PDA

View Full Version : To heck with 300 RWHP...I'm considering going for MORE!

TAF
11-19-2003, 08:12 AM
One of the pleasures that I've been fortunate enough to have...is being in situations that have allowed me access to drive different modded Marauders. This has been afforded to me by some very gracious friends here as well as a couple of the vendors directly.

While in Ennis, Jerry Barnes was gracious enough to allow me to drive the Trilogy #1 car. I must say, this was an awesome machine. The brute power of it was 'hold-on tight" and Jerry allowed a thorough whipping of the car through its paces. This last Saturday, my friend Bob & Jean Mathis allowed me in the driver's seat of their Trilogy #4. Once again, a memorable experience in raw power for this platform.

I also had the opportunity to drive Mac's Kenny Brown #1X. That one is as Zack says "Stupid Fast". The car lunges forward and begs you to ask it for more. The other aspect of the car that is enjoyable is the handling characteristics. KB has lowered the car (like mine is) and she comes to life like a "Panther" *pun intended* ready to strike. Powerful yet nimble.

Although, both set-ups mentioned above are impressive. On Sunday afternoon...I went back to Team Ford and was afforded the opportunity to take Dennis Reinhart's '04 S/C for a spin. By myself...putting it through the paces in both "normal" driving conditions and out on the open road of I-75. THIS car left a memorable impression etched in my head that I can't get out. Several reasons provide for this. Certainly the power is there...the "get-up-and-go" of this vehicle was mind-boggling. But...while I drove around in some traffic getting it out into some (hopefully) wide open spaces...she didn't overpower...didn't scream for more...but you DID have the piece of mind that it was there. Part of that piece of mind included what I would call the "support-systems" of the vehicle being thoroughly arranged. What I mean by that is...I knew the rear-end gear was right...I knew that the tranny had been 'beefed-up"...I had additional light indicators to put me at one with the vehicle. I knew that although powerful…all measure to “beat the heat” that could be generated in S/Cing a Marauder had been addressed and was working like a champion. I for the first time wanted to feel at ‘one” with the car…And I was!

So...what I'm trying to get at is...there are choices out there for what you want to do with your Marauder. And choices are what we were all begging for a year and a half ago. And that is a good thing.

What I can't get out of my head is what it would be like to have the comfort level that I felt with the Reinhart car on a daily basis. No second guessing on any of the "support systems"...and a man that I know...have done business with...and trust with my car.

If you have an opportunity in your area to drive the Reinhart S/C Marauder...DO IT!!! It will put you in a Marauder that is at a different level from what I've seen from any other offering.

Now...I got to figure out how to get my car down to Jacksonville and get that feeling I had on Sunday on a daily basis. The ONLY thing Dennis does not have in his Build (I say build instead of 'kit"...cause 'kit" doesn't do what this car has justice)....is the number to a good divorce attorney...:D

Thanks Dennis...for what you've already done for my car...and for what you will most likely be doing very soon.:up:

sailsmen
11-19-2003, 08:25 AM
I have noticed in the pic the valve/coil covers are aluminum vs black.

Is it this way from the factory on the '04's?

TAF
11-19-2003, 08:34 AM
Originally posted by sailsmen

Yep..."04s come...well...let's say unfinished...and they'd look SWEET polished...or in my case...RED!

gonzo50
11-19-2003, 08:38 AM
Originally posted by sailsmen
"YUP" :D

SouLRioT
11-19-2003, 08:38 AM
TAF I'm sure you'll love having your car SC'd. Enjoy yourself in it. You should get DR to use red tape to match your covers.

Agent M79
11-19-2003, 08:46 AM
I prefer to think of them as "mod ready".

MM03MOK
11-19-2003, 08:51 AM
Originally posted by TAF
Now...I got to figure out how to get my car down to Jacksonville and get that feeling I had on Sunday on a daily basis. The ONLY thing Dennis does not have in his Build (I say build instead of 'kit"...cause 'kit" doesn't do what this car has justice)....is the number to a good divorce attorney...:D
TAF: "What's that, Dear? Oh, no Holiday bonus this year. We can always make our special Christmas presents. It'll be so much more personal. And, by the way, I have a new client down in Jacksonville and I MUST spend the week after Christmas down there. I might as well drive. First impressions are SO very important."

Option 1:
Mrs. TAF: "That's OK, Dear. I understand. We'll get busy on those presents. I'll take the week off from work to be with the girls during school vacation."

Option 2:
Mrs. TAF: :censor: :censor: :censor:

LincMercLover
11-19-2003, 08:53 AM
I opt for #2... :D :lol:

TAF
11-19-2003, 08:57 AM
Originally posted by MM03MOK
TAF: "What's that, Dear? Oh, no Holiday bonus this year. We can always make our special Christmas presents. It'll be so much more personal. And, by the way, I have a new client down in Jacksonville and I MUST spend the week after Christmas down there. I might as well drive. First impressions are SO very important."

I DO have a major customer in JAX...

Option 1:
Mrs. TAF: "That's OK, Dear. I understand. We'll get busy on those presents. I'll take the week off from work to be with the girls during school vacation."

I'm the only one in the house with a job...NOTE: anyone forwarding this post to my wife will result in the removal of what Brutus has hanging from his bumper.

Option 2:
Mrs. TAF: :censor: :censor: :censor:

Now THAT'S^^^more like it

Bigdogjim
11-19-2003, 09:17 AM
Well TAF looks like your going over the edge...
Enjoy the ride..
Your looking for " the number to a good divorce attorney"
Call Marty in New York I am sure he will help!
After what are friends for? :)
Remember what Danny DiVito said in the War of the Roses!
Their is no winning...Only degrees of loosing.............

By the way when is the next "Marauder Cult Meeting" :lol:

I can just hear your wife's sister now. DON'T EVEN THINK ABOUT IT!!!!!!!!!!!!:help: :mad2: :alone:

MM03MOK
11-19-2003, 09:22 AM
Originally posted by TAF
NOTE: anyone forwarding this post to my wife will result in the removal of what Brutus has hanging from his bumper.
So, I'm safe to forward along to the Missus, eh? :D I'm not chicken!
:lol:

Haggis
11-19-2003, 09:26 AM
That's a good one Mary. How can he remove something you don't have. You seem safe to me. :lol:

TAF
11-19-2003, 09:48 AM
Originally posted by Haggis
That's a good one Mary. How can he remove something you don't have. You seem safe to me. :lol:

She may not have "them" literally...but...she has them...just ask RF...

Marauderman
11-19-2003, 09:56 AM
TAF--

I sence a hidden message in your post there buddy-hummmm--several actually---don't know which to mention----hummm---best I keep calm for the moment----carry on---Tom

Marauderman
11-19-2003, 10:19 AM
Actually -- TAF--Your post reminds me of that song from George Jones--"Choices"--

Dennis's package does provide alot, as do the others you mentioned--and I too was fortunate to also drive those same cars that weekend---And I must say that all are a fine product --just the same--one must make choices and since I'll be going to Fla to see the kids this coming weekend--I'll probably stop by Dennis's shop for another taste----hummmmm........Tom

Dr Caleb
11-19-2003, 10:46 AM
Originally posted by TAF
NOTE: anyone forwarding this post to my wife will result in the removal of what Brutus has hanging from his bumper.

Pfffft. My Ex Wife already got one of those, along with my truck, all my clothes that fit her and the condo in Jasper. What's one more? :lol:

studio460
11-19-2003, 01:54 PM
TAF:

Just DO IT! You want it . . . you NEED IT! YOU DESERVE IT!

MAD-3R
11-19-2003, 01:56 PM
Easer to get forgivness then permision?

jspradii
11-19-2003, 07:25 PM
TAF - I gotta say that you can't go wrong with anything designed or tuned by Dennis. His advice has never disappointed. I am a bit of a rogue though, and I like laughing gas. So, I'm kinda building the car on my own, and hope I don't either screw it up too bad OR create an uncontrollable monster. In any event, I've been too busy lately getting this thing worked on, with the attendant cost, (I still guess my wife figures this car is cheaper than another woman: But, she hasn't seen my invoice "notebook" as yet; I keep it locked up in the office) to do much racing (now that the season is over, its a little thin locally), but if Talladega is a go, I will be there. Keep it up guys n' gals! I love this site! Anyway, I still got a Transgo performance shift kit if anyone wants one. Just mail me if you're interested. Ciao!

67435animal
11-20-2003, 03:08 AM
Todd, I am envious. I dropped by Team on Sunday morning. Guess I should have come by in the afternoon to go for a ride with you!

Dennis' car looked mean.

Bob

kurly
11-20-2003, 07:48 PM
Originally posted by TAF
Yep..."04s come...well...let's say unfinished...and they'd look SWEET polished...or in my case...RED!

THAT RED IS "HOT" !!!