PDA

View Full Version : Will Trilogy be offering..

01 Interceptor
11-23-2003, 02:33 AM
a kit for the 01+ Crown Victoria? I noticed the MM kit didn't interfere with the battery(from what I could tell in the photo on the homepage.)

HookedOnCV
11-23-2003, 11:40 AM
Interceptor, there would be a signifigant amount of re-work to their Marauder kit to make it work for our cars. There are already several people that have s/c kits for our cars, and I can't see the demand being there for them to develop a kit for us.

I am very impressed with the kit Trilogy put together for the Marauder. The fit and finish, and quality of parts used is fantastic. I don't believe the Eaton M112 will fit our cars, the intake is signifigantly different, etc. etc.

The AED kit I have has advantages and disadvantages over the Trilogy kit, but you can't really compare them apples to apples.

Take a look at AED's kit, or DR's kit for our cars.

Todd

01 Interceptor
11-23-2003, 01:49 PM
I have...and thank you for your advice. I am just trying to get a horsepower/dollar ratio, from the guys who make kits.

I would like to know if you have 1/4 mile times. That way I can get a feel for the difference from stock. Thanks.

HookedOnCV
11-23-2003, 02:09 PM
I did post in the timeslips section on this board. This was in mid-August with 90 degree temps and a fair amount of humidity in the air.

On a cooler day (50-60 degrees) I am thinking I could easily be in the mid to upper 13's. AED does have some weaknesses in their kit which I am working on (intercooler cooling) which should help keep the charge air temps down to re-gain some HP.

There are still some upgrades I haven't tried, like exhaust, gears, torque converter, etc. Speed costs money, and I am happy with a very street drivable car that can beat many cars pulling away from a stop light. It isn't a 12 second car and I'll never put the money into making it a 12 second car, but I also have less $ into my car than most people paid for their stock Marauder.

The Marauder with a s/c doesn't even compare to mine. There is probably another 80-100 HP or more over what my car puts out.

Like I said, I am very happy with my car, and can honestly recommend the AED package.

Todd

Jerry Barnes
11-23-2003, 02:55 PM
You remember that old saying "Never say Never", there are some very interesting meetings occurring between us and Ford this coming week. Stay tuned!!! 4.6L 2V Intercooled Supercharger? We will see!!!

01 Interceptor
11-26-2003, 03:36 AM
I like what I am hearing Jerry!!!!