PDA

View Full Version : Install supercharged

yryr999
05-05-2010, 09:53 AM
Hi to every one

i think install supercharged for my mm

but the garage tell me i can't install super if i use the car daily.

So i don't trust him so I ask this forum did i can install super and used the car daily .. if i can how much cost me the part and witch part perfact for me ..

i life in middle east witch the weather here all most the year from 30-50c

witch very hot

so did any body do this idear .. in marauder engine 4.6 or i should change the engine to 5.4 ? and the trans 4r-70w support the power ??

thank you all

SC Cheesehead
05-05-2010, 10:39 AM
Check out this link:
http://www.reinhartperformance.com/Merchant2/merchant.mvc?Screen=PROD&Store_Code=12345&Product_Code=MM-VSC&Category_Code=9

And this one:
http://www.trilogyintl.com/Marauder/index.html

Lots of folks are driving supercharged cars on a daily basis.

Call Dennis at Reinhart, he can give you lots of good info.

fastblackmerc
05-05-2010, 11:02 AM
Many Marauders are running both types of supercharges on stock engines for many many miles with no problems.

Egon Spengler
05-05-2010, 11:11 AM
He is saying that it is always 90-120 degrees there. Is this any kind of factor for a supercharged daily driver? Just curious...

fastblackmerc
05-05-2010, 11:20 AM
He is saying that it is always 90-120 degrees there. Is this any kind of factor for a supercharged daily driver? Just curious...

Maybe a bigger intercooler or less boost.

Egon Spengler
05-05-2010, 11:30 AM
Gotcha. I didn't know if those temps would affect it at all.

FordNut
05-05-2010, 11:41 AM

For a daily driver, especially someone who is not mechanically skilled to do their own repairs and maintenance, I would suggest a Trilogy kit. Standard kit would probably be good, but maybe an upgraded heat exchanger would be helpful.

Don't we have some SC guys in Phoenix or Las Vegas? It's frequently 100 degrees there in the summer, maybe they have some advice?

Pat
05-05-2010, 12:00 PM
Hey, It's 100 degrees here in Louisiana during the summer months. It's 90 degrees right now.

My car is a supercharged daily driver, more than 20K miles over a three year period with no cooling or supercharger problems. It's a centrifical blower, 10lbs boost.

This very day I was checking to see if the boost curve was still on and it was putting out 10lbs @ 6K.

Fun, fun, fun till my sweetie takes the keychain away. LOL

Pat

Motorhead350
05-05-2010, 12:10 PM
It get's really hot here in Chicago sometimes. 158,000 miles and still running!

yryr999
05-05-2010, 04:33 PM
wooooooooooooooooooooow

thank you all if you

so no problem if i install with intercooler and low boost

so did any body have idear from where i buy the part and what the part i should change

so to noice you but i don't now

i want now the part and what i should change and tune all this

have a nice day to every one

ntd
05-05-2010, 04:47 PM
I would contact Reinhart about using a Vortech or Paxton Supercharger. As a centrifugal supercharger is more efficient and should result in lower intake air temps. Send Dennis a pm or call him he should be able to help.

SpartaPerformance
05-05-2010, 05:55 PM
For a daily driver, especially someone who is not mechanically skilled to do their own repairs and maintenance, I would suggest a Trilogy kit. Standard kit would probably be good, but maybe an upgraded heat exchanger would be helpful.

Don't we have some SC guys in Phoenix or Las Vegas? It's frequently 100 degrees there in the summer, maybe they have some advice?

I agree plenty of sand and heat in parts of the U.S. For a daily I would also recommend a Trilogy kit too.

GAMike
05-05-2010, 06:02 PM
Brian - Don't you thinl it would depend on the sensor locations, upon install too?...... Would seem to be a much more critical consideration at those daily temps. No?:beer:

FordNut
05-05-2010, 07:24 PM
I was thinking more on the lines of serviceability. He is in Saudi Arabia.

I also recall someone from the middle east asking about higher gears for better top speeds in the long straight stretches over there. The Eaton/Trilogy has more low end torque so it would be better in that regard too.

Not knocking the centrifugals, just trying to steer the OP in a direction that would be more likely to provide him with a setup he will be satisfied with long term.

Windsor58
06-04-2010, 11:34 PM
41,000 miles with Dennis Reinhart Vortech water to air kit with no problems. Last summer, I drove it (hard) fully loaded with 3 adults, and enough stuff for 3 weeks vacation. Many days over 100F, AC on all the time along with a lot of elecrical load, up and down steep mountain roads at high altitude and never had any cooling issues.
However, also upgraded the transmission, brakes, suspension, exhaust, driveshaft, 4.10s, etc. when the supercharger was installed (on brand new car). I would recommend doing all these upgrades if you install the supercharger. Especially a stronger transmission. Do it all a once. Dennis has all the parts (see his link above) and knows these cars inside and out. Your biggest problem would be finding someone over there knowledgable enough to do all the mods and tune it for you after the install. You don't want to pay someone to learn what not to do on your nickel. If money is no object, ship the car to Dennis and let him do all the work. And if you do that, get him to install a Termiinator engine and more boost than the stock block likes.