PDA

View Full Version : Mail order vs 4-8 hour drive

The Great
05-01-2010, 03:41 PM
I think I've seen this discussion before and if so then I apologize. So I love my mystical magestic Marauder as we all do but I'm trying to decide if I want my tune mail ordered because I really don't have the time to drive to seemingly famous "Expert Tuner" or should I just stick it out and take the drive??? All opinions and views are welcome....

ntd
05-01-2010, 03:49 PM
For a relatively stock car(ie muffler,gears & cold air intake) you will be very happy it a mail order tune(Reinhart or Lidio). Anything beyond that you should really get it dyno tuned. Tell us what mods do you have

jimbok1951
05-01-2010, 05:14 PM
Got my 04 in November 09 and it was covered for the winter, so it is new to me. Love it like it is but all this talk about "the tune waking it up" sounds good. Let me know what you decide on the tune & why please, I am in the same situation, I am not taking the long drive either, but don't want to put out $400 for a tune and not be happy, mixed feelings on how to go, my plans are tune now, CAI now, and posible 410's down the road and that's it, want basic stock with some extra zip & can go back to stock if I wanted. I am going to Carlisle meet in June and so far there are 38 MM's from this site attending, I am sure I will get some good answers from others who know better than us about this subject, figured I would wait to get input there before purchase since the date is close and I will let you know if u want, also, should be a lot of vendors there and mabey some special prices, let me know what ur looking for. Keep in touch by pm's.

ntd
05-01-2010, 05:36 PM
Got my 04 in November 09 and it was covered for the winter, so it is new to me. Love it like it is but all this talk about "the tune waking it up" sounds good. Let me know what you decide on the tune & why please, I am in the same situation, I am not taking the long drive either, but don't want to put out $400 for a tune and not be happy, mixed feelings on how to go, my plans are tune now, CAI now, and posible 410's down the road and that's it, want basic stock with some extra zip & can go back to stock if I wanted. I am going to Carlisle meet in June and so far there are 38 MM's from this site attending, I am sure I will get some good answers from others who know better than us about this subject, figured I would wait to get input there before purchase since the date is close and I will let you know if u want, also, should be a lot of vendors there and mabey some special prices, let me know what ur looking for. Keep in touch by pm's.

Get the mail order tune if that's all your planing you will be amazed with how much better it will drive. Ford left a lot on the table. Call Reinhart or Lidio they know these cars and can help. I have a Lidio tune and it is worlds better, power is great but the trans programing is top not.

jimbok1951
05-01-2010, 05:54 PM
Thanks
good info

Taemian
05-01-2010, 10:38 PM
Lidio will do wonders for your stock tune.

The Great
05-02-2010, 12:49 AM
Thanks I'll look into that asap

Ktorres1
05-02-2010, 07:59 AM
Lidio's tune improved the transmission and overall acceleration of my car in all aspects of drivability. It's not a cheap mod but probally the best investment to all future mods

The Great
05-02-2010, 08:06 PM
I'll jump on that but I think I'll get a mail order. If I had the leave and the time from work, I'd go up there myself.

ctrlraven
05-03-2010, 06:19 AM
What year is your Marauder?

Zack
05-03-2010, 06:25 AM
What year is your Marauder?

Do I sense a little .ll3 sharing about to happen? :D