PDA

View Full Version : Maple Leaf Marauders

MapleLeafMerc
11-18-2003, 09:27 PM
Just thought I would try to restart the Maple Marauders forum. We haven't had a post since Hallowe'en, and going by post times here, that's ancient!

Why don't we just open this forum up to whatever lurks inside the mind of that rarest of car breeds, the Canadian Marauder?

There's lots of stuff unique to us, like:

•300+ miles between each member

•The Exchange Rate

•Why we get Monty Python and they don't

•North American Keeper of the Queen's English (with Honours)

•The GST

•Official Supplier of Comedy to Hollywood

•Canadian politics (with all due respect)

TripleTransAm
11-19-2003, 08:39 AM
I think this would be a great forum to discuss details on a St.Thomas plant get-together. Problem is, I've never attended so I have approximately ZERO information on the event. All I know is where St.Thomas is, and that there's a half-decent 1/4 mile track available.

Haggis
11-19-2003, 08:48 AM
IT

Dr Caleb
11-19-2003, 09:19 AM
I agree with Steve. I can find St. Thomas on a map, but a litle dot doesn't tell me much.

MapleLeafMerc
11-19-2003, 10:11 AM
Steve, I recall your mentioning this somewhere before- great idea. I could make some inquiries. This event you mention- what is it called? Is it scheduled by Ford or done on a request basis?

Dr Caleb
11-19-2003, 10:42 AM
IIRC, it's a yearly pilgrimage by CV owners to the place of their car's birth - which happens to be the same place as our car's. And since we get along with the CV guys so well, perhaps one will invite us to the event ?!? :hint: :hint: :)

67435animal
11-19-2003, 12:30 PM
Originally posted by Dr Caleb
I agree with Steve. I can find St. Thomas on a map, but a litle dot doesn't tell me much.

I tried to arrange a tour via a forum member, STAPRAP, but, the plant is closed for the next two weeks so I won't be able to tak advantage of the tour while I'm up.

Maybe if you guys arrange one, I could be persuaded to drive up for the tour, and the party!!

Bob

TripleTransAm
11-19-2003, 02:42 PM
Okay, so the next step is to look back through the archives (I will do so tonight) and post a link to the appropriate thread. I know MTL_CV (Charles, local member) has been there (I believe his sig has a photo of his car in front of the plant) and might have some input.

So, without knowing any more about what goes on at these gatherings, we have:
- the possibility of hitting the St.Thomas racetrack for some 1/4 mile action.
- the possibility of hitting the road course a little distance to the south at Cayuga (now Toronto Motorsports Park), and there is also a 1/4 mile there too.
- the possibility of one nice party if we get enough members to make the trip.

MM03MOK
11-19-2003, 04:20 PM
St. Thomas Meet Page (http://www30.brinkster.com/dftaylor/cvn/)

St. Thomas Dragway (http://www.stthomasdragway.com/)

MapleLeafMerc
11-19-2003, 05:10 PM
Thanks Bunny!

Well, Steve, now we just need an invite!

engine23ccvfd
11-20-2003, 05:55 PM
Saw a very dirty MM on the road in Calgary Wed morning during the snow storm....Not sure of the exact street names but I was on 6thSW near Petro Canada Building

MapleLeafMerc
11-20-2003, 06:55 PM
Originally posted by engine23ccvfd
Saw a very dirty MM on the road in Calgary Wed morning during the snow storm....Not sure of the exact street names but I was on 6thSW near Petro Canada Building

Dr Caleb, are you going to be able to see the players on Saturday? :lol:

MapleLeafMerc
11-20-2003, 07:04 PM
I volunteer to check out the St Thomas tour, if no one else is already doing so. (no sense in several people asking the same questions at the same time) This year's was in June so likely the same next year.

MapleLeafMerc
11-20-2003, 07:09 PM
by the way, where are yorks, beadhead, etc?

Dr Caleb
11-21-2003, 09:25 AM
Originally posted by MapleLeafMerc
Dr Caleb, are you going to be able to see the players on Saturday? :lol:

Yes sir. I'll be closer than I usually am at <strike>Skyreach centre</strike> Rexall Place.