carcist or brandcist, but your attitude has no place here.

+1

Please go away.

DANTHEVICMAN
04-24-2010, 12:16 PM
Nope i wont go away so stop wishing :D