PDA

View Full Version : Benefits of real control arms!

SpartaPerformance
05-18-2010, 09:25 PM
It seems lately that there is what appears to be a non site supporting vendor "tooting" about their product, a product that the manufacturer claims they can not guaranty the for high HP applications and recommend yet another manufacturers product.
The truth is the control arms & Watts link bars we offer do not require an upgrade for 300, 400, 500RWHP etc... Our control arms are made of single piece square tube steal for extremely high strength, the bushings are custom made by another local manufacturer using injection mold process, not pour mold like most bushing manufacturers. The injection mold process eliminates all the tiny air bubbles like the competitions has for added strength, they also use a Delrin sleeve between the bushing and steal sleeve for quiet operation and permanent lubrication without the need for grease. My manufacturer is a sponsor of National Auto Sport Association (NASA) Camaro-Mustang Challenge (CMC) & American Iron (AI) Racing Series. His materials and construction techniques are race proven on the track.
If you have any questions feel free to PM me, I'll also be attending Carlisle this year and hope to see you all there.

musclemerc
05-19-2010, 05:28 AM
He bought something that he did his research on and was proud of the product. Nothing wrong with that. For the costs alone if I were in the market to buy CA's and did'nt make my own I would choose yours they look great. Your product speaks for itself.

Bradley G
05-19-2010, 05:36 AM
which mfg. has Ca's that have power limitations?
This is the first I've heard of this.
I know the stock ones are flimsy, I've known of some instances where they did not stand up the a supercharged application.
Good luck on the CA's & Watt Links hope you sell a Bunch!

babbage
05-19-2010, 05:46 AM
I wanted billet - plain and simple. Sparta arms can rust over time and I didn't want that, I also preferred the type of bushing with the Henious arms. (Energy Suspension graphite impregnated polyurethane bushings installed for long term noise-free service. No grease fittings needed.) Just a personal choice. It wasn't the manufacturer that made the comments it was the vendor.

I know the manufacturer suggested they be run on the higher cars and didn't flinch at all when I told him the numbers they were putting down. He was completely confident in his product and did do strength testing but I don't know the particulars. He said the mount or the bushings would fail before the arm failed

musclemerc
05-19-2010, 05:47 AM
Henious Control Arms

which mfg. has Ca's that have power limitations?

fastblackmerc
05-19-2010, 05:53 AM
I wanted billet - plain and simple. Sparta arms can rust over time and I didn't want that, I also preferred the type of bushing with the Henious arms. (Energy Suspension graphite impregnated polyurethane bushings installed for long term noise-free service. No grease fittings needed.) Just a personal choice. It wasn't the manufacturer that made the comments it was the vendor.

I too wanted billet control arms and Metco's were the ticket for me. Also have their Watts link. Greasing them 2x's a year isn't a problem for me.

SpartaPerformance
05-19-2010, 05:46 PM

Rust....? Rust...? You do know they're powder coated? You do know metal thats powder coated is chemically cleaned and treated and powder coated it electrostatically. They can NOT and will NOT rust.....EVER! Please do not make assumptions on my products.

Black_Out
05-19-2010, 06:18 PM
I'll be purchasing a set of your CA's after all the engine work is done :)

Bradley G
05-19-2010, 06:27 PM
Thanks, there is so much offered for this car. for 11K units produced we have many CA options M&Z no longer offered, Metco, Sparta, Heinous, Homemade adjustable, Boxed OEM,
Henious Control Arms

babbage
05-20-2010, 05:34 AM
Rust....? Rust...? You do know they're powder coated? You do know metal thats powder coated is chemically cleaned and treated and powder coated it electrostaticlly. They can NOT and will NOT rust.....EVER! Please do not make assumptions on my products.

A small stone from the wheel well area might chip the paint. (high contact area) Then they will rust.

musclemerc
05-20-2010, 05:59 AM
^^^^ Very true.

Spectragod
05-20-2010, 08:51 AM
If another manufacturer wants to make me the same deal that Henious made me to try their control arms, I would be more than willing to swap them out.

SpartaPerformance
05-20-2010, 11:59 AM
A small stone from the wheel well area might chip the paint. (high contact area) Then they will rust.

That is soooo far stretched its ridiculous. The location of the control arms makes the odds of a rock hitting them 1 million to 1, and out of those its a million to 1 that a rock would hit hard enough to chip the powder coat. As you can see buy the photo below I chipped this arm with a full blow from a hammer and chisel on purpose to see what abuse the coating would take, this arm and chip are 10 months old and you can see mark is still gray from the base coat so if a full hit from a hammer and chisel didn't expose the metal a rock wont.

http://i107.photobucket.com/albums/m298/buysuperlow/chip.jpg

If another manufacturer wants to make me the same deal that Henious made me to try their control arms, I would be more than willing to swap them out.

What kind of deal? PM me.

Zack
05-20-2010, 12:07 PM
The control arms we sold years ago have rusted, at least on my cars.

musclemerc
05-20-2010, 12:24 PM
You need a bigger hammer!

That is soooo far stretched its ridiculous. The location of the control arms makes the odds of a rock hitting them 1 million to 1, and out of those its a million to 1 that a rock would hit hard enough to chip the powder coat. As you can see buy the photo below I chipped this arm with a full blow from a hammer and chisel on purpose to see what abuse the coating would take, this arm and chip are 10 months old and you can see mark is still gray from the base coat so if a full hit from a hammer and chisel didn't expose the metal a rock wont.

http://i107.photobucket.com/albums/m298/buysuperlow/chip.jpg

What kind of deal? PM me.

ImpalaSlayer
05-20-2010, 01:55 PM

mine have some slight rust, but they did when i got them

Blackened300a
05-20-2010, 02:32 PM
Jeeze we're sold already! :D

http://images.encyclopediadramatica.c om/images/9/92/Billy_Mays_Hammer.gif

SpartaPerformance
05-20-2010, 02:39 PM
You need a bigger hammer!

Bigger hammer for what? I think putting a chisel on the arm and hitting the chisel with a hammer is way more forceful impact then any rock that would hit them, especially when the chances of rocks hitting them is extremely slim. I don't understand why people are posting ASSUMPTIONS on my products when I post facts. Am I wrong in educating the members in here about spending their hard earned money on what some manufacturer sells as a premium product but needs a disclaimer about their strength? That's not right.

fastblackmerc
05-20-2010, 03:26 PM
Bigger hammer for what? I think putting a chisel on the arm and hitting the chisel with a hammer is way more forceful impact then any rock that would hit them, especially when the chances of rocks hitting them is extremely slim. I don't understand why people are posting ASSUMPTIONS on my products when I post facts. Am I wrong in educating the members in here about spending their hard earned money on what some manufacturer sells as a premium product but needs a disclaimer about their strength? That's not right.

I think he's just screwin' with you......

musclemerc
05-20-2010, 03:35 PM
I was. Just screwing with you that is. You said you gave it a full blow! If I hit that thing with a hammer and chisel at a full blow it would show more damage than that. I did'nt mean to offed you. But to me a full blow you reach back past the Mississippi and give it all you got.

SpartaPerformance
05-20-2010, 08:05 PM
I was. Just screwing with you that is. You said you gave it a full blow! If I hit that thing with a hammer and chisel at a full blow it would show more damage than that. I did'nt mean to offed you. But to me a full blow you reach back past the Mississippi and give it all you got.

Past the Mississippi? That's one helluva swing! :lol:

tbone
05-20-2010, 09:19 PM

RIP Billy!

Bradley G
05-21-2010, 03:09 AM
I'm getting tired watching.......
RIP Billy!

Loco1234
05-21-2010, 08:30 AM

Really? i powder coated my at home with the Eastwood powder system & mine still look pretty good... Professional powder coating is only better for that matter...

SMOKE
05-21-2010, 09:35 AM
All I know is I'm entering the Carlisle raffle for a chance to win a set of Sparta's and will be pretty stoked if I win....:)

Best,
J

Blackened300a
05-21-2010, 10:19 AM
All I know is I'm entering the Carlisle raffle for a chance to win a set of Sparta's and will be pretty stoked if I win....:)

Best,
J

Every raffle ticket sold earns you a discount coupon toward a Sparta performance watts link or a set of control arms so basically everyone is a winner!

Just some added info on this product. I wanted control arms and a Watts link for my car, the only available options were the Metco for well over $400 for the control arms and over $450 for a watts link bar, or the heinous arms for over $350 which Im not sold on the look. Tommy through his business ventures hooked up with a fabricator that makes a high quality product for the mustang community at a very reasonable price. I spoke with Tommy about having something put together for the Marauder community that will take the abuse of a high powered large car, look good, quiet during use, color options to fit each individuals preference, and still be reasonably priced. The Sparta control arms and Watts link were the outcome of that discussion. Through donations of spare materials from other members, the jig was built and production process from idea to actual working product was only 2 weeks. These parts are race proven through years of the fabricators mustang experience. That same fabrication was used in the production of the Sparta arms and the watts link for the panther platform.

SpartaPerformance
05-21-2010, 08:29 PM

:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol: :lol:
I miss Billy!

SpartaPerformance
05-21-2010, 08:37 PM
Really? i powder coated my at home with the Eastwood powder system & mine still look pretty good... Professional powder coating is only better for that matter...

How is that Eastwood kit? I see there are tons of color choices

Every raffle ticket sold earns you a discount coupon toward a Sparta performance watts link or a set of control arms so basically everyone is a winner!

..... actual working product was only 2 weeks.......

Every person that buys raffle tickets gets 1 discount coupon, getting multiple coupons doesn't do any good. Sorry! :D

Actually the working product took almost a month due to the fact that a bushing needed to be made, these are custom made for Panther cars they're unique, not off the "shelf"

Mr. Man
05-24-2010, 10:35 AM
I will attest to the quality and performance of the Sparta CA's and Watt's Links. In conjunction with the Addco Sway Bars and new shocks recently installed on our MM we had a chance to do some controlled hot laps at NH International Speedway. Though we were not able to do full on bonsai runs we were able to drop back from the pace car for a distance and push the MM as far as we could till we caught up to the pace car.(Passing of the pace car was a no-no)
For a big car the MM handled very well and felt far more stable than with the OEM parts. I highly recommend Sparta's suspension parts upgrades. They have been on our car since the winter and I see no evidence of chipping, rust or any other type of degradation. Well worth the cost. My .02 cents:)