PDA

View Full Version : Wanting to jump in but

The Great
04-28-2010, 07:52 AM
Hello everyone. I just purchased my Marauder no more than a couple of day's ago and I keep hearing that I need to tune it. I would like to know what this tune is or can do besides change the gear ratio (which it so desperatley needs). If anyone can provide a suggested brand of tuner that would welcome as well..

fastblackmerc
04-28-2010, 08:00 AM
Hello everyone. I just purchased my Marauder no more than a couple of day's ago and I keep hearing that I need to tune it. I would like to know what this tune is or can do besides change the gear ratio (which it so desperatley needs). If anyone can provide a suggested brand of tuner that would welcome as well..

A new tune will have a better tranny shift schedule, etc. The best thing to do is call Lidio, or Dennis Reinhart and talk to them about your tune & tuner.

03calitejas
04-28-2010, 08:07 AM
Welcome tp the collective! The "tune" is the program resident on a chip that controls all sorts of functions including shift points, timing and turning off the doggone top speed governor.

I got mine (an SCT unit) second hand from a guy that sold his MM in California which had 3 programs already in it that were set up for 91 octane gas and then had it reprogrammed (tuned) by a great speed shop when I lived in Texas which has 93 octane available.

I also have different gears in the rear end but that didn't have half the effect of getting it tuned properly on a dyno.

You are gonna absolutely love your car and the advice you will get on this site is invaluable in really personalizing the car to suit your desires (aka- how fast do you really want to go?)