PDA

View Full Version : Throttle Body Overbore

MENINBLK
04-26-2010, 05:52 PM
I saw an ad for a 60mm dual bore throttle body.
I am thinking of getting it and adding it to my NA Marauder.

If I install this, what MAF would I need to go with it ?
I don't think the OEM will work due to the difference in bore size.
I have used a tune from Alternative before but it doesn't include
a new throttle body. I think I'd have to get it tuned locally for that.

FordNut
04-26-2010, 06:06 PM
No gain for a NA Marauder from the TB or MAF, just a lighter wallet.

musclemerc
04-26-2010, 06:25 PM
^^What he said!

MrBluGruv
04-26-2010, 06:28 PM
I figure the TB on our Marauders is pretty big to begin with, I could swear the guys that actually got gains from putting on a larger one had to do some serious port and polish work before those gains showed, and I don't think they were much to speak of anyways (power, if any, probably came from the p&p not the TB I figure).

LeoVampire
04-26-2010, 06:33 PM
Look just a simple bolt on part is not going to make it happen you need a large combination of stuff to make it worth wild on a non S/C Marauder.

Fuel pump, injectors, MAF, (throttle body?) port the heads both intake and exhaust and the intake manifold and what ever your bolting on for the exhaust side of it all.

Money parts and down time is needed no simple fix to make what you want work. And then tune it all in to make it work properly.

Ford make's some awsome engine's and a lot of time and engeniering goes into them but they are assembly line engine's and not treated and built on a one on one bases. No assembly line making a large number of engine's and parts for it matches every single part to the other when putting them together unless it is all hand done like a Lambo or Ferrari and so forth down the line. Every imperfection in porting and matching take's power and torque away from an engine.

The inside of our intake runner is an OMG for flow with that ruff interior it has and would totaly turn the color of the die used on a flow bench showing all of the imperfections.

FordNut
04-26-2010, 06:58 PM
Best mods for NA:
Tune
4.10 gears (usually need a driveshaft, too)
exhaust (headers, not just a muffler change)
high stall torque converter

Best low $ gains:
underdrive pulleys
electric water pump
CAI

RacerX
04-27-2010, 01:18 PM
What they said^. I have a dual 65mm TB and ported plenum. Even tried a 90mm sct MAF, no diff other than a quicker throttle response. Lighter wallet for sure...

Blackened300a
04-27-2010, 02:05 PM
I picked up the bigger TB just cause its a bling piece and matches the polished intake perfectly.
I gained a whopping 1 RWHP 0 RWTQ and picked up 3hp across the range on the dyno. No adjustment of tune or MAF needed.
Accufab had the group buy a few years back and I still paid over $300 for it.

musclemerc
04-27-2010, 02:18 PM
That was an expensive 1 HP! :eek:

I picked up the bigger TB just cause its a bling piece and matches the polished intake perfectly.
I gained a whopping 1 RWHP 0 RWTQ and picked up 3hp across the range on the dyno. No adjustment of tune or MAF needed.
Accufab had the group buy a few years back and I still paid over $300 for it.

bigmerc'03
04-27-2010, 04:21 PM
i have that same one on now and had it on before the supercharger the throttle responce alone is worth it especially if u gonna supercharge it with a centifugal superchargerwilwl increase total airflow with no unacceptable side effects, such as whistling or negative idle characteristics. Throttle response is greatly improved ill increase total airflow with no unacceptable side effects, such as whistling or negative idle characteristics. Throttle response is greatly improved will increase total airflow with no unacceptabhttp://www.accufabracing.com/images/LOWMACH123.jpgle side effects, such as whistling or what a beauty!!!!!
wnwegative idle characteristics. Throttle response is greatly improved