PDA

View Full Version : Lookin for that Gloss

Mac-MerC
05-05-2010, 01:29 PM
I want to wax my car... now i dont know the first thing about waxing an automobile (i've never done it) but i know mine needs it. ive seen you all talk about the black box, mother's, etc;

so if i walk into advance, pep boys, autozone or whatever and buy one of these kits for 30 40 50 dollars what else do i need to buy?....
im not tryig to buy a high speed buffer or anythig like that... what other basic items do i need to get so i can make the kit complete or just so i can do the wax job properly....

appreciate the insite.....

SC Cheesehead
05-05-2010, 01:32 PM
I want to wax my car... now i dont know the first thing about waxing an automobile (i've never done it) but i know mine needs it. ive seen you all talk about the black box, mother's, etc;

so if i walk into advance, pep boys, autozone or whatever and buy one of these kits for 30 40 50 dollars what else do i need to buy?....
im not tryig to buy a high speed buffer or anythig like that... what other basic items do i need to get so i can make the kit complete or just so i can do the wax job properly....

appreciate the insite.....

PM 03mmmonroe, he's got the stuff to do exactly what you want.

Peter
05-05-2010, 02:20 PM
There's no shine like Mother's....

a_d_a_m
05-05-2010, 02:28 PM
I like the Black Box, but I wouldn't like it if I had to apply/remove entirely by hand. I apply with an orbital buffer and remove by hand. Car always looks decent.

ctrlraven
05-05-2010, 02:28 PM
Might be worth looking into having a professional detail your car to bring it up to speed and then learn how to keep it looking really good. The products you can buy in a store are good but the stuff professionals use is usually a lot better grade.

Here is a good example of detailing your car.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n7mxMuEVLVM
n7mxMuEVLVM

ImpalaSlayer
05-05-2010, 02:32 PM
Might be worth looking into having a professional detail your car to bring it up to speed and then learn how to keep it looking really good. The products you can buy in a store are good but the stuff professionals use is usually a lot better grade.

thats what i would do. get a pro to go over it really good then just keep it up

Mac-MerC
05-05-2010, 03:10 PM
appreciate the info

guess now i need to find a real detail shop in the Atlanta area that wont stiff me on a BS detail job

Mac-MerC
05-05-2010, 03:12 PM
Impala and Raven u two have thee nicest silver marauders out there, it would b a difficult descision on which one to steal first.

just playing :)

ImpalaSlayer
05-05-2010, 03:17 PM
Impala and Raven u two have thee nicest silver marauders out there, it would b a difficult descision on which one to steal first.

just playing :)

haha thanks. fortunately for us, silver it alot easier to keep looking good then black is.

ctrlraven
05-05-2010, 03:35 PM
OMG yes lol, tons easier with silver since it can hide dirt and stuff for weeks while still looking clean. I have mine professionally detailed before winter sets in mainly because my MM was a DD for the past 4 years. I have a lot of friends who detail on the side professionally.

I know I'll be forking out a lot though to have a friend or a real detail shop do the paint correction on my Taurus, so many cob web swirl marks and harden water spots all over the car. I've tried all I can do any nothing has worked.

Def. shop around and it's best to take your car to the detailer and have them look at it first to give you a better quote. Also talk to friends and see if have dealt with anyone who does good work.

Thank you on the compliment also, when I do my monthly cleaning to my car I usually spend a good 8-10 hrs hand washing it, take the wheels off to clean them, clay bar the car twice, polish the paint, seal it with a sealer and then wax it.