PDA

View Full Version : MM.net tent events for Carlisle 2010

Blackened300a
05-12-2010, 05:27 PM
Here's a rundown of what is planned at the MM.net tent at Carlisle this year.

T-shirts. Ill have everybody's T-shirt order at the show with me. Just walk up to me at anytime Friday or Saturday. Cash is accepted

Giveaways. Martin (Dark Knight) had a Marauder item made up to celebrate the event. This will be given away as well as dash plaques and shot glasses supplied by MM.net. Jonathan (SMOKE) will have placards and ballots made up for your car and for the voting.

Saturday Afternoon BBQ. Tom (ts-pa) is bringing his grill again this year for us. Any food or drink items you wanna donate to this will be greatly appreciated. We are also looking for a few chefs to rotate cooking duties so nobody is tied down to the grill all day.

Sparta raffle. Tommy of Sparta performance donated a brand new set of silver control arms to raffle off as well as discount coupons to purchase a set. Drawing is Saturday afternoon at 3pm. Tommy will also be there in person to accept orders for anyone who wants a Sparta performance item.

50/50 raffle. Last year the winner took home $175 in the raffle and the rest was donated to MM.net for their support. This year the raffle returns with more members so that means a bigger prize! Drawing Saturday afternoon at 3pm.

In-voting car show. It's up to us fellow Marauder owners to decide who's Marauder is most deserving to win a trophy this year. The ballots will be handed out early on Saturday morning. The votes will be collected by 2pm and the trophy presentation will be Saturday afternoon at 3pm.

Member dinner? Last year a raffle was held to sponsor a member dinner. This year we can plan something together at our own cost if everyone wants to. There are several restaurants in the area and I can make a reservation when we decide where and when.

Don't forget to bring your chairs!!

TooManyFords
05-12-2010, 06:35 PM
T-shirts. Ill have everybody's T-shirt order at the show with me. Just walk up to me at anytime Friday or Saturday.

What do you look like? :confused:

Mr. Man
05-12-2010, 06:38 PM
You'll probably hear his Queens accent first:)

ImpalaSlayer
05-12-2010, 06:59 PM
What do you look like? :confused:

"how ya doin, im Paulie. good ta meet ya TMF"

:lol:

http://www.actingmagazine.com/images/Actors/joe-pesci.jpg

tjl006
05-12-2010, 07:01 PM
Thats funny man. Fogetaboutit

Blackened300a
05-12-2010, 07:40 PM
Ugh what a unflattering pic! Glad I been losing weight since then.

Ill have the boxes on one of the tables under the tent.

SpartaPerformance
05-12-2010, 07:50 PM

:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol: Pretty close!

Dark_Knight7096
05-13-2010, 07:49 AM

:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol: Pretty close!

What is he? Is he like a joke to you? Funny? Funny how? What is he like ****ing clown shoes to you?

Marauder_Santa
05-13-2010, 08:37 AM
This is my first year and looking forward to the event.

SMOKE
05-13-2010, 08:51 AM
Looks like fun and the Sparta raffle is one I have to be in on!

C-ya soon!

Best,
Jonathan

Loco1234
05-13-2010, 09:02 AM
Both PaCammer & myself work at the engineering firm here and utilize the large format plotter to create a large "MM.net" or "Marauder only" (& welcomed guest's) sign to hang from this years tent.

What does anyone think? I can make it up to 36" wide and more or less as long as I want to...
However a standard size is 36" x 48" or 30" x 42" but hell bigger is better...
I guess at very least we can put it up to block the sunny side of the tent...LOL

Ok well if everyone thinks its a good Idea; I need a graphic suggestions etc... I can plot anything & it is pretty high quality color.

HEY Blackened - If I had the graphic for the Tee shirts I could even plot you a sign to put up by them.

I can plot onto regular paper or onto Vellum so it holds better.

FreddieH
05-13-2010, 10:22 AM
Both PaCammer & myself work at the engineering firm here and utilize the large format plotter to create a large "MM.net" or "Marauder only" (& welcomed guest's) sign to hang from this years tent.

What does anyone think? I can make it up to 36" wide and more or less as long as I want to...
However a standard size is 36" x 48" or 30" x 42" but hell bigger is better...
I guess at very least we can put it up to block the sunny side of the tent...LOL

Ok well if everyone thinks its a good Idea; I need a graphic suggestions etc... I can plot anything & it is pretty high quality color.

HEY Blackened - If I had the graphic for the Tee shirts I could even plot you a sign to put up by them.

I can plot onto regular paper or onto Vellum so it holds better.How about this or in reverse colors.

Loco1234
05-13-2010, 10:40 AM
How about this or in reverse colors.

Reverse colors would def use alot less ink...

Mr. Man
05-13-2010, 01:22 PM
Reverse colors would def use alot less ink...
If your sign catches everyones attention be prepared for a lot of orders:)

Blackened300a
05-13-2010, 02:41 PM

I can plot onto regular paper or onto Vellum so it holds better.

All of the shirts are spoken for so no need to advertise them. I do appreciate it though! :beer:
The idea for the sign sounds great.

If your sign catches everyones attention be prepared for a lot of orders:)

Thats the problem. I only have a handful of extras so I didn't have to come home with over 100 extra shirts like last year. I wonder if I should put in a order for a few more. :confused:

Joe Walsh
05-13-2010, 03:04 PM
All of the shirts are spoken for so no need to advertise them. I do appreciate it though! :beer:
The idea for the sign sounds great.

Thats the problem. I only have a handful of extras so I didn't have to come home with over 100 extra shirts like last year.
I wonder if I should put in a order for a few more. :confused:

For real!??

Man that sucks!
You do all the members a favor and then get stuck with a bunch of T-shirts because of "Yeah! I'll buy 4 of those!"...then they bag out on you. :rolleyes:
Do you have many left?

Ms. Denmark
05-13-2010, 03:24 PM
Paul, you can count on Mr. Man and me to help ts-pa (Tom) with the grill etc. Sounds like a great line up of activities at our tent! Looking forward to another fantastic time at Carlisle, with everyone and their amazing cars!!

Blackened300a
05-13-2010, 03:24 PM
For real!??

Man that sucks!
You do all the members a favor and then get stuck with a bunch of T-shirts because of "Yeah! I'll buy 4 of those!"...then they bag out on you. :rolleyes:
Do you have many left?

Actually last year I came up with the brilliant idea to just make a ton of shirts in all different sizes with 2 different designs. The 2 designs jacked up the cost of each shirt to the point that I didnt feel right even mentioning the price. I ended up pawning them off at a loss and I took a big hit doing it last year.
This year I went with a single design, good quality shirt and took pre-orders. Now Im almost out of shirts! I don't blame the members for last year, I blame my bad idea. Now I learned the right way to do it and I argued with my printer to get the start-up costs down so I can offer them for $10 each. for 2010.

I still have a box of 2009 shirts left sitting here. Mostly 3XL and Mediums.

Krytin
05-13-2010, 03:35 PM
Bring some black 3XL's to Carlisle please!

Ladyhawke
05-13-2010, 07:13 PM

Are the mediums ladies or mens?

Blackened300a
05-13-2010, 07:34 PM
Are the mediums ladies or mens?

All mens.

I got you covered Paul. Ill bring all my 09 shirts and blow them out for $5 each.

Krytin
05-14-2010, 09:08 AM
Very good Paul! I'll buy up a few XXXL's and some of the smaller sizes too! There are some people at work interested!

Joe Walsh
05-14-2010, 09:34 AM
Actually last year I came up with the brilliant idea to just make a ton of shirts in all different sizes with 2 different designs. The 2 designs jacked up the cost of each shirt to the point that I didnt feel right even mentioning the price. I ended up pawning them off at a loss and I took a big hit doing it last year.
This year I went with a single design, good quality shirt and took pre-orders. Now Im almost out of shirts! I don't blame the members for last year, I blame my bad idea. Now I learned the right way to do it and I argued with my printer to get the start-up costs down so I can offer them for $10 each. for 2010.

10-4...I didn't know how you handled it last year.
I might buy a medium and wear it in a feeble and misguided attempt to look like the HULK....:shake:.....:rofl:

Blackened300a
05-14-2010, 09:35 AM
10-4...I didn't know how you handled it last year.
I might buy a medium and wear it in a feeble and misguided attempt to look like the HULK....:shake:.....:rofl:

LOL I could rip the sleeves off and put a cut down the neck so you could wear like a muscle shirt. ;)

Joe Walsh
05-14-2010, 09:41 AM
LOL I could rip the sleeves off and put a cut down the neck so you could wear like a muscle shirt. ;)

Great! Now all that I need is the muscles!

Blackened300a
05-14-2010, 09:45 AM
I may have a large left over Ill have to go through the box to really get a idea of what I have. See me on Friday. Im blowing them out at $5 each.

Joe Walsh
05-14-2010, 09:53 AM
I may have a large left over Ill have to go through the box to really get a idea of what I have. See me on Friday. Im blowing them out at $5 each.

Sounds good!

Loco1234
05-14-2010, 11:56 AM
LOL now we are really getting off topic... LOL

ImpalaSlayer
05-14-2010, 12:57 PM
LOL now we are really getting off topic... LOL

nothing new there :lol:

Blackened300a
05-14-2010, 05:45 PM
OK heres what I have left of the 2009 shirts.

4 Black 3XL
4 White 3XL
5 Black Medium
11 White Medium.

No other sizes available.

Krytin
05-15-2010, 01:53 PM
I'll take 4 xxxl's - 2 black & 2 white.

Dark_Knight7096
05-17-2010, 06:24 AM
I'll take 1 black XXXL!

Blackened300a
05-17-2010, 06:58 AM
Ill be handing those out at the waffle house. ;)

Loco1234
05-21-2010, 09:12 AM
I still need a graphic to utilize for the MM.net tent sign. Please remember this will be Plotted (printed) on 36" x 48" vellum or paper... so It can't be a solid black background or it will use ALOT of ink for no good reason... Im not great at graphics so im looking to the people for some help....

I'll get it Plotted & to the event...

Blackened300a
05-21-2010, 10:24 AM
I still need a graphic to utilize for the MM.net tent sign. Please remember this will be Plotted (printed) on 36" x 48" vellum or paper... so It can't be a solid black background or it will use ALOT of ink for no good reason... Im not great at graphics so im looking to the people for some help....

I'll get it Plotted & to the event...

Jonathan (SMOKE) will be in touch with you with the design for the banner. Jonathan designed 3 different variations of the MM.net logo for the front of the shirt. The designs that weren't used will be the one that will be used on the banner. That will save you ink and its nice that they won't be wasted.

Loco1234
05-21-2010, 11:52 AM
Jonathan (SMOKE) will be in touch with you with the design for the banner. Jonathan designed 3 different variations of the MM.net logo for the front of the shirt. The designs that weren't used will be the one that will be used on the banner. That will save you ink and its nice that they won't be wasted.

Very cool!!! sounds great.

SMOKE
05-21-2010, 12:14 PM
PM sent!

Best,
Jonathan