PDA

View Full Version : Postcards from New Hampshire May 2010

Ms. Denmark
05-22-2010, 09:10 PM
Just wrapped up our first (and possibly annual ?) Regional Meet here in NH. Four cars and 9 people participated. We had a GREAT time doing everything from drive through covered bridges, toured a Shaker village, to driving at speeds close to 100 mph on a NASCAR track.

Ladyhawke, Haggis, Emma (niece Rachel) RF Overlord, MM03MOK, VTWoodsman, Ms. VTWoodsman, Mr. Man and Ms. Demark.

Click on the picture below to see a slideshow of all the great "Postcards of New Hampshire May 2010."

http://www.mercurymarauder.net/gallery/data/603/medium/IMG_2316x.jpg (http://www.mercurymarauder.net/gallery/slideshow.php?photo=17992&cat=&slideshow=1&slidedelay=4&size=medium)

Bluerauder
05-22-2010, 09:26 PM
Just wrapped up our first (and possibly annual ?) Regional Meet here in NH. Four cars and 9 people participated. We had a GREAT time doing everything from drive through covered bridges, toured a Shaker village, to driving at speeds close to 100 mph on a NASCAR track.
Wow, lots of nice pics. Looks like you all had a terrific time. Wish I could have put a Blue MM in some of the shots.

Ladyhawke
05-22-2010, 11:16 PM
Uploaded some of our pics also to the gallery. Here's a sampling.

http://www.mercurymarauder.net/gallery/data/603/medium/IMG_7265x.jpg

http://www.mercurymarauder.net/gallery/data/603/medium/IMG_7276x.jpg

http://www.mercurymarauder.net/gallery/data/603/medium/IMG_7503x.jpg

http://www.mercurymarauder.net/gallery/data/603/medium/IMG_7456x.jpg

http://www.mercurymarauder.net/gallery/data/603/medium/IMG_7665x.jpg

http://www.mercurymarauder.net/gallery/data/603/medium/IMG_7668x.jpg

http://www.mercurymarauder.net/gallery/data/603/medium/IMG_7679x.jpg

guspech750
05-23-2010, 01:50 AM
Really nice slide show!!!

LeoVampire
05-23-2010, 12:57 PM
Great slide show and it looks like you all had an awsome time up there!

Wish I had been able to swing it as well!

:beer:

MM03MOK
05-23-2010, 02:17 PM
Arrived home in just 2.5 hours after hitting the outlet stores. So great to catch up with friends and make new friends too!! Pictures to come. Many thanks to Paula and Eric for hatching the idea and offering a great itinerary! Now.....what to do for dinner!! :D

Ms. Denmark
05-23-2010, 03:26 PM
Arrived home in just 2.5 hours after hitting the outlet stores. So great to catch up with old friends and make new friends too!! Pictures to come. Many thanks to Paula and Eric for hatching the idea and offering a great itinerary! Now.....what to do for dinner!! :DWe just rolled in ourselves. Had a productive last minute stop at the Coach outlet:coolman: then a 6 hour ride home. No rain, clear sailing all the way!

Hated to see the weekend come to a close. We were busy every minute from early morning to late at night every day. Not even time for LCR! Eric and I had a wonderful time! Like Mary said, it is always great to spend time with our Marauding friends and to welcome new ones! We enjoyed Mary and Bob's company so much........and couldn't have done without Mary and her i Phone in locating some great local restaurants!! It's always wonderful to see Chris and Gordon! And this time we also enjoyed the company of their very lovely niece Rachel! She was a great addition to our group!. New comers (to the rest of us), vtwoodsman (John) and his beautiful wife Marianne fit right in and were such a pleasure to get to know! We look forward to seeing you two again! Thanks to all of you for coming along!!

The highlights for me, (besides just getting together with great people to enjoy the picture perfect New Hampshire weather...... covered bridges.......quaint villages....... train stations......fantastic meals.....and gorgeous scenery) were; touring Historic Shaker Village, enjoying all the attention our Marauders got from the judges and visitors to the car show (and we had a beautiful cool day for it) and last but not least, the chance to take 2 parade laps on the NASCAR track (set up for a road course) at speeds up to 65+ mph and a second opportunity at the end of the day, for 2 more laps (practically a private "Marauders only" experience) with some members reaching speeds of nearly 100 mph!! Way too much fun!! LOL!:D

CBT
05-23-2010, 04:40 PM
Awesome! Pretty bad-ass slide show, love all the historical stuff.

MM03MOK
05-23-2010, 04:48 PM
Awesome! Pretty bad-ass slide show, love all the historical stuff.
I know a lot more about Shakerism now! Very interesting community that only has three members left! Literally a dying religious sect - United Society of Believers in Christ's Second Appearing.
http://www.shakers.org/

CBT
05-23-2010, 05:27 PM
3, a whopping 3?! That's crazy. Shakers made furniture that goes for gazillions of dollars now. I wonder if the Amish will ever fade out like that. I'm sort of glad I wasn't in on this trip, I'd still be there taking pictures. And not to burst thier bubble, but Christ already made his second appearance. He was born, that was the first. Then he died, and ascended to heaven from his tomb, then came back briefly. So when he shows up again, it will be for the third time.

I know a lot more about Shakerism now! Very interesting community that only has three members left! Literally a dying religious sect - United Society of Believers in Christ's Second Appearing.
http://www.shakers.org/

MM03MOK
05-23-2010, 05:45 PM
3, a whopping 3?! That's crazy. Shakers made furniture that goes for gazillions of dollars now. I wonder if the Amish will ever fade out like that. I'm sort of glad I wasn't in on this trip, I'd still be there taking pictures. And not to burst thier bubble, but Christ already made his second appearance. He was born, that was the first. Then he died, and ascended to heaven from his tomb, then came back briefly. So when he shows up again, it will be for the third time.As we learned on the tour, Shakers live as brothers and sisters, even if they're married. They live celibate lives and live and work separately. They were certainly ahead of their time, with equality between the sexes, but behind the times in many ways too.

Ms. Denmark
05-23-2010, 06:04 PM
Awesome! Pretty bad-ass slide show, love all the historical stuff. I have to give all the credit for posting my pics to the talented Ladyhawke (Chris) and for making them magically work on the site, MM03MOK (Mary)! Thanks to them, the rest of you can enjoy a taste of our weekend. BTW Casey, you would have been "in heaven" with all the photo opportunities! LOL Come along next time!!

Bluerauder
05-23-2010, 06:19 PM
Shakers live as brothers and sisters, even if they're married. They live celibate lives .....

This ^^^^^ could be the primary reason that there are only 3 left. :P

Egon Spengler
05-23-2010, 06:23 PM
Wish I could have made it. My car isn't worth showing anyways haha, but after my motorcycle accident I had to deal with all that and get it down to the shop

Ms. Denmark
05-23-2010, 06:28 PM
Wish I could have made it. My car isn't worth showing anyways haha, but after my motorcycle accident I had to deal with all that and get it down to the shopWe missed seeing you Tom. You would have been welcome even without a Marauder to show, but we know you had things you needed to take care of. We hope to catch you next time!

Ms. Denmark
05-23-2010, 06:31 PM
This ^^^^^ could be the primary reason that there are only 3 left. :PYa think???????? :D
We missed you guys, Charlie. (And we coulda used a Blue in some of those shots!);)

Haggis
05-23-2010, 07:32 PM
Wish I could have made it. My car isn't worth showing anyways haha, but after my motorcycle accident I had to deal with all that and get it down to the shop

Excuses, excuses...you still owe Mr. Man and myself a drink!

Oh yea, made it home safe about an half hour ago and Rachel drove the last hour or so as Chris and I was tired.

TCBO1
05-23-2010, 07:37 PM
Oh yea, made it home safe about an half hour ago and Rachel drove the last hour or so as Chris and I was tired.

:banana2::banana2: SWEEETT!! Go Rachel!!!! :banana2:

MM03MOK
05-23-2010, 08:30 PM
Shakers live as brothers and sisters, even if they're married. They live celibate lives

This ^^^^^ could be the primary reason that there are only 3 left. :PExactly. One had to be 21 to join. Recruitment was the only way to grow the congregation. With no recruitment in years, the membership is dying off.

Big Black Beast
05-23-2010, 10:42 PM
That's really cool. Only 4 cars!? I hope this can continue and grow in the future.

Ms. Denmark
05-24-2010, 06:13 AM
That's really cool. Only 4 cars!? I hope this can continue and grow in the future.
We will give serious thought to planning a meet for next year. The timing on this meet was dictated by the New Hampshire Motor Speedway Classic Car Show date. It was well worth attending this event, but it comes right on the heels of All Fords National at Carlisle, PA in early June. (A lot of us are attending that show as we do every year. It isn't possible for members to attend everything.) We had several members who had hoped to attend, have to cancel for personal reasons. We missed them, but certainly understand. That said, the 4 cars that attended this time got a lot of attention! And the 9 of us who participated had a great time together!!

Egon Spengler
05-24-2010, 06:22 AM
Could have been 5 if I didn't get into an accident on my bike on thursday and have to deal with that crap!:shake:

SMOKE
05-24-2010, 11:14 AM
Great job on the photo's and the slide show (had no idea that tool existed on the site)....

Anywhoo - looks like you had a great time and a I was tied up all weekend as I expected but I was able to look at the FB posting on my phone about the 100MPH lap and showed it to someone next to me and got a sympathy frown-face from them which mirrored my sentiments exactly with regards to having to take a pass....

HOPE this becomes annual...so close by and looks like there was plenty to see and do...hope I get my shot next time!

Best,
Jonathan

Ms. Denmark
05-24-2010, 02:23 PM
I hope this can continue and grow in the future.

Great job on the photo's and the slide show (had no idea that tool existed on the site)....
I know people in high places. Bunny made the magic happen!

Anywhoo - looks like you had a great time and a I was tied up all weekend as I expected but I was able to look at the FB posting on my phone about the 100MPH lap and showed it to someone next to me and got a sympathy frown-face from them which mirrored my sentiments exactly with regards to having to take a pass....

HOPE this becomes annual...so close by and looks like there was plenty to see and do...hope I get my shot next time!

Best,
JonathanWe did have fun and we missed you! Hope things are getting back to normal for you.

As for making this an annual meet, we haven't ruled that out. The NHIS people were very happy that we participated. They gave us primo parking for the car show (on grass in the hospitality area, near the loo, close enough to hear the kickin' country/western band and not too far from the food and drinks) They were pretty cool about the hot laps too. The second time we went on the track (with a pace car) there were only the 4 Marauders and 2-3 wannabees (lol). As long as we didn't pass the pace car, (moving about 60 mph) we were free to go. We just hung back and gave ourselves room to let the ponies run! There are a lot of other things to do up there. so it's the kind of meet that combines great scenic/historic stuff with great car stuff. We will see how much interest there is in doing it again in 2011. I'd like to see maybe 8-10 cars. It would be great to have you and some of the other members who had expressed interest join us next time. However, we realized there are advantages to keeping things on a smaller scale. We were able to modify the plans easily.......and it made getting dinner reservations a lot easier!! We'll keep you posted!

Bluerauder
05-24-2010, 03:51 PM
As for making this an annual meet, we haven't ruled that out. The NHIS people were very happy that we participated.
I'd definitely be interested in attending next year, if possible. :D

vtwoodsman
05-24-2010, 06:03 PM
We had a fantastic time with the Marauder crew at the NH events. We really appreciated the kind welcome for us "newbies", and for the well organized itinerary.
We'd be more than happy to do it again next year if possible. If you get a chance to check out the pictures....you'll see the NA Marauders had the advantage at the NH Speedway road course. Well....the SC Marauders did have a "slight" edge on the straights....*G*!!!

vtwoodsman
05-24-2010, 06:13 PM
Additional note of interest: While our four Marauders were on display at the NH car show an elderly gentleman took a keen interest. He spent at least 45 minutes examining all the Marauders, especially MOK's car. I asked him if he wanted to buy the MOK car and he responded, " I already have one"!! That caught me completely by surprise and of course generating lots of questions. Turns out "Peter" lives not far from the NH Speedway, owns a 2003 Marauder. He was more than happy to expound on his MM purchase and maintenance issues, and he was very interested in all the accessories on our MM's of which he had no clue existed. I invited him to join the MM.net group only to find he doesn't own a computer. Ms. VTwoodsman managed to get his mailing address, and we plan to mail him some photo's of the event.

DOOM
05-24-2010, 08:08 PM
Wish I could have made it! :hankie:

RF Overlord
05-25-2010, 01:05 AM
Not to worry, Doomie...The Blackbird kept your spot warm for you. :D
http://www.mercurymarauder.net/gallery/data/603/medium/IMG_2118x.jpg?67