PDA

View Full Version : First Weekend with lidio's tune

281MERC
05-09-2010, 06:18 PM
Wow what a difference, the extra bit of power is nice but what impressed me the most was the transmission adjustments, all the hype about it is true, it makes driving the car 10X more enjoyable, the best $400 i ever spent. the changes i made were lowering the rev limit in drive from 6600 to 6300 and raised idle in drive from 566 to 666 for the steeda UDP's. After lighting up the tires and seein the needle go past 6500 scared me a little i dont know why this would be set so high in the first place. I might change it to 6200 but want to make sure the shift points dont reach that. anyone??? I also found out with the shifter in 1st the car will still shift up to 2nd gear:(. As for converter lock up i requested the change from 63 to 53mph in 4th but didnt get it, noticed at light throttle while hovering the needle around 2000 it will "half shift" down to about 1700 at 63mph. I also noticed if you lay into it a little harder(not to much that it shifts down to third) it will stay unlocked till about 70 mph;) hope this is how its supposed to be and somethings not wrong with my trany? the only downside is that i burnt half a tank in 200KM:D

I also managed to run into the OPP twice all whithin 10 minutes!!!! i first got stopped at a ride program and they saw my 40 of canadian club on the back seat floor:censor:........so then they got us out of the car, searched the car, searched us, and gave me the ol breathalyzer and to their surprise i blew zeros:D ...but they took away my bottle of Canadianclub:mad: ...better than open liquor charge i guess. also got a complement about the car from one of the officers. so then we head off onto the 416 towards kemptville trying to make up for the lost time and not paying attention i come up to an unmarked CV doing about 140! by now im already in the passing lane so i slow down to 115 and make the pass and sure enough cherries light up:lol:so i pull over and to my relief only gives me a warning after a quick talk about what i did wrong etc. he didnt run my paperwork because of what happend at the ride program i guess.

Black_Noise
05-09-2010, 06:30 PM
that half shift is the TC unlocking... normal, mine dont lock till 65ish, I wish it was 55 though.

its nice either way, wakes the car up nicely

281MERC
05-10-2010, 07:12 PM
that half shift is the TC unlocking... normal, mine dont lock till 65ish, I wish it was 55 though.

its nice either way, wakes the car up nicely
I realized that i just didn't expect it to stay unlocked until 70 mph when your a little harder on the gas. i thought lidio's tune stayed locked at all speeds above 63mph no matter what throttle position... without shifting down to 3rd of course.

Black_Noise
05-10-2010, 07:32 PM
with mine it locks at like 65, and if your light on the gas it will go down to around 57, then it unlocks again, till you hit 65ish.

thats how mine is anyway

281MERC
05-17-2010, 08:36 PM
ya to be exact mine locks a cunt hair above 90km so its the same as yours, and you didn't ask for a lower lockup when you ordered your tune right? i find this perfect and im glad i didn't get the lower lockup. are you running 4.10s?

-Matt-
05-17-2010, 08:44 PM
cunt hair

Was it red?